R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-17-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Questions?? CHARGER - Hyperion EOS0610i NET vs Bantam BC6-10

I am thinking of buying either a Hyperion EOS0610i NET or a Bantam BC6-10

Hyperion EOS0610i
, can Firmware upgrade via PC, 300mah Drain balance current. but heard people said the User interface are not friendly

Bantam BC6-10, very good user interface, can plot charging-graph on to your PC while charging (via a data cable). but 200mah Drain balance current.

EOS0610i is $35 USD dear then the BC6-10

Which one i should choose?
Any Hyperion or Bantam user can share some light for me?

http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/eos/

http://www.bantamtek.com/main_frame.htm
chappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:02 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

Default charger

We sold both. The Hyperion 610i Net has been discontinued by Hyperion, but they are still available. The BC6-10 is much easier to use, no doubt.

The bleed rate of 200 is not much of a concern, the packs will charge up and balance perfectly. The latest revision of the firmware (1.7) still has some issues acording to a thread on another forum. Since the Hyperion is discontinued, I would not expect any futher updates.

The only real advantage IMHO of the Hyperion is the additional 50 watts when you are charging A123 packs.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:09 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I just got into the hobby after taking years off. When I first got my 606I and read the instructions I thought damm thats confusing.

But I have to say, once you use it a couple times, it's actually very simple to use.
TwoTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Accessory View Post
We sold both. The Hyperion 610i Net has been discontinued by Hyperion, but they are still available. The BC6-10 is much easier to use, no doubt.

The bleed rate of 200 is not much of a concern, the packs will charge up and balance perfectly. The latest revision of the firmware (1.7) still has some issues acording to a thread on another forum. Since the Hyperion is discontinued, I would not expect any futher updates.

The only real advantage IMHO of the Hyperion is the additional 50 watts when you are charging A123 packs.
Thanks.

I know both the EOS610i NET and the BC6-10 has charge current up to 10Amps, doesn' that means they can charge up a A123 pack about the same time?
sorry this maybe a silly question, how much actually does the additional 50 watt from the EOS610i NET give in a real case situation? eg. charging a Lipo 2S 7.4V 6500Mah pack and a A123 2S1P 2300Mah pack.
chappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:10 AM   #5
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I currently have a Bantam BC6, and I love it. I've used the hyperion a few times before and didnt like it as much. The menus werent as intuitive, but reading the manual would help (yea... that thing they inclue that we never read ).

Another cool thing about the Bantam is the lipo storage function. It charges or discharges the lipo to an optimum storage voltage. I'm not sure if the hyperion has that... don't remember off the top of my head.

Overall I think you would be happy with either one. I will say the bantam charger does look cooler though