Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Old 11-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ale.pac
Damn it! So I installed my dampers in the wrong way
DL6 in front left tyre, and DR6 in the front right. Do you think it could have caused damages? ...
Please don't worry.
The arrangement of L and R dampers influences only on the operation at asymmetric mode and can't damage the dampers.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Default to buy or not to buy??

There's no doubt that this car is an absolute work of art that more closely resembles a pan car than any other touring car available on the market today.

My only concern is the durability.
Can this car survive light crashes to finish races?
What is recommended for small/tight high grip carpet track A700EX or A700L?
Why did the price of the A700L drop so much? How was is cheapened?
Does the car come with front spool and rear gear diff?
What are the must haves in terms of tuning/option parts? In other words, how much more money should I prepare to spend to get this car to be competitive?

These are only a subset of the questions that I have in my mind at this time. If I haven't annoyed you guys already, I may just as a few more.

Appreciate everyone's support.

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mhavlena
There's no doubt that this car is an absolute work of art that more closely resembles a pan car than any other touring car available on the market today.

My only concern is the durability.
Can this car survive light crashes to finish races?
Yes, it's fine.
What is recommended for small/tight high grip carpet track A700EX or A700L?
If you run the A700L in longitudinal mode you'll find alot more setups, and it does switch direction quicker.
Why did the price of the A700L drop so much? How was is cheapened?
It wasn't cheapened, it just doesn't have parts to switch the motor to the traditional direction.
Does the car come with front spool and rear gear diff?
The manual answers this, and yes.

What are the must haves in terms of tuning/option parts? In other words, how much more money should I prepare to spend to get this car to be competitive?
The car is competitive out of the box, all option parts are truly optional and probably have very minimal gains (like the central servo mount). Some spares will be desired as with any car, but nothing dramatic. I would budget 10% over car price.

These are only a subset of the questions that I have in my mind at this time. If I haven't annoyed you guys already, I may just as a few more.

Appreciate everyone's support.

Thanks!
Questions are fine, but a little bit of search on rctech (especially using "<search text> site:rctech.net" on Google) will yield many answers.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Michael ! I can even make a little contribution if you bring one at our track
Old 11-21-2012, 12:44 AM
Tof
Tech Rookie

Hello,

I try to mount the speed passion Reventon Pro on a A700L. What made you a clean intallation? The ESC is bigger, have you a pics?

Thanks,

Chris
Old 11-21-2012, 02:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by daktulos
Hey Michael ! I can even make a little contribution if you bring one at our track
Hello Alex!
I might just take you up on that offer!!..
BTW, congrats on your new arrival..!!
Talk soon!!
Old 11-21-2012, 03:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by erchn
Yes, it's fine.

If you run the A700L in longitudinal mode you'll find alot more setups, and it does switch direction quicker.

It wasn't cheapened, it just doesn't have parts to switch the motor to the traditional direction.

The manual answers this, and yes.

The car is competitive out of the box, all option parts are truly optional and probably have very minimal gains (like the central servo mount). Some spares will be desired as with any car, but nothing dramatic. I would budget 10% over car price.

Questions are fine, but a little bit of search on rctech (especially using "<search text> site:rctech.net" on Google) will yield many answers.
Appreciate the elaborate responses...thanks!!
Is the instruction manual available online? Found that you could purchase it..or perhaps I didn't look hard enough?
Thanks!
Old 11-21-2012, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
ST24 is a shorter ball-end ( it is .7mm shorter than the standard kit ball studs )
thus it allows greater height adjustment range of camber and caster links.
Hi,

thanks a lot for your reply, so maybe it can allow to put Xray shock ball joint?

about damper 6 , 3 and the old ones, what is the order in viscosity please?

about P18/19 S are they just shorter or for stronger fixation?

I read on set up sheets, AM24 centered or offset, does it mean where is two way to fix AM24 ( I didn't see that in the manual)

About AM18-1 and AM26, how do these option work please? what do they give to the car on the track please?

Thanks a lot for all the explanations,

Nico'
Old 11-21-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

A700 for sale
Old 11-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is the instruction manual available online? Found that you could purchase it..or perhaps I didn't look hard enough?
Thanks!
Please download it from:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43565480/A7...NSTRUCTION.pdf
Old 11-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Replies in Red.

Originally Posted by Nico'
Hi,

thanks a lot for your reply, so maybe it can allow to put Xray shock ball joint?

Maybe! , but use of open ball cups would be advisable for easy fixation and removal ...

about damper 6 , 3 and the old ones, what is the order in viscosity please?

I believe the old one and 6 are basically the same viscosity and function the same. The optional 3 is half of 6 viscosity but I cannot answer for sure

about P18/19 S are they just shorter or for stronger fixation?

I haven't used them nor ever seen them

I read on set up sheets, AM24 centered or offset, does it mean where is two way to fix AM24 ( I didn't see that in the manual)

Yes, the AM24 can be mounted centered or offset

About AM18-1 and AM26, how do these option work please? what do they give to the car on the track please?

They change the camber link position changing roll center and camber gain as well as active caster effects. I recently experienced more off power steering than I wanted using Viljami's setup and intend to try longer camber links in the rear, as suggested by Freddy. AM18-1 allows more camber link lengths while AM26 allows shorter links and at a different angle.

Thanks a lot for all the explanations,

Hope it helps.

Nico'
Jake D.

Last edited by Magnet Top; 11-21-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Replies in Red.

Jake D.
Thanks for all!
Old 11-22-2012, 06:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

A700 for sale or trade... too many cars lol!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...wesomatix.html
Old 11-22-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I don't think anybodies buying used awesomatixs anymore ...I Remeber at the beginning of the year they wouldn't last a day in the for sale section ...now there's like 5 for sale here and mine has been for sale for 2 months on here .....wild how things change in a matter of months.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by theatriks
I don't think anybodies buying used awesomatixs anymore ...I Remeber at the beginning of the year they wouldn't last a day in the for sale section ...now there's like 5 for sale here and mine has been for sale for 2 months on here .....wild how things change in a matter of months.
Perhaps it will be interesting for collectors to know -
only 222 kits of А700 car were produced for the whole world.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.