R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-07-2008, 08:36 PM   #61
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyone run this body yet? If so what your opinion?
Joe Maxey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:59 AM   #62
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Hey guys!

Got an LTC-R painted up quickly for this weekend for a little bit of racing action...

Our race program doesn't allow for tons of time to test...so I did a simple back-to-back run with the mazdaspeed 6 and the LTC-R for "feel"

Ran the baseline run with the mazda... then swapped the body approximately half way into the run.

Initial impression was that the LTC-R has a little less very initial turn in... IE smoother off center...but I felt like the front end of the car was "more connected," IE had more steering up to and through the middle of the corner than the mazdaspeed.

Also, the body as a whole felt a tick more stable overall than the mazdaspeed did.

Unfortunately the transponder system was not up and running when I did my testing in the morning... but I did continue to run the body throughout the rest of the day and the race program
Old 12-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #63
Tech Fanatic

I did some back to back testing with the LTC, R9-R and Speed6 this past sunday.

I was a tenth quicker with the LTC compared to the Speed 6, but over 5 mins I was a second quicker with the Speed 6 because it was easier to drive and as such I made less mistakes. The LTC has more steering than the Speed6 which is why it is a little harder to drive. I had a different experience than Steve Weise, in that I found the LTC had more initial steering than the Speed6 in addition to mid and corner exit

The R9-R had more steering than the LTC, which meant it was harder to drive then both the Speed6 and the LTC. I did the same lap times with the R9-R that I did with the Speed6, but was about 4 seconds slower over 5 mins. I think the R9-R will be an awesome asphalt car. I think the LTC will be great at either Asphalt or carpet.

You can of course take a little bit of steering out of your car using the chassis to make the LTC and the R9-R easier to drive, but for testing purposes I left the setup the same for all three bodies initially. After my initial tests which included my notes above, I did do some quick tests by taking some steering out using the chassis, and got the LTC and the R9-R to feel similar to the Speed6 with my base setup. So in the end, all three bodies can work very well. These tests were done at Fastcats with a moderate grip level, similar to the Vegas race this year.
Martin Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #64
Tech Addict

Steve & Martin:

Thanks for posting your testing information. Very informative and thus it's really helpfull (to me).

Dale - Protoform

BTW: for those you are wondering which R9-R Martin Crisp was testing - it was the body with the shorter front splitter.

Last edited by daleepp; 12-08-2008 at 12:35 PM. Reason: typo - doh!
daleepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:20 PM   #65
Tech Apprentice

Default re

I was also fortunate enough to test the new R9-R(revised version) and the beautiful LTC-R this past weekend. I was able to run the mazda, LTC-R and the R9-R back to back and came to the same conclusion as steve did. All three were tested with the same car/setup, track condition(low grip), tire prep and so on. All were run for 3 mins, thanks to fastcats "Fastlaps" system, I was able to check all laptimes along with an average for the run.

First up was the LTC-R, I found it to be quite stable all-round, in fact it was quite similar to the DNA-2 but without the edgyness. Despite the confidence and slightly better average it was not able to produce the quickest laptime. That honour went to the mazda which was 1/10 tenth quicker than the LTC-R making it the fastest out of the three. *I'll just skip the mazda since everyone knows how it works *

As for the R9-R, it was 1/10 tenth off the single fastest lap of the LTC-R and slightly under 2/10tenths off the mazda. It was definately an improvement over the original version, less edgy and a tad more driveable, the only problem being it was hard to be AS consistent. Keep in mind if your car tends to understeer this body might be a better choice! In fact a friend of mine who tried it absolutely loved it.
Like martin stated, this will be a GREAT asphalt body....too bad we have to wait for the snow to melt

TAMIYA- www.tamiya.ca
LRP- www.lrp-electronic.de
Reedy batteries
Protoform- www.pro-lineracing.com
Parma- www.parmapse.com
APS racing- www.aps-racing.net
www.muchhobby.com
TRFwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:21 PM   #66
Tech Fanatic

Default RC CAR ProtoForm R9(Rubber) Body Video

RC CAR ProtoForm R9(Rubber) Body Video

http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=xtLz_6wYwd8

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:50 PM   #67
Tech Regular

lol he crashed!

HB Cyclone Moore Speed WCE Edition - HB/BMI Cyclone(foam)
Team Magic G4RS pwered by EB mods and O.S. engines
Little_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:57 PM   #68
Tech Addict

gansei;

All I can say is

Dale - Protoform
Old 12-12-2008, 04:35 PM   #69
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Is the LW version available yet?

TLR, Fantom, Horizon, Spektrum, Trackside
Brian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:45 PM   #70
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansei View Post

Bwahh hahh haah LOL At one point it was snowing
Old 12-12-2008, 04:47 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Roberto Falcon

looks like a stratus with the mazda speed 6 roof and the mazda 6/dna rear . hmm.. I feel like that body gives heavy downforce in the middle of the car. ... ehhh im not to impressed...
Old 12-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to K_Spec_RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gansei View Post

I dont know about you guys... but after watching that, I feel like drifting through the mountains in my HACHI ROKU! San, Ni, Ichi, GO!!! (for those who dont get it, search for Initial D)
Old 12-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #73
Tech Addict

Brian L;
The LW version if the LTC-R has been available since it's initial release Nov 15th
http://www.pro-lineracing.com/p-619-ltc-r.aspx

Roberto Falcon:
Quote:
I feel like that body gives heavy downforce in the middle of the car. ...
Must say, it's the first time I've ever heard that said....about any racebody. You have actually tried one? On what racing surface Roberto, carpet or paved?

Dale - Protoform
Old 12-13-2008, 08:08 PM   #74
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Dale, we are trying to find it at the distributors and/or on-line and not having much luck.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:12 PM   #75
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleepp View Post
Brian L;
The LW version if the LTC-R has been available since it's initial release Nov 15th
http://www.pro-lineracing.com/p-619-ltc-r.aspx

Dale - Protoform
Same here, I placed 10 on order on the 19th of November with my distributor, initial deliver from the distributor was 12/5, then 12/10 and now 12/24.