Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 05:00 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danjoy25
Can you guys confirm which is the BSB Number and Account Number from:

IBAN[USD] CY80 0030 0158 0000 0158 3200 8047

My incompetent bank is asking for it and they won't process the transfer as my initial order was via Western Union so not sure what the go is.
I used the pay pal. instead the banking hassles

Last edited by OVA; 12-30-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

ran my car for the first time today using the laptev ats setup.

Initial impressions are incredibly positive, 2/10ths quicker than I had managed with my t'12 earlier in the day

As the car is totally new to me, I'm pretty stuck on what to do to get the car to go a bit quicker, I could however do with a tad more steering.

I'm using ride 25 tyres, i reduced the front toe out to around 1 degree and also reduced the front width back to standard, other than that it was as in the setup, any suggestions??
Old 12-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by John.C
Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback. Please find attached my START and END setup sheets from this past Monday. I had cut the top deck on my 3rd outing right after my first qual.

Starting setup
Attachment 854206

Final setup (much better but still loose in the rear)
Attachment 854209
Have you definitely used SRS/RHS ARR I ?

At this case your suspension stiffness is much higher than recommended (front and rear).

If your actual SRS/RHS ARR is II then rear stiffness is too low.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mb3195
ran my car for the first time today using the laptev ats setup.

Initial impressions are incredibly positive, 2/10ths quicker than I had managed with my t'12 earlier in the day

As the car is totally new to me, I'm pretty stuck on what to do to get the car to go a bit quicker, I could however do with a tad more steering.

I'm using ride 25 tyres, i reduced the front toe out to around 1 degree and also reduced the front width back to standard, other than that it was as in the setup, any suggestions??
Try to move closer to Tom Maquel's setups - add 0.5mm shims under rear lower balls and remove these shims from front.

Sometimes 2.5 deg rear toe is better also.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Finished my build yesterday, this kit has amazing parts fit/quality.

Get my first run with it tomorrow! I'll be trying to get a similar feel to my 417.

Thanks Oleg for such a great kit, I can't wait to see how it compares to my current fast lap/6 Minute run !
Old 12-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Steve,

Concerning upper arms length for any setup - I need more time to calculate it.
But all estimates are always approximate.
The final adjustment - only at the setup station.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Okay no worries, I'll have to borrow a friends for the time being, until I can pick one up.

thanks for getting back to me
Old 12-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
Have you definitely used SRS/RHS ARR I ?

At this case your suspension stiffness is much higher than recommended (front and rear).

If your actual SRS/RHS ARR is II then rear stiffness is too low.
I'm at SRS/RHS I and I think this may be part of my problem. As you've already mentioned I noticed that my current spring/dampening setting are higher than what's been posted. I'll make this change at my next outing. What would you recommend for 17.5 blinky?

BTW are folks running as much as 2* toe out in the front? If it'll help prevent traction roll I'm willing to try it out. Thanks Tbone, Oleg, and everyone!!!
Old 12-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well, my car is complete, and I have to say, it's been a top notch and quality build. All the fit and finish is excellent, and any concerns I've had about some of the smaller parts (driveshaft clips etc) have been completely removed. Even the plastic quality is great, the ball cups being way easier to thread than some 3Racing ones I've recently had to do.

I've spent the last few evenings exploring/fiddling with how to adjust the settings, as well as working out a methodology of what to adjust first.. the two top links are new to me, but at the moment I'm going with setting camber first, then setting castor. Then setting toe-in when the other settings are sorted. Shocks wise, A first, then B.. And I've also managed to get my head round quickly assesing if a shock setting is soft or hard from the numbers...

At the moment, I've built the car up with Ivan's ATS settings, mainly as the track I'm currently running my 417 ATS setting is working quite well, although I might need to change the spring and damping rate a little. Won't be able to get it ontrack for at least a week though, as I'm still waiting on some electrics to arrive.

Can't wait to try it, and start working through a load of options!

Cheers
Ed
Old 12-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Well, my car is complete, and I have to say, it's been a top notch and quality build. All the fit and finish is excellent, and any concerns I've had about some of the smaller parts (driveshaft clips etc) have been completely removed. Even the plastic quality is great, the ball cups being way easier to thread than some 3Racing ones I've recently had to do.

I've spent the last few evenings exploring/fiddling with how to adjust the settings, as well as working out a methodology of what to adjust first.. the two top links are new to me, but at the moment I'm going with setting camber first, then setting castor. Then setting toe-in when the other settings are sorted. Shocks wise, A first, then B.. And I've also managed to get my head round quickly assesing if a shock setting is soft or hard from the numbers...

At the moment, I've built the car up with Ivan's ATS settings, mainly as the track I'm currently running my 417 ATS setting is working quite well, although I might need to change the spring and damping rate a little. Won't be able to get it ontrack for at least a week though, as I'm still waiting on some electrics to arrive.

Can't wait to try it, and start working through a load of options!

Cheers
Ed
Well done! Hopefully it was worth the wait. Curious to hear your thoughts as you came from an excellent TC already. It will feel like you went from a 7 series BMW to a M6!

Time to start a new section of your website!
Old 12-31-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MDawson
Time to start a new section of your website!
already done
Old 12-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Happy New Year to all my A700 mates !
I'm wishing you all Awesome cornerspeed and all the active caster you can handle !!!

Jake D.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Happy New Year to all the members of this forum. Looking forward to big strides from the Awesomatrix camp. Thanks to Oleg and team for delivering a top tier product. Cheers!
Old 01-01-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Well, I had my first outing with the A700 yesterday, and all I can say is WOW!

I started off with Tom Maquel's high traction carpet setup, except I ran the dampers with the symmetrical setting, 1.3mm sway bar on the front and 1.2mm in the rear, the battery in the R1 position, and 800cst in the gear diff. Within the first battery pack in practice, I was within 2 tenths of my fast lap on this layout that I had set with my 417. Near the end of practice, I was feeling more comfortable with the car, but made a big mistake and broke a ball cup (P01). I also made an error in a fairly high speed chicane and the car tumbled end over end, and was still fine (some setting had been tweaked, but nothing broke).

In my first qualifier, the car felt really good. I managed to beat both my personal records (best 6 min race and fast lap), and managed to get TQ by a second which at our local track isn't easy. Racing against top drivers like Martin Crisp (team Serpent), and Andrew Hardman (many sponsors, although he wasn't there this week). In the final, Martin managed to get in front of me on the 3rd corner and hold me off, but I'm really impressed that I was able to stay as close as I did to him.

Here's a video of the main (my car is orange/blue/white)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZeNbNmBgkc

With the same Tekin RS settings, motor timing, and gearing as I ran in my 417 (coming off at 170-180*F), the motor was coming off closer to 140-150 thanks to the super efficient drive-train. It was also quieter then I expected based on prior experiences with shaft drive cars.

For minimum weight we run 1380 grams, and the car out of the box with my electronics (picture below)and the body, it weighed 1325. It was nice to be able to add all the weight to the center line of the car under the shaft.

All in all, a very promising first outing with the car. Next week I plan on trying some thicker oil in the gear diff (1000cst), running with less rear toe (2.5*), and some different shock settings (although I was very happy with the setup today, I just want to get a better idea on how to use these dampers over the conventional TC dampers). Can't wait to get back on the track with this car!
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-my-car.jpg  

Last edited by speedyfowler; 01-01-2012 at 01:28 PM. Reason: forgot to mention different battery position
Old 01-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Great Thanks to all current owners of A700!
It is with you we can evolve now.
Happy New Year!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.