Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Like Tree96Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Old 01-03-2012, 11:04 AM
  #1231  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 00000
Posts: 4,166
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

JayBee - just a heads up. I now have over 1500 laps on the original drive shafts, universals, gears diffs and spool - no rebuild required. The axle bushings are perfect.

You can probably hold off on spares for universals if you need to.
MDawson is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 11:18 AM
  #1232  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,819
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
JayBee - just a heads up. I now have over 1500 laps on the original drive shafts, universals, gears diffs and spool - no rebuild required. The axle bushings are perfect.

You can probably hold off on spares for universals if you need to.
Thanks Mark....I will be pickin' your brain soon.
JayBee is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 11:27 AM
  #1233  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 935
Default

Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
JayBee - just a heads up. I now have over 1500 laps on the original drive shafts, universals, gears diffs and spool - no rebuild required. The axle bushings are perfect.

You can probably hold off on spares for universals if you need to.
Proper and regular greasing is very important for long life of these parts.
1500 laps is very good!
Mark, what lubricants are you using in A700 now?
Oleg Babich is offline  
Old 01-03-2012, 11:55 AM
  #1234  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 00000
Posts: 4,166
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich View Post
Proper and regular greasing is very important for long life of these parts.
1500 laps is very good!
Mark, what lubricants are you using in A700 now?
For bearings, universals & light thin applications - Tri-Flow

For drivetrain - input gears - Wax Lube (bicycle chain lube) or Teflon Dry Lube

For gear diffs - Losi or XRAY CST oils

Both applications provide good coverage and reduce build up of debris/dirt. Big fan of the dry lubes on the drivetrain. Runs quiet and frees up the main shaft and input gears.
MDawson is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 02:38 AM
  #1235  
Tech Apprentice
 
Tbone13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 60
Default

Morning Guys,

here is the Video of the last A Final from the GP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edTGD...layer_embedded

my car is the second on the grid.
car was great but with the CPX it push a little to much end of the straight ...
it was a great competition with some of the best Stock racers.

regards Tom
Tbone13 is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 02:47 AM
  #1236  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,819
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Nice run though.
JayBee is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 04:06 AM
  #1237  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 38
Default

hello Tom..

have a little question about the Ride32 tires set up..what do you suggest as setup cause i can get them work as the sorex..i can drive over 3tenths faster with the old sorex 32 compare to the Ride 32..the sorex sidewalls are a little bit rouded compare to Ride and the Ride need some runs before them start to give some results...

thanks.

i've also tried Ivan Laptev Mod setup and found it also nice and fast to drive with 1mm shim on rear end width and 0.5mm on front battery on R2 position gives more steering and also used his Max out A and Max in B dampers setup..

Did someone tried this out and some feedbacks will be welcome..

thanks to all and Happy new year 2012 with Health and some good results..
method699 is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 05:25 AM
  #1238  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Velocitygt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Any of you guys going to be at the TITC (Thailand) in Feburary? Us A700 guys should all work together!
Velocitygt is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 05:41 AM
  #1239  
Tech Apprentice
 
Tbone13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 60
Default

Originally Posted by method699 View Post
hello Tom..

have a little question about the Ride32 tires set up..what do you suggest as setup cause i can get them work as the sorex..i can drive over 3tenths faster with the old sorex 32 compare to the Ride 32..the sorex sidewalls are a little bit rouded compare to Ride and the Ride need some runs before them start to give some results...

..
Hy,
the ride 32 will never be so fast as a Sorex ... the Sorex is by far the fastest (and expensivest) tire on the market. If you are at a Competition where tires are open and guys start running on sorex you have to do the same to be competitiv but alot of races there are tires handout or in a rule so the ride is the best choice cause on handling they are pretty the same, the sorex has more sidebit and do not break in corners.
to make the Ride going well.
- always take of this little rib in the middle of the tire so it will not take 3 or 4 runs to make them work.
- always clean the ride very good after the runs cause often they take some rubber (graining) on the tires.

with these 2 little things the Ride is a great tires with an incredible lifetime...

regards Tom
Tbone13 is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 07:09 AM
  #1240  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,370
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Velocitygt View Post
Any of you guys going to be at the TITC (Thailand) in Feburary? Us A700 guys should all work together!
I'll be there... once this weekends F1 race is out the way, I'm going to start concentrating on modified running again... but it's bloody cold in Shanghai atm, and I'm really not sure how representative running on the outdoor track will be, bar getting used to the feel of a modified again.
Still, I might be extending my stay in Thailand anyway, flying out a few days earlier as I've gained some holiday days, so should be able to nail something down before it gets too mental!!

Ed
TryHard is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 07:32 AM
  #1241  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 38
Default

Thanks Tom

I'll will try those 2 advices..
method699 is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 09:13 AM
  #1242  
OVA
Tech Champion
iTrader: (84)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 9,669
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Nice run though.
Wecome to Awesomatix Jay Bee
wow there are three A700 in our home town track...that's awesome...
OVA is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 09:30 AM
  #1243  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,031
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Wecome to Awesomatix Jay Bee
wow there are three A700 in our home town track...that's awesome...
Great to hear JB. I know you appreciate quality. Its a really nice experience when something lives up to the "hype". You won't be disappointed at all.

Ova, yup... three.... and counting .....

Jake D.
Magnet Top is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 09:44 AM
  #1244  
OVA
Tech Champion
iTrader: (84)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 9,669
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tbone13 View Post
Morning Guys,

here is the Video of the last A Final from the GP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edTGD...layer_embedded

my car is the second on the grid.
car was great but with the CPX it push a little to much end of the straight ...
it was a great competition with some of the best Stock racers.

regards Tom
Hey Tom
Saw the video and that was a close battle....thanks for a head up tip
OVA is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 09:47 AM
  #1245  
OVA
Tech Champion
iTrader: (84)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 9,669
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Magnet Top View Post
Great to hear JB. I know you appreciate quality. Its a really nice experience when something lives up to the "hype". You won't be disappointed at all.

Ova, yup... three.... and counting .....

Jake D.
Since Jay Bee getting one..also called SpareParts for nick names..we don't have to worry about running out of parts...lol
OVA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.