R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2009, 09:00 AM   #721
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 649
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Robinson racing also makes small spurs (down to 73 now) and pinions into the 60's. Just another option if Robinson stuff is easier to get.
Fred_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:44 AM   #722
Tech Elite
 
ben73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,756
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

for those that like the idea of using the corally style connectors like myself there are a couple of other options.

I just took a single saddle pack out of my B44 offroad car which runs trakpower and it fits perfectly in the R5

check out the picture. its only 3200mah but would work fine for stock

I also saw on the web that intellect have a 4200mah saddle pack with corally style connectors - see pic.

both are actually smaller than the smc pack - they are 69/46/22 and fit in to the 12th just fine.

so now you can purchse 1 saddle pack and get two 12th scale batteries!
Attached Thumbnails
SMC 4000/25C/3.7V single cell Hardcase pack.-image077.jpg   SMC 4000/25C/3.7V single cell Hardcase pack.-93d6_35.jpg  
ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #723
Tech Master
 
CCH1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southaven, MS
Posts: 1,008
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

iI just ordered the 1 cell lipo...got a race on Sunday I will post results soon after!!!
__________________
MINI REVO Mamba Max Pro NEU POWERED
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL THE MORALE IMPROVES
BEAST MODE (ON) OFF
CCH1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:08 AM   #724
Tech Initiate
 
TVree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: South Pasadena, CA USA
Posts: 46
Default Trouble charging receiver pack...

Hi--

I bought a Much More Lipo receiver pack: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUDT4&P=7

And I can't seem to get my Pulsar 3 to work with it. I have rigged a 2-wire connecter, set to Lipo on charger, and set for less than 0.3A charge (all this per charger instructions). All I get is "Battery Error" message.

The Much More site says to only use the red connector for charging, and that doesn't seem right to me (in this case, wouldn't that be the one to the receiver?). I've actually tried both--but with the same result.

If anyone can set me straight on this, please do! BTW, 1/2 of a TrackPower gold 4800 fits perfectly on one side of the T-bar in a 12L4.

Thx,
TVree
TVree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:32 AM   #725
Tech Master
 
rcterp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: No mans land.
Posts: 1,032
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVree View Post
Hi--

I bought a Much More Lipo receiver pack: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUDT4&P=7

And I can't seem to get my Pulsar 3 to work with it. I have rigged a 2-wire connecter, set to Lipo on charger, and set for less than 0.3A charge (all this per charger instructions). All I get is "Battery Error" message.

The Much More site says to only use the red connector for charging, and that doesn't seem right to me (in this case, wouldn't that be the one to the receiver?). I've actually tried both--but with the same result.

If anyone can set me straight on this, please do! BTW, 1/2 of a TrackPower gold 4800 fits perfectly on one side of the T-bar in a 12L4.

Thx,
TVree
I use that battery also and it works great. Make sure the charger is set for 7.4v (2S) and charge through the short lead. It sounds like you're doing everything correct. If that doesn't work, double check your charge lead.
__________________
Φ
Glitter Lidz - "My driving doesn't shine but my lid does!!"
rcterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:36 AM   #726
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcterp View Post
I use that battery also and it works great. Make sure the charger is set for 7.4v (2S) and charge through the short lead. It sounds like you're doing everything correct. If that doesn't work, double check your charge lead.
And make sure your reciever is turned off.
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:44 PM   #727
Tech Master
 
rcterp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: No mans land.
Posts: 1,032
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
And make sure your reciever is turned off.
Wait.... is that smoke I smell.... nahhhh can't be....
__________________
Φ
Glitter Lidz - "My driving doesn't shine but my lid does!!"
rcterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:04 PM   #728
Tech Master
 
mharlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,052
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

I have a SMC 4000mAh 3.7v 25c Lipo Battery with hard case, WSD Connector that I received last week and no longer need. It has been taken out of the packaging but never used. I live in Australia but would be willing to ship it to the US for $48USD.

Let me know if anyone is interested.
mharlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #729
Tech Regular
 
cdee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 382
Default

If anyone is looking to add a little weight to make the class spec or for handling purposes, here is a plate that sits under the battery and weighs right around 100grams.. thanks cdee

http://www.manutech.info/133101specs.html
cdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:57 AM   #730
Tech Master
 
PartTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sterling hts MI
Posts: 1,029
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Ok, my booster finally got here.

Do I just plug it inbetween the speedo and rx? Or should I go the extra mile and wire it to the batt leads with a switch and plug into the rx?

Thanks
DK
PartTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:52 AM   #731
Tech Adept
 
level-4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 205
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to level-4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTime View Post
Ok, my booster finally got here.

Do I just plug it inbetween the speedo and rx? Or should I go the extra mile and wire it to the batt leads with a switch and plug into the rx?

Thanks
DK
battery to switch then booster then receiver. that's how mine worked.

try to give steve something else to complain about by beating him tonight w/17.5 lipo i can't make it out tonight.
__________________
X6 | X60 | SC10 | Ve8
level-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:36 AM   #732
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So ILL Larry Dean Pope
Posts: 479
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVree View Post
Hi--

I bought a Much More Lipo receiver pack: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUDT4&P=7

And I can't seem to get my Pulsar 3 to work with it. I have rigged a 2-wire connecter, set to Lipo on charger, and set for less than 0.3A charge (all this per charger instructions). All I get is "Battery Error" message.

The Much More site says to only use the red connector for charging, and that doesn't seem right to me (in this case, wouldn't that be the one to the receiver?). I've actually tried both--but with the same result.

If anyone can set me straight on this, please do! BTW, 1/2 of a TrackPower gold 4800 fits perfectly on one side of the T-bar in a 12L4.

Thx,
TVree
Have you checked the static voltage of the pack? A guy I race with had this similar issue on a 180mah Micro T pack after he overdrained it. I believe he put it on a CE GFX for few minutes at .5 and it recovered. HTH
__________________
REDLINE RC RACEWAY
ldp787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:57 AM   #733
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldp787 View Post
Have you checked the static voltage of the pack? A guy I race with had this similar issue on a 180mah Micro T pack after he overdrained it. I believe he put it on a CE GFX for few minutes at .5 and it recovered. HTH
THAT THING COSTS 50 BUCKS ? WHAT A RIP OFF!
i GOT A FLIGHT POWER 350MAH 7.4V LIPO FOR $16 AND A REGULATOR FOR ANOTHER $18 . SEEMS TO ME SOMEONE IS MAKING ALOT OF MONEY CAUSE IT SAYS MUCH MORE ON IT. THATS IT , IT JUST COSTS MUCH MORE.
NOT A VERY SMART BUY.
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:02 AM   #734
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by level-4 View Post
battery to switch then booster then receiver. that's how mine worked.

try to give steve something else to complain about by beating him tonight w/17.5 lipo i can't make it out tonight.
That shouldnt be too hard . Sorry you cant make it Scott. Tap that once for me . Im metric.
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:28 AM   #735
Tech Master
 
sportpak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ft Wayne, IN
Posts: 1,314
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
THAT THING COSTS 50 BUCKS ? WHAT A RIP OFF!
i GOT A FLIGHT POWER 350MAH 7.4V LIPO FOR $16 AND A REGULATOR FOR ANOTHER $18 . SEEMS TO ME SOMEONE IS MAKING ALOT OF MONEY CAUSE IT SAYS MUCH MORE ON IT. THATS IT , IT JUST COSTS MUCH MORE.
NOT A VERY SMART BUY.
I got a thunder power 200mah for $13.00 free shipping. It's back ordered a week, but hell, at that price I can wait.

It's really a matter of convenience. if you want it now, the 50 is worth it. Don't be too hard on the guy.
__________________
-Tamiya TA05-R - Tamiya M05 - Summit Raceway Ft. Wayne, IN

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The future of 1/12 scale Roland S Electric On-Road 1004 06-16-2017 02:04 PM
SMC 5700mAh 25C Single Cell Lipo Danny/SMC Electric On-Road 352 05-14-2009 04:03 AM
Trackside 1/12th scale racing Ike Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 41 03-31-2009 11:42 AM
ROAR 1/12 weight limit miller tyme Electric On-Road 171 01-09-2009 04:14 PM
Why choose LiPo? wingman2 Electric On-Road 16 12-17-2008 06:51 PM
1/12 lipo the mighty thor Electric On-Road 7 12-07-2008 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:15 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net