R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-28-2008, 04:03 PM   #406
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant

Figures .. not one is a otor i have ..
go buy another .
Friggin 17.5 1 cell ok.. but lower the weight. slow race cars... whats the world comming to.. i think ive spent way too much trying to find the right combination for anything any more and i for one dont like the way its headed. even tho my roar # is low and still it doesnt matter what we think is good .. its time to have some class thats not out of controll so to speak.
off the top of my head i have to say i cant type fast enough to tell you all just how i feel..... but its not good
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:26 PM   #407
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I personally like the 17.5/1 cell concept for "stock/beginner". I really enjoy the 13.5 speed, but I don't really want to add 5 oz of lead to the car to make weight and somewhat "blend" into the rules, especially when there is resistance.

If we make a new class out of this for experimental purposes, I suggest 17.5 and a minimum weight of 700-750 grams.

People that support this battery concept need to spend less time ramming it down the throats of others that aren't so convinced, and more time testing different things and providing quality data for people to see. If you have several guys at your track running, try running under a common set of rules so that people a little skeptical can see potential in it. I feel less talk and more action will let things work out the way they're supposed to.

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #408
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
I personally like the 17.5/1 cell concept for "stock/beginner". I really enjoy the 13.5 speed, but I don't really want to add 5 oz of lead to the car to make weight and somewhat "blend" into the rules, especially when there is resistance.

If we make a new class out of this for experimental purposes, I suggest 17.5 and a minimum weight of 700-750 grams.

People that support this battery concept need to spend less time ramming it down the throats of others that aren't so convinced, and more time testing different things and providing quality data for people to see. If you have several guys at your track running, try running under a common set of rules so that people a little skeptical can see potential in it. I feel less talk and more action will let things work out the way they're supposed to.

This is exactly what we should do.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:11 PM   #409
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHoff7 View Post
This is exactly what we should do.
+1

just with a few guys practicing around with this the interest is already picking up
buffalobill989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:36 PM   #410
Tech Adept

Default lipo in t bar car

Hi
Heres a pic of a 1 cell lipo in a t bar car. This guy is one of the faster 1/12th racers at the track and this car is working really good configured this way. Seems like it will work in a T bar car.
Attached Thumbnails
SMC 4000/25C/3.7V single cell Hardcase pack.-img00003-20081228-1733.jpg  
360rcspeedway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #411
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the picture Donny. I knew this would work due to the weight of the single cell being less than 2 sub-c cells.

As far as what to do with classes go I think 17.5/1 cell with no weight added maybe a good class. Slower speeds and less weight will equal to less wear and tear.

The pro class could be 8.5 with no added weight and this would make for some pretty fast cars.

For this year tracks that are concerned about turnout and want to try and please as many racers as possible should allow 13.5/1 cell with 17.5/4 cell and adjust the weight of the cars so the lap times are as close as possible.

Then when next season starts we should have a better idea of what classes should be run with 1 cell Lipo.
Danny/SMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:26 PM   #412
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant

so whom decides what weight to remove or add...
maybe that would be an advantage.. and by whos standards would one penalize ? perhaps one or the other ..
I h8 the round cells ...
Over and done like so many tbar cars.
new times . new class.
EVOLVE NOT DISOLVE.
but get ready to throw away what you already have...
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:10 AM   #413
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackanG View Post
Tested it this weekend in mod.
Setup:
CRC GEN-X
LRP ESC
Novak 4.5 T 12.5mm sintered rotor
R/X boster (a friend of mine are making them. Been using one for 3 year)in front of the R/X in the picture.
Rollout: 34-35mm
Weight: 710 Gram
Runtime: more then 9 minutes
Best laptime with 4cell a week ago: 12.7s
Best with 1cell lipo 13.0s (smal tires 41mm)used better (bigger)tires on the 4cell lap
I am going to try a GM evo3 3.5T this weekend.
Run GM 3.5T this weekend with no luck on runtime. Less then 7min.
8:30min this weekend with 4.5T
Have not yet found a good setup. It is twitchy in the rear. Maybe when you find the right setup, and can start too push a little harder, 5.5T is the limit.
Best laptime this weekend was 12.74s (Novak 4.5T). Just so you now what level I'am on: A friend (former Swidish champion in 1/12)did a 12.44s this weekend with 4cell and Orion 4.5T

Last edited by MackanG; 12-29-2008 at 03:22 AM.
MackanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:33 AM   #414
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know your trying to get the same speeds as using sub-c cells but we purposely put less capacity in the single cell to slow the mod cars so you would need slower motors or have to throttle drive to make 8 minutes. When you have some of the best 12th scale mod racers in the world tell you mod is to fast and on the edge I think it's time to slow the cars down.
Danny/SMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:45 AM   #415
Tech Initiate

MackanG You got a PM
skink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:03 AM   #416
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360rcspeedway View Post
Hi
Heres a pic of a 1 cell lipo in a t bar car. This guy is one of the faster 1/12th racers at the track and this car is working really good configured this way. Seems like it will work in a T bar car.

I'm so glad that Philly is having so much success with his T-Bar Car. His car is simply Awesome out there. He says it's easy to drive and his lap times only fall off maybe a .10th or two at the end. Tire wear is also a big plus....... I run my LiPo in a Rev. 4.5 (thanks Donny) and the Car is simply a joy to drive. It does feel a little "lite on it's feet" but with tire and body changes and some other testing, the link and t-bar cars are really coming around.

We just had half the field run LiPo's together with 4-cell and the lap times were pretty close with LiPo cars having a bit of an edge at the end...... One thing I noticed with running different bodies, the car handles real nice with the CRC Black Art Body. Doesn't feel to planted but stable around the track. Another body that seems to work is the Proto 12. That body just seems to work everywhere I go.

........Like Danny just said, for now, no wt. limit seems to be the way to go for now. We have seen at our track different chassis run this Battery. And all say it has a "lite feel", but very drivable. Even hitting a board from time to time, the car jumps off the boards, and doesn't seem to hurt the body or chassis from being so lite. I also ran my car with the Booster and LiPo recever pack and both work real well. I heard the booster will be out real soon and seems to be the ticket....... Real small and don't have to worry about charging another pack.

Hope all your local tracks gets on board with this lastest and greatest. One battery..... you have the chargers........ tire wear is awesome.........Just charge battery, mount body and RACE!!

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:05 AM   #417
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntron1 View Post

I realize this is the onroad thread but it looks very viable in oval to me.

It's a 3.7 Ic LiPo thread. Keep the input coming........

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:38 AM   #418
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny/SMC View Post
I know your trying to get the same speeds as using sub-c cells but we purposely put less capacity in the single cell to slow the mod cars so you would need slower motors or have to throttle drive to make 8 minutes. When you have some of the best 12th scale mod racers in the world tell you mod is to fast and on the edge I think it's time to slow the cars down.
I'am not trying to get the same speed, just trying to find the limit. It's not the same speed and punch, but mutch easier to drive. I'am going to run this pack in practice and only run 4cell when I race.
Tire wear is low, electronic runs cooler. I love it. This is the way to go for 1/12.
MackanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #419
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360rcspeedway View Post
Hi
hi guys this is my t bar car donny put a pic up for me ( i am not too computer savy)
i prefer the t plate to link it is what i have always run i will put the car on balance pins this week to see how it is i dont feel it is an issue the car steers well both ways........the car weighs 688 grams on suday not a lighteight body........old front end 20lb springs...i had to cu the tweak perches off the top plate to clear the motor....run tweak screws.......200mah reciever pack with a switch as per donnie.....the car drop off at 7 min due too track spooge hairs etc..............plus its fast iam rusty.......45...46..76 spur........ran the car 8 min heat...gave it to my friend roland rite after heat he was out on track 4 min or so...........receiver pack uses very little.......

there is a life for all t bar lovers..............bigphil
Old 12-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #420
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny/SMC View Post
I can understand the concept of slowing things down but this is mod were talking about here. Why not put the best capacity / power combination out to the market then slow down thru motors and gearing if need be?? I was considering trying this in WGT but we need closer to 4 cell match and this potential solution went the opposite direction...that only limits the options. The other issue is, when company B comes out with the higher mah and or C rating, we now own obsolete by design.
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote