Tech Regular

Default WARPSPEED RACING

GREAT JOB TONI MAKING THE A MAIN!
Mr Warpspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 08:26 AM   #1112
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Hey Victor-I hope you see this. I have the D1 stripped down to the bare chassis-getting it prepped for the Birds. I need some advice-call me this morning if you have a second!!!Thanks,
Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 12:41 PM   #1113
Regional Moderator

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Racer_Chick Send a message via MSN to Racer_Chick

Thanks guys. Now I just have to try and get a better finish...lol. I'm racing this weekend and then after that I'm going to go through the car and change the setup on it. Shocks are probably going to be the biggest change: I'm running 50wt blue/silver now. lol. I've asked people about carpet and its been the same all around: Stiffen up the shocks. I want to get all of the work done on my car before wednesday so I'm not running around right before the club race trying to get it all done.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:46 PM   #1114
Tech Elite

Well I had my first race with my Warpspeed SHLOSI (Mission chassis and drivetrain/Losi suspension) yesterday. Basically, I raced the car exaclty as I built it. I didn't make any setup changes. The car was DIALED. I even used cs27s with the belts showing through. I qualified 10th in the Expert stock A-main (got hacked badly). I had absolutely no speed or punch out of the turns in the Main. My motor was a complete dog, but the car handled so well I was able to work my way up to a third place finish. The two guys ahead of me just had way too much speed. There's no subsitiute for raw horsepower. I need to do a little better job on motor prep and gearing and then I'll be ready to show some people what this car can do.

RacerChick - Congrats on making the A.

Good luck to the Entire Warpspeed Team at the Birds
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 12:53 PM   #1115
Tech Champion

Racer-chick-how do you like a car to handle? My set-up I ended Sunday with was pretty good. I wouodnt be afraid for you to try it. Can you rn at RPM before going to BIrds? I have more to test on Thursday, but its a good starting point. I'd say its a tad edgy, but not bad.

Ray
Old 01-26-2004, 01:02 PM   #1116
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up hey dotman..

Quote:
Originally posted by DOTMAN
Well I had my first race with my Warpspeed SHLOSI (Mission chassis and drivetrain/Losi suspension) yesterday. Basically, I raced the car exaclty as I built it. I didn't make any setup changes. The car was DIALED. I even used cs27s with the belts showing through. I qualified 10th in the Expert stock A-main (got hacked badly). I had absolutely no speed or punch out of the turns in the Main. My motor was a complete dog, but the car handled so well I was able to work my way up to a third place finish. The two guys ahead of me just had way too much speed. There's no subsitiute for raw horsepower. I need to do a little better job on motor prep and gearing and then I'll be ready to show some people what this car can do.

had fun run running with you at the races .. we got to run like that more often.. race with you soon bro. had a great time..
Old 01-26-2004, 01:19 PM   #1117
Tech Regular

Default WARPSPEED MISSION

Quote:
Originally posted by DOTMAN

Dotman was running a WARPSPEED MISSION w/Losi Suspension
Here are some pics of his car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00571_resize.jpg (130.5 KB, 94 views)
Old 01-26-2004, 01:20 PM   #1118
Tech Regular

Here is another one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00573_resize.jpg (111.5 KB, 82 views)
Old 01-26-2004, 01:21 PM   #1119
Tech Regular

AND ANOTHER
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00576_resize.jpg (119.4 KB, 76 views)
Old 01-26-2004, 01:21 PM   #1120
Tech Regular

ANOTHER
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00579_resize.jpg (167.9 KB, 66 views)
Old 01-26-2004, 01:24 PM   #1121
Tech Regular

LAST ONE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00568_resize.jpg (106.7 KB, 74 views)
Old 01-26-2004, 02:19 PM   #1122
Tech Elite

Default Re: hey dotman..

Quote:
Originally posted by mb racer
had fun run running with you at the races .. we got to run like that more often.. race with you soon bro. had a great time..
Hey, Mark...that battle we had in 19T yesterday is why I race. We swapped positions probably 10-15 times without hitting each other. That was a blast. You made some great moves. Can't wait til the next race.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:35 PM   #1123
Tech Elite

Default Re: WARPSPEED MISSION

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Warpspeed
Dotman was running a WARPSPEED MISSION w/Losi Suspension
Here are some pics of his car.
Victor, thanks again for putting that car together for me. It's just bad a$$ as you said it was. Look for more posts about it in the future. I used basically the same setup Matt Francis used at a race in NC last year. The only change I changed was the springs as you can see in the picks. I used Schumacher shocks with Losi springs.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf matt_nats03asp.pdf (64.4 KB, 123 views)
Old 01-26-2004, 04:35 PM   #1124
Regional Moderator

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Racer_Chick Send a message via MSN to Racer_Chick

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Racer-chick-how do you like a car to handle? My set-up I ended Sunday with was pretty good. I wouodnt be afraid for you to try it. Can you rn at RPM before going to BIrds? I have more to test on Thursday, but its a good starting point. I'd say its a tad edgy, but not bad.

Ray
I like how its handling now!!! lol. But I guess I'll have to change it... lol. I probably won't be able to make it out to RPM, so my first run will be the club race. As far as how I like it to handle (it doesn't always co-operate with me...or maybe that's driver error ) is as fast as possible. Right now with the spool in it travels through the corners pretty well and I can keep it on power a lot more than I could with the diff. I was doing a pretty good job of keeping it away from pipes and dots so I could actually figure out what it was doing and I definately liked it. I'm not sure if I'll run a spool at the birds or not. I'll try it, but if it doesn't work out then I'll switch to the diff. Could you pm me that setup? I'd like to try it. So far, I've been told to use Blackstock's setup from cleveland and go from there, but some of the changes look pretty drastic. lol. Thanks,
Toni
Old 01-27-2004, 11:47 AM   #1125
Tech Champion

To each her-own-but I dont know anyone running a spoool on carpet-especially in stock. I am sure its awesome on rubber tires/asphalt though. As far as set-up-my set-up ended up SO close to Blackstocks that you can go with his for now.

I am happy with car now-but Thursday night I am trying a few new things-so everything might change again.

Dave, Toni, Hector-YG PM's

Last edited by rayhuang; 01-27-2004 at 12:04 PM.