R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #481
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

OK guys.. once again.. I ran just great for 8 minutes with NO booster NOR rx pack and still had more left!!

SpeedPassion GT LPF
SpeedPassion 13.5 geared 3.0 roll... 78/43
Futaba FASST 603FS
Futaba 9650 Servo
AMB Transponder with Novak Voltage Booster for Transponders.

Works PERFECT! finally got it geared right that i still had a "punch" feel until the end of the run. It just takes a little bit of adjusting and testing!
Chris Furman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #482
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
Danny, you mentioned you were going to query Novak about that booster ETA, any word on that?
Still no info from Novak but I did ask them to stop by and post some info on the specs. Charlie told me he may release some info soon.
Danny/SMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #483
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant

must have something to do with the reciever .. mine was used in a 2 call car and i think if u make the transition fron 2 to 1 cell.. or the novak speedo i have isnt right.
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #484
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
must have something to do with the reciever .. mine was used in a 2 call car and i think if u make the transition fron 2 to 1 cell.. or the novak speedo i have isnt right.
The Novak will power limit with the lower voltage of a single cell LiPo (along with most other speedo's). You'll need a receiver pack or booster with most set-ups if you don't want it to go flat during the run.

The little booster that I have is still working fine by the way.
Fred_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:20 PM   #485
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Quote:

Nope, had mine in a two cell car originally also. Must be your speedo.

Let me tell you.. once geared correctly.. the SpeedPassion GT-LPF has a green mode, I set DRRS to 4 and I have NOTICABLE punch left on the last minute. This must be the most efficient speedo that I have ever used!
Chris Furman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #486
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to c1 racin Send a message via AIM to c1 racin Send a message via Yahoo to c1 racin

Danny, this might be a dumb question .... but .... is there a way to do a 3.7v saddle pack for 1/12 scale? I know you have the 3.7v single cell pack, and a 7.4v saddle pack. I'm thinking about getting in the class and don't know if it can be done or not but I do know I would like a LiPo battery.
c1 racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:36 AM   #487
Tech Addict

I'm not Danny, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night........

No, seriously. He's said that the tooling to make a saddle is too expensive to jump into before knowing that 1c LiPo will be legal. Once ROAR OK's 1c LiPo and sets some case size dimension rules then I think he'll get one in the works. At least that's what I've been able to gather from his previous posts on the subject.
adam lancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #488
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny/SMC View Post
This is our first shot at this pack and I thought using 4000/25C was a good compromise plus it would keep cost down. We can do higher capacity and higher C rate if need be. I think some of the oval tracks will adopt this pack as a spec pack like they did our 3200/28C. Since these packs are exclusively done for us our supplier promised not to change them for 2 years so the packs you buy now and in 2 years will be the same. This way you don't need to worry about new packs every 6 months. We will most likely release C-Max version of this pack but it won't be until next season as there is no need for it now.
Danny,

Is this still the plan? Our local oval track has already adopted the single cell 25C 4000 pack as the spec pack for this year. It runs damn near identical to the batteries we were using, and we are hoping to keep this pack (4000/25C) as the track pack for at least 2009, if not longer. Most all of our guys have already purchased a pack, and we don't want to have to change mid-season. We are using the 3200/28C in the faster class. Thanks!!
jdearhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #489
Company Representative

Yes we will keep the pack unchanged for the tracks who want to use it as a spec pack. For the next racing season we will also offer a improved capacity/C rate pack for the classes that allow open batteries.
Danny/SMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #490
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant

Id like every 12 pan car and eventually every 10th pan car all using the same pack.. and since danny's already got one out and most ppl have one , lets just use it in world gt and all 12th classes. That would end most of the issues . and everyone would have fairly equal stuff, all we need to do is convince the guys that are still running brushed motors to convert to modern tech. then it would be a better playing fienl. FOR SURE>
Old 01-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #491
Tech Master

I seem to need the reciever pack. If I try to race with out it . my car tends to lose responce to any input what-so-ever. by adding the flight pack and the Novak is set to stock specs is the only way I can make my car drivable.
I dont understand why Chris can use his FAAST w/o a pack and a 1 cell li-po when I'm using 4 Ni-Mh to power my motor. But I can tell you that my servo moves faster all the time! lol
Old 01-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #492
Tech Addict

Quote:
I seem to need the reciever pack. If I try to race with out it . my car tends to lose responce to any input what-so-ever. by adding the flight pack and the Novak is set to stock specs is the only way I can make my car drivable.
I have a couple hundred receiver cells left if you need some.

My KO 2.4 stuff will work down to about 2.5 volts but the speedo I run won't. Even if the speedo's did work your transponder wouldn't. I've even had the transponder drop out in 4 cell mod with older cells.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #493
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny/SMC View Post
Yes we will keep the pack unchanged for the tracks who want to use it as a spec pack. For the next racing season we will also offer a improved capacity/C rate pack for the classes that allow open batteries.

Many Thanks!!!!!
jdearhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #494
Tech Master

hey fred !? Where are you running 12th ?
Old 01-04-2009, 07:05 PM   #495
Tech Addict

Quote:
hey fred !? Where are you running 12th ?
Yup,

I'll be running at the Riders in Ypsi this Thursday (13.5 12th). Been running round cells at the club races and some mod LiPo in practice.