R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-11-2003, 10:41 AM   #676
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

r.fenstermacher i listed my set ups earlier for the d2 if your running rubber its a good starting point.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:03 AM   #677
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Modified here I come!!! I have two Putnam handwound Ti based motors, but they need rebuilds after every run. Gets old-especially when trying to run the races. I just ordered an Orion V2 9single with extra springs and brushes!! I am so excited!! A modified motor that I can run 8 times, cut the comm and run the brushes 8 more times after that!!!

My Modified Demon is being built right now. Its about 40% built. I am doing something different with this one. I am building this one with stock steering rack and stock AE front spindles. I am taking the ackermann and bump steer, etc back to bone stock.

And I'll go from there!!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 07:15 PM   #678
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

I ran the 3 mm car for 1 stock pack and 3 mod last night. Very good in both. A few guys came up to me and told me the mod car looked very smooth and fast And no torque steer...YAY!!
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 08:26 PM   #679
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by MUFFIN
Wish we had a local carpet track!
I know it is like a 4 hour drive but we race in Jacksonville next race is 24th of Jan
davepull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 02:51 AM   #680
Tech Addict

@Speedxl:
If you like the long brush and comm life on the V2 motors you should really get a hold on some CS powermax high silver brushes. These are regular stand up brushes and from what I have seen they work well on all motors.

I have one pair in a 12X1 Orion Core motor with timing at max setting. I have over 50 runs on these brushes now...

I have cut the comm twice but that was just to check how much wear they were causing (which was next to nothing!).
The comm looked weird but I only needed to skim it. The brushes appeared to have deposited just a thin layer of silver on the comm. The comm itself had almost no wear at all.

Several of the top modified drivers around here swear to them as well. And they have been used by many top drivers in Europe to win big races. So I bet they donít produce any less power than any other high quality brush out there.

If you havenít tried them yet you should!

PS. Let me know if you find them in the US (webshop). These brushes are very expensive here so Iím trying to locate a dealer in the US. Preferably a webshop.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:46 AM   #681
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Speedxl, when we start running outdoors again I'll definately try it, but we are indoors on carpet useing foams till about April or May. Thanks though!
R.Fenstermacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 07:46 PM   #682
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Racer_Chick Send a message via MSN to Racer_Chick

I just got my D1 together this past week and got to run it for the first time last night in practice and I love it!! It handles great and I'm doing pretty good with it so far. I ran RCDude's last weekend before I got mine and I TQ'd Sportsman Stock (There would've been 11 people in Pro Stock, so I moved down.) and would've won if I hadn't tangled with lap traffic (a.k.a. my mom... lol). This weekend is the Regionals and I didn't do as good as I'd hoped in qualifying, but it's my first big event other than a state series race and I'm running the expert class. All of the other guys running warpspeeds are doing really good, though. I think either warpspeed or x-ray is going to walk away with the win...
Old 12-13-2003, 07:55 PM   #683
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Racer_Chick
I just got my D1 together this past week and got to run it for the first time last night in practice and I love it!! It handles great and I'm doing pretty good with it so far. I ran RCDude's last weekend before I got mine and I TQ'd Sportsman Stock (There would've been 11 people in Pro Stock, so I moved down.) and would've won if I hadn't tangled with lap traffic (a.k.a. my mom... lol). This weekend is the Regionals and I didn't do as good as I'd hoped in qualifying, but it's my first big event other than a state series race and I'm running the expert class. All of the other guys running warpspeeds are doing really good, though. I think either warpspeed or x-ray is going to walk away with the win...
cool NOW we have a warp sister > that can drive.......... way cool .... well good luck and remember just keep calm and think that it is a regular club race on a good night and you will be fine

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 08:06 AM   #684
Regional Moderator

Thanks, Howard. Yeah, we're not sure if we're even going to get the mains in due to the weather, but we're going to try. They were supposed to start at 9:30 but I'm still at home and it's raining outside right now. Actually, I think it's stopping, so there may still be hope. We're waiting until noon to see what happens. ::crosses fingers::
Old 12-14-2003, 07:48 PM   #685
Tech Rookie

Default Demon supreme

Just wanted to shout out to all you demon runners. I tried a set up from Dumas that he said he used at Clev. SB & Nats. Thats right the same setup. I ran it after Clev. at Ultra which had the same layout as before Clev. and went a 1/2 a sec. a lap faster. Can't wait for the Birds! I ran stock this weekend for the first time in a few years ended up beating Eli by 7 sec. Hopefully things go good at the birds and we will see Warpspeed up front! Just want to thank Vic and his wife for all there support. Thanks again!
Later CD
Chris Doseck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 09:01 PM   #686
Tech Elite

Default T4T race in La Mirada Cali

Well today started out real good. but turned into a wet mess by the 2nd qualifier ( yes it does rain in southern california ). So to say the least they called the race and reschedueld in 3 weeks we will pick up where we left off . So as of now I am 3rd qualifier in stock with the D1 and I think TQ or second in 19t ( I didnt see the heat sheet) with the D2 but I did hear I was turning some of the fastest laps around 12 seconds

Since they called the race I wanted to try out my D1 on a wet surface. Jeez it was still stuck very little sliding . Must have been funny to look at the track and see me standing in the rain running my car and being hooked up guess soaking the tires with wd40 helped repell the water

Howard

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 09:03 PM   #687
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to wheelmanST

Quote:
Jeez it was still stuck very little sliding
nice
wheelmanST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 07:38 AM   #688
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by R.Fenstermacher
Speedxl, when we start running outdoors again I'll definately try it, but we are indoors on carpet useing foams till about April or May. Thanks though!
Carpet on foams, must be nice!!
Art Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 09:56 AM   #689
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

So were the FL regionals rained out? if not-how did Team Warpspeed do?
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 12:31 PM   #690
Regional Moderator

We did get to run, but with single a-mains instead of triples (It didn't affect me, though. lol.). Greg Hunsinger Jr. finished 2nd in the expert stock a-main, Earl Grace won sportsman with a warpspeed. I finished 2nd in the expert c-main (No one really needs to know that there was only 3 mains and only two cars in the heat...My gear mesh was off (Yeah, excuses, excuses, I knokw...)) Steve McNichols finished 2nd in 19t with the schumacher car (I think...) Victor was 2nd in the 19t b, Steve McNichols and Stephen Baker got 6th and 7th in the mod a-main, and Art Jensen got 1st in the Bmain. If there's anyone I forgot then I'm sorry, I wrote this pretty fast and was going off the top of my head I was really happy with the car and it was pretty dialed all weekend. Too bad I did better in practice than in the heats... lol. Good job everyone! Can't wait until the state race, now... I'm aiming for the b-main next time. lol.