Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Like Tree96Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Old 10-02-2014, 01:05 AM
  #7201  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
G-rem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 780
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hi there,

new parts available:

- AT04-2: 5mm drive shaft (do not need the ball bearing support anymore)

- SD2: new spur damper. It adds the torsional flex between the spur axle and the rear diff and so gives the "belt drive" properties into A700 shaft transmission.

=> question about it: how do you fix the rear bevel gear (G03) because it seems on the CAD drawing there is no hole to put a screw in it...

Regards;
G-rem
G-rem is offline  
Old 10-02-2014, 02:38 AM
  #7202  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 935
Default

Originally Posted by G-rem View Post
....
=> question about it: how do you fix the rear bevel gear (G03) because it seems on the CAD drawing there is no hole to put a screw in it...
Regards;
G-rem
SPR06 wire spring is used for this.
Due to the increased diameter of the pins on SD2 the wire spring holds SD2 much stronger than the front SPR06 holds the main shaft.

One more picture was added: http://shop.awesomatix.com/published...embled_enl.JPG
Oleg Babich is offline  
Old 10-02-2014, 02:45 AM
  #7203  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
josecarlo1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas/ Bahrain
Posts: 437
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich View Post
SPR06 wire spring is used for this.
Due to the increased diameter of the pins on SD2 the wire spring holds SD2 much stronger than the front SPR06 holds the main shaft.

One more picture was added: http://shop.awesomatix.com/published...embled_enl.JPG
Oleg, can we still use the SD-1 system to this upcoming SD-2? I cannot see the protruding element on the new AT20-5 to hold the grommets to dampen the Spur.

TIA.

JC
josecarlo1129 is offline  
Old 10-02-2014, 03:00 AM
  #7204  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 935
Default

Originally Posted by josecarlo1129 View Post
Oleg, can we still use the SD-1 system to this upcoming SD-2? I cannot see the protruding element on the new AT20-5 to hold the grommets to dampen the Spur.
TIA.
JC
This SD2 variant replaces SD1 system so it can't be used with any current SD1 part except AM12M spur nut.

Optional AT20-6 part that will have the pins for our 5mm rubber collars will be released a bit later.

So the variant of SD2 with AT20-6 installed will have both "dampings": damping of the spur plus the damping of the rear diff.
Oleg Babich is offline  
Old 10-02-2014, 03:12 AM
  #7205  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
josecarlo1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas/ Bahrain
Posts: 437
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Cheers, Oleg. I really like the feel of the SD-2 system as I am racing on asphalt. I will surely wait for that.

Best regards,
JC
josecarlo1129 is offline  
Old 10-02-2014, 05:56 AM
  #7206  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Stogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Biggie Shorty style
Posts: 716
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Ditto for me... already looking forward to trying this out next Summer on big outdoor track Mod racing. Looks like a great design!
Stogie is offline  
Old 10-02-2014, 06:55 AM
  #7207  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,740
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bgilli26 View Post
Thanks guys I'll try am-33 first, then try top deck, one last question do you all suggest 90c 6000 mah, or 90c 7600 mah pack for more equal weight balance ?
I like 7600s for stock and 6000s for mod. My car is balanced at the us weight of 1380 with 7600s.
geeunit1014 is offline  
Old 10-02-2014, 09:36 PM
  #7208  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (117)
 
wstuart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,063
Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich View Post
This SD2 variant replaces SD1 system so it can't be used with any current SD1 part except AM12M spur nut.

Optional AT20-6 part that will have the pins for our 5mm rubber collars will be released a bit later.

So the variant of SD2 with AT20-6 installed will have both "dampings": damping of the spur plus the damping of the rear diff.
Would this at all be beneficial for stock on a high bite track. I would imagine in stock you would want as much power as possible getting to the ground. Unless maybe you're on a low grip track.

Last edited by wstuart; 10-02-2014 at 10:27 PM.
wstuart is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 08:20 AM
  #7209  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 9,613
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wstuart View Post
Would this at all be beneficial for stock on a high bite track. I would imagine in stock you would want as much power as possible getting to the ground. Unless maybe you're on a low grip track.
SD1 wasn't impactful for stock racing. I'll know more about SD1 tomorrow.

I do really like that AT12M though --- as you'll never have a spur gear come loose with it.
hanulec is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 12:44 PM
  #7210  
Tech Master
iTrader: (62)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,128
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default

Will there be parts for sale at IIC?
Losi22 is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 12:57 PM
  #7211  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 9,613
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Losi22 View Post
Will there be parts for sale at IIC?
yup!
Just started working out the details w/ Ampdraw...
hanulec is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 01:05 PM
  #7212  
Tech Master
iTrader: (62)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,128
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
yup!
Just started working out the details w/ Ampdraw...
Perfect.

Do you think it would be worth doing the a700 to a700l kit. I already have the l chassis, floating servo mount and titanium turn buckles? I run 17.5 and 13.5 blinky with the car.

Thank you
Losi22 is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 01:19 PM
  #7213  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 9,613
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Losi22 View Post
Perfect.

Do you think it would be worth doing the a700 to a700l kit. I already have the l chassis, floating servo mount and titanium turn buckles? I run 17.5 and 13.5 blinky with the car.

Thank you
might not be the worst upgrade... but i'd probably skip past the L right to an Evo. An FFG + am01-1 will get you most of the way. Dampeners might be another good update.

i've seen some VERY fast a700 cars --- like the one piloted by the "God Father" at the Halloween Classic a few years ago.
hanulec is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 02:01 PM
  #7214  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (39)
 
E-clip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 602
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

While on the subject of dampers is there any maintenance required with the Dampers ?
I seen a bit of oil leaking on one of my ???

And what is the difference with DR3 or DR6 ? which would be better for low traction asphalt ?
E-clip is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 02:24 PM
  #7215  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: GP
Posts: 371
Default

Originally Posted by E-clip View Post
While on the subject of dampers is there any maintenance required with the Dampers ?
I seen a bit of oil leaking on one of my ???

And what is the difference with DR3 or DR6 ? which would be better for low traction asphalt ?
Dampers are zero maintenance, you cannot service them as they are sealed. The oil you see is from the bearing inside. As far as the D3 and D6 I have onlyused the D6 dampers, our track runs from low to medium traction.
HawaiiBob is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.