Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Like Tree96Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Old 10-25-2013, 10:00 AM
  #4591  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,091
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Yes but when the car is moving, these small twisting forces won't matter much... Evidently, the laptimes will have the final say, but when will it be tested ??? Were there any comparison to the old top deck design ???
Originally Posted by FreddySudhoff View Post
These parts are improving the car "MAXIMUM" ... :-P

Without topdeck and old system, there is still the problem of the different chassis flex due to the shaft/ torque (like TC3)
With the "floating front gearbox" you will have the chassis always "flat" during accelarate or brake.

When you put the car on your car stand and give full throttle, with the new parts you see how much the gearbox moves.
bertrandsv87 is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 10:13 AM
  #4592  
Tech Adept
 
blackshark3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 165
Default

Originally Posted by G-rem View Post
Of course not great news to me, I still have a EX in the box

Hope there is a conversion kit that doesn't cost an arm and a leg
blackshark3 is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 10:19 AM
  #4593  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 934
Default

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Yes but when the car is moving, these small twisting forces won't matter much... Evidently, the laptimes will have the final say, but when will it be tested ??? Were there any comparison to the old top deck design ???

These "small twisting forces" are not so small in fact.
Mod motors twist the A700L chassis front end up to 2 deg at the hardest brake or acceleration. This is equivalent to more than 5 mm "tweak" between left and right wheels.
Oleg Babich is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 10:46 AM
  #4594  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 72
Default

We have been testing these parts for around 4-5month now and can truly say that they are a big step forward! Specially on asphalt we made a hughe improvement. Our results during the summer showed that. Overall the car feels completely different with the new parts. It drives more smooth, has more cornerspeed and less tire wear.

A conversion kit is planned!
FreddySudhoff is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 10:50 AM
  #4595  
OVA
Tech Champion
iTrader: (84)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 9,667
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FreddySudhoff View Post
We have been testing these parts for around 4-5month now and can truly say that they are a big step forward! Specially on asphalt we made a hughe improvement. Our results during the summer showed that. Overall the car feels completely different with the new parts. It drives more smooth, has more cornerspeed and less tire wear.

A conversion kit is planned!
Can't wait..
Okay Hanulec..put me on Preorder list..
OVA is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 10:50 AM
  #4596  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich View Post
These "small twisting forces" are not so small in fact.
Mod motors twist the A700L chassis front end up to 2 deg at the hardest brake or acceleration. This is equivalent to more than 5 mm "tweak" between left and right wheels.
Why not just make it belt drive or a belt drive version?
Instead of going around a problem that is there like this way.
FXFX is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 11:18 AM
  #4597  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,091
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Understood... Hope to see one of these new top decks in action soon.... Thanks....
Originally Posted by Oleg Babich View Post
These "small twisting forces" are not so small in fact.
Mod motors twist the A700L chassis front end up to 2 deg at the hardest brake or acceleration. This is equivalent to more than 5 mm "tweak" between left and right wheels.
bertrandsv87 is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 11:23 AM
  #4598  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 934
Default

Originally Posted by FXFX View Post
Why not just make it belt drive or a belt drive version?
Instead of going around a problem that is there like this way.
Because I believe that shaft will beat belt (not only in stock but in mod also).
Our goal is the absolute winner on the track and the shaft suits to this better.
Oleg Babich is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 11:33 AM
  #4599  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,819
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

...

Last edited by JayBee; 10-25-2013 at 02:56 PM.
JayBee is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 11:35 AM
  #4600  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 36
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi Oleg/Freddy
Are we looking at a thinner bottom chassis plate also or will the new design eliminate the need for increased chassis flex. I sounds like this is not a desirable aspect to have?
Can't wait to get this on the car!
Cheers Simon
Simon Noton is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 11:51 AM
  #4601  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Design, engineer and win races with your own car and let us know how that goes....
I'm not criticising. What Oleg has done is remarkable, specially compared to what is big manufacturers, who are still at a level well below.

But I just wanted to get the designers opinion. Because I think it is a valid question. Oleg has just described well the issues with shaft drive. And by going belt drive you obviously get rid of those particular issues at once. The other way is to try and design around those issues like Oleg is now doing.

And of course belt drive have other issues but at the same time all other manufacturers have chosen this compromise, and it is a fact you get some benefits from that configuration. I'm not saying belt is better, I'm not saying shaft is worse. I'm just interested.

What is better and what compromises are preferred is imo open for debate and I'm happy to have got Oleg's opinion.
FXFX is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 11:56 AM
  #4602  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,567
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

It vaguely reminds me of the Power Plant Frame (PPF) on the original Mazda Miata, that connected the back of the transmission to the front of the rear diff.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 12:05 PM
  #4603  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 934
Default

Originally Posted by Simon Noton View Post
Hi Oleg/Freddy
Are we looking at a thinner bottom chassis plate also or will the new design eliminate the need for increased chassis flex. I sounds like this is not a desirable aspect to have?
Can't wait to get this on the car!
Cheers Simon
Now with FFG we don't have the limits to make the lower deck softer and softer in case of traction conditions will need it.
Without carbon top deck but with FFG our current L-chassis has optimal flex to suit low/medium traction conditions very well both for asphalt and carpet. We recommend to add carbon top deck installed over FFG for high traction conditions only.

Last edited by Oleg Babich; 10-25-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Oleg Babich is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 01:27 PM
  #4604  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,634
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

What an amazing addition this will be. Looking forward to taking an already fast, stable car and improving it more.

Bravo Oleg on forward thinking.

Regards,

Kody
Kody is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 02:01 PM
  #4605  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 439
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Oleg,

Can we get a demonstration of this new product in a video while we wait for it to hit the stores? I understand what it does just want to see it in action.

Patrick
XCELL is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.