Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dragobrat
I ran the a700ex for the 1st time on saturday and it seemed that the ride height wasnt staying consistent, I was continually chasing it....
According to my experience the most probable reason of the A700 ride height inconsistency is the excessive friction in some suspension ball joints.

Please check the free movement of the suspension ( with all steering links connected) at ST05 disconnected from P04.
Pay more attention on the front and rear steering links.
The ball ends of these links can be tight after toe adjustments.
You have to center AT14 turnbuckles position in the steering links more precisely to avoid the balls jamming.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Mike Gee put together a race report from this past Saturday. You can read it at -

http://www.awesomatixusa.com/2013/06...-region-2.html
Old 06-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Looking at this car for my next TC, but having an issue deciding which chassis to get. I've read back through a few pages and have a small idea what each is about, but still don't see the whole picture. Can someone explain in a little more detail from what the website says about each version of the car and what it has that the others don't?
Old 06-24-2013, 08:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Autocratic
Looking at this car for my next TC, but having an issue deciding which chassis to get. I've read back through a few pages and have a small idea what each is about, but still don't see the whole picture. Can someone explain in a little more detail from what the website says about each version of the car and what it has that the others don't?
hi - im not sure which site you've read. i have a description online at-

http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/kits.html
http://racerlog.com/wiki/Awesomatix_A700#Current_Models

EXL - wider chassis

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/awes.../bigpics/2.jpg

L - has narrower chassis

(customized black anodized version by blackedoutrevo) http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/q...REVO/A700L.jpg

my cars are never "pretty" -- but always functional. i have some other pics online at http://instagram.com/sidepieceracing (they look better on their mobile app...)
Old 06-24-2013, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I've been bouncing between this thread and the USA website.

I'm basically looking at either the L or EXL, but can't really decide which one. Also, not really sure which chassis would be better for stock carpet, but could also still be fast on asphalt.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Basically, if your running stock, get an L chassis. If you're running mod, get an EXL.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I struggled to make my choice between the 2x chassis's, in the end choose the EXL because of its versatility, I was told the the L has slightly more overall lower deck flex but that the EXL has better rear flex of the lower deck - I seem to normally generally struggle for rear end grip so more rear flex seemed to make sense.
And its only $100 for the L chassis by itself if I ever need it.

Some many positives from choosing awesomatix so far, innovative low center of gravity design, robust build, independent adj of damping and spring rates within minutes, very free drivetrain, a gear diff that has proper bearings and doesn't leak unlike my 417v5,easy access to spur and pinion un
ike my 417v5(haha) and great/ timely support here on rctech by the experts.

Originally Posted by Autocratic
I've been bouncing between this thread and the USA website.

I'm basically looking at either the L or EXL, but can't really decide which one. Also, not really sure which chassis would be better for stock carpet, but could also still be fast on asphalt.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I still believe the EXL is the better overall platform for the average racer. The rear bite increase might now be offset by the t-shape cut top deck bringing both platforms to a more equal plane in low bite.

Maybe next time I see Gee I'll ask him to perform the Pepsi challenge and drive two cars to see if he can tell the difference.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I still need to try the T shape cut top deck. But I have been running modified with the L chassis on medium grip asphalt and my car has been amazing. It's not nervous or loose at all. But I do have a different driving style from most people.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hanulec
I still believe the EXL is the better overall platform for the average racer. The rear bite increase might now be offset by the t-shape cut top deck bringing both platforms to a more equal plane in low bite.

Maybe next time I see Gee I'll ask him to perform the Pepsi challenge and drive two cars to see if he can tell the difference.
We have 2 drivers with A700 L's here is Hawaii We have a bumpy and medium track with a banked tri-oval. With the new cut out upper decks the cars are awesome and are 6/10 faster a lap then the BD7 they drive just a few weeks ago
Old 06-25-2013, 11:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Congratulations for Richard King!
Richard was on the podium at the Schumacher GP held at the famous West London rc track this weekend in the 13.5 boosted class.

According to Richard's report the car was very good again with the same set up as his previous just lowered 1 mm all round and droop adjusted to suit.
Richard mainly was concentrating on tyre prep as he was so pleased how the car was driving.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello, i have a question for awesomatix users, which diff silicone do you use ?
Thanks
Old 06-27-2013, 12:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Lightbulb

Hi everyone,
I use an A700 EXL from March 2013 and in these days I have had problems with P06 at the rear that were pulled off th chassis.
I have tried to glue new ones, but the results were not good.
I have had to try some alternative solutions hoping that the C04 hold.
At the end of the day I have tought that maybe AWE has the solution.

Waht if the future chassis would be fit for the place of ST27 only on the top part of the chassis?

It would be a lot easier to glue them and we would not have the problem of the P04 that gets detached when you screw the grub.

Of course the ideal solution would be to avoid gluing somthing that can detach during the course of time, for instance we could have a system similar to ST27 and 28 with a hole in the middle for the grub screw as I have noticed that maybe using low downstop, with the grub screw coming out the level of the chassis, if you lean it on the model holder or other surfaces, the
grub screw tends to push up all the P06 and it gets detached in the end.

Oleg already wrote that he would modify the P06, but does anybody know
if this is going to happen soon?
Old 06-27-2013, 03:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by osorron
Hello, i have a question for awesomatix users, which diff silicone do you use ?
Thanks
Here in the east coast we've been running the inexpensive associated diff fluid. the only important thing is to stay with the same brand, and try some options above and below what folks are listing on their sheets.

In a past life i used fo run XRay silicone, but i wanted to not incur that expense again. The GD1 is pretty leak proof though, so using expensive options will probably not be wasted like in other manufacture diffs.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys i used to run the original A700 and i came across a bunch of brand new spares ...great deal if you guys are interested.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...s-fun-bag.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.