Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

ok thanks guys ...im new to this car so just making sure .
Old 03-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
ok thanks guys ...im new to this car so just making sure .
Np. The area to watch is the shaft area just above the steering rack and below the steering tierod.

Tolerances are pretty tight in these areas.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The thing about this car is the parts are very reasonably priced. Compared to other manufactures in the Rc industry.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by frank b
The thing about this car is the parts are very reasonably priced. Compared to other manufactures in the Rc industry.
Ya i check that out already .....also what i like about this car is im pretty sure there wont be a new model every year
Old 03-31-2012, 12:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ya i check that out already .....also what i like about this car is im pretty sure there wont be a new model every year
I feel the same about not seeing a new car anytime soon... I think now Oleg is fine tunning any parts that needed to be looked at and improving on them... Ever time I get on the track with the car it just gets better and better... I would recommend that you get extras right away because I was stuck at a race without some and lucky there was another awesomatix owner there to help me out with parts... I'm glad now that I have enough part to be ok for any situation....

Good luck with the car
Old 03-31-2012, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by frank b
I feel the same about not seeing a new car anytime soon... I think now Oleg is fine tunning any parts that needed to be looked at and improving on them... Ever time I get on the track with the car it just gets better and better... I would recommend that you get extras right away because I was stuck at a race without some and lucky there was another awesomatix owner there to help me out with parts... I'm glad now that I have enough part to be ok for any situation....

Good luck with the car
what parts do u recomend i get
Old 04-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Raced the car for the first time today ....love it in the sweepers ...wow.....but anyways just wondering if any of you guys have a problem with the shock rods popping outta the arm hasp.....i lost a shock rod today and when i check the screws of the hasp they were tight.....beautiful car i love it ......but seems to be a little delicate .
Old 04-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

what parts do u recomend i get
P01, P02, P04, P09

ST17, ST16, Pin01

AT21 ( debatable )

Many of the above suggestions are included in the "first aide kit" but if you can afford it I would get more than what is included in the first aide kit. Many of the plastic bits are not expensive at all. I believe C04 is part of the first aide kit too, however I have yet to use my spare.

Also, UB1 ( the optional ball bearings ( that replace the bushings ) that ride in the outdrives ), very "cool" upgrade , although I almost went blind installing them !

Consider titanium turnbuckles if your track has hard barriers.

The car is quite amazing already , doesn't require much maintenance and is a work of art. I have faith Oleg is making refinements as stated above.
p.s. I have never had a shock rod pop out of its perch.

Jake D.

Last edited by Magnet Top; 04-01-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Raced the car for the first time today ....love it in the sweepers ...wow.....but anyways just wondering if any of you guys have a problem with the shock rods popping outta the arm hasp.....i lost a shock rod today and when i check the screws of the hasp they were tight.....beautiful car i love it ......but seems to be a little delicate .
Not had any issue with the shock rods, but you do have to make sure that they are fully "clicked" in place.
I honestly wouldn't call the car delicate, it can take more of a beating than other's out there, IMO.

Regards
Ed
Old 04-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
P01, P02, P04, P09

ST17, ST16, Pin01

AT21

Many of the above suggestions are included in the "first aide kit" but if you can afford it I would get more than what is included in the first aide kit. Many of the plastic bits are not expensive at all. I believe C04 is part of the first aide kit too, however I have yet to use my spare.

Also, UB1 ( the optional ball bearings ( that replace the bushings ) that ride in the outdrives ), very "cool" upgrade , although I almost went blind installing them !

Consider titanium turnbuckles if your track has hard barriers.

The car is quite amazing already , doesn't require much maintenance and is a work of art. I have faith Oleg is making refinements as stated above.
p.s. I have never had a shock rod pop out of its perch.

Jake D.
Thanks for the tips on the parts......thats funny because i ran the car all day yesterday during practice and no issue with the shock rods then today it pops out ?...i guess i will keep an eye on them.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the tips on the parts......thats funny because i ran the car all day yesterday during practice and no issue with the shock rods then today it pops out ?...i guess i will keep an eye on them.
I forgot to mention the new optional delrin covers that go over ST17 ! IMHO a must have.

It is part number P20
Old 04-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Spent a bit of time yesterday at the outdoor track, for the first time in a while racing on low grip. Used the settings I had from the (high) grip indoor track, car was a lot better than I expected

Anyway, ran through a few changes during the day to see how the car reacted in the different conditions, and ended up on the settings attached.

Main changes were to put the gearbox flex screws back in (car just had better response, and held the corner better), go back to Steen's shock settings, thicker rear diff oil, and less camber link shims
Interestingly, out of those the rear spring change had much less effect than I expected, just gaining a bit on exit. The rear diff oil change also worked well, with the heavier oil making the car much more stable into the turns.
The camber shims change gave a good change, with more initial reaction, and not really losing too much in the middle/exit. I originally started out by going to 1mm all round, and then backed it off to a middle 2mm. Certainly something useful to keep in the pocket, as with the car rolling not as much as other chassis, the camber change behaves a little differently. Something worth playing with for sure.

Car was good over the bumps and kerbs too, and had a good balance that made it nice and easy to drive... and stunningly good in hard braking...

Anyway, setup attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
EC - TRSPractise - 014012.pdf (238.8 KB, 357 views)
Old 04-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Champion

Oh, and congrats to both Steen and Freddy for making the A-main at the LRP TCM... good job
Old 04-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Be sure they register with a full click when you pop them into the hasp. Installed complete - they do not pop off without some thoughtful user activity

Originally Posted by TryHard
Not had any issue with the shock rods, but you do have to make sure that they are fully "clicked" in place.
I honestly wouldn't call the car delicate, it can take more of a beating than other's out there, IMO.

Regards
Ed
Yeah, what Ed said.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Ok i see "delicate" might have been the wrong choice of words but coming from an xray t3 2012 to this car ...i must say that the xray t3 is a much stronger car ....now im sure you guys might disagree but in my own testing since i have both cars to do so ....in the durability department nothing beats an xray. Anyways i still love this car and will continue to race with it and grow with it .....but im definately keeping my T3 just in case.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.