R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2003, 11:23 PM   #661
Tech Adept
 
tnstantheman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: sweetwater,Tn
Posts: 122
Send a message via AIM to tnstantheman
Default ok its done

i have it together and i love it ,it looks so cool ,i am going to try my setup with out the ntc3 steering to see whats up then i will test more things


is anyone running more droop in the rear on one side are the other ,on the tub i ran 1 mm more droop on left rear


i cant wait to see lap times now with this track demon
tnstantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 08:35 AM   #662
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 163
Default

Thanks guys, Not Sean j/k. My car was awsome this sunday and I will be ready for next weeks regionals. And if your so happy about getting second to him what about me who beat him?????? (not sayin i'm better than him) And I also had the fastest lap all day (15.7).
stephen Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 08:39 AM   #663
Tech Champion
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Re: ok its done

Quote:
Originally posted by tnstantheman
i have it together and i love it ,it looks so cool ,i am going to try my setup with out the ntc3 steering to see whats up then i will test more things


is anyone running more droop in the rear on one side are the other ,on the tub i ran 1 mm more droop on left rear


i cant wait to see lap times now with this track demon
Stan,

YOu wont need to run any odd droop numbers. This car launches straight and predictably even with a 7 turn in it. Just ask Doseck!!

But seriousely I ran a 9 turn in it the other month and car was so easy to drive. I could just rip on it out of tight corners and down short chutes with no worries of torwque steering into boards or anything!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:24 PM   #664
Tech Addict
 
stonedgti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 699
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default My ROAR Regional Report

I attended the Roar Region 12 race last weekend. It was a busy race schedule. I woke up at 4:30 am and got to the track at 6:45. What a tiring, but exciting day.

I raced my demon in the 19t class. The first qualifier, my car wasn't dialed at all, but drivable. Had too much traction, and traction rolled a couple of times. Ok run, but not the best. Second qualifier, didn't change the set-up and tried to drive a bit better. Lap times where not as good as first qualifier. By the end of the second qualifier, I was in the C main. Oh...well. Before the third qualifier, I stiffened up the car with heavier springs, and that was the ticket! The car was on rails! I was doing an A main run, but 5 laps to go, I clipped a board and the car flew off the track. This robbed my A main hopes and got me into the 8th grid in B main.

At the start of the mains, I went wide before the first corner on purpose, thinking people will crash into each other there. My calculation was dead on, and a couple of cars got tangled while I was able to run through clean. That brought me up to 5th spot, and I had to chase down the cars ahead of me. The car was just so dialed that I was able to take really tight lines with confidence. Did some really fast laps to catch up to second spot car. We had a great battle for second place. But I took tighter lines and was able to take second place, but it was too late in the race to catch first place.

2nd place in B main. I'm happy, considering I was still a sportsman driver 2 month ago.

My Demon drove like a dream. Would of made the A main if I had the right set-up at the begining of the day. I'm really happy with myself and car right now, because I drove my heart out and the car was there to support me. I love my Demon!

Oh...and Matt Francis won the A main modified.
__________________
Team Powers | ORCA | OD 12 Racing | NorCal Hobbies | JWerks | Sonic Racing | Team Gayzer | AYO Racing | Team Hastings | Uncle Larry Concepts | Moonlight Toys
stonedgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:30 PM   #665
Tech Elite
 
Brian McGreevy's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,081
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy
Default

Hey guys I'm going back to the Demon 1 Black 3 mm chassis for testing. There has been much I've learned since the last time I've used it, plus the fabulous Mazda body, so i'm gonna give it a shot I'll let you all know how it runs with the same setup I've been running on the 2.5
__________________
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:48 PM   #666
Tech Elite
 
howard hudson's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: some damned place called Iowa
Posts: 4,245
Default Re: My ROAR Regional Report

Quote:
Originally posted by stonedgti
I attended the Roar Region 12 race last weekend. It was a busy race schedule. I woke up at 4:30 am and got to the track at 6:45. What a tiring, but exciting day.

I raced my demon in the 19t class. The first qualifier, my car wasn't dialed at all, but drivable. Had too much traction, and traction rolled a couple of times. Ok run, but not the best. Second qualifier, didn't change the set-up and tried to drive a bit better. Lap times where not as good as first qualifier. By the end of the second qualifier, I was in the C main. Oh...well. Before the third qualifier, I stiffened up the car with heavier springs, and that was the ticket! The car was on rails! I was doing an A main run, but 5 laps to go, I clipped a board and the car flew off the track. This robbed my A main hopes and got me into the 8th grid in B main.

At the start of the mains, I went wide before the first corner on purpose, thinking people will crash into each other there. My calculation was dead on, and a couple of cars got tangled while I was able to run through clean. That brought me up to 5th spot, and I had to chase down the cars ahead of me. The car was just so dialed that I was able to take really tight lines with confidence. Did some really fast laps to catch up to second spot car. We had a great battle for second place. But I took tighter lines and was able to take second place, but it was too late in the race to catch first place.

2nd place in B main. I'm happy, considering I was still a sportsman driver 2 month ago.

My Demon drove like a dream. Would of made the A main if I had the right set-up at the begining of the day. I'm really happy with myself and car right now, because I drove my heart out and the car was there to support me. I love my Demon!

Oh...and Matt Francis won the A main modified.
that is a fantastic story just wish I was there. The boss wouldnt give me the day off!! well this coming sunday is the toys for tots race in La Mirada california hope to post some wins on sunday night
__________________
what the heck is r/c car??? ( said in your best redneck voice)

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 09:03 PM   #667
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 128
Default

how do you set your droop on the demon? i heard of so many different ways which one would be the best? can someone post the best way to use the tweak board
HARLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 09:46 PM   #668
Tech Elite
 
howard hudson's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: some damned place called Iowa
Posts: 4,245
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by HARLEY
how do you set your droop on the demon? i heard of so many different ways which one would be the best? can someone post the best way to use the tweak board
Help is on the way check your e-mail in the next day or so
__________________
what the heck is r/c car??? ( said in your best redneck voice)

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 09:47 PM   #669
Tech Elite
 
Brian McGreevy's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,081
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy
Default

The best way is to measure your droop over your ride height. So if your ride height is 5 mm, and when hold the tires down and lift up on the towers and it says say 7mm, you have 2 mm of droop . That is the best way to set it. For rubber usually 2-3 mm is good, depending on track conditions, foam 1-2 mm.
__________________
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 05:40 AM   #670
Moderator
 
StephenSobottka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 3,267
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka
Default

Brian- come on im 2 for 2 on our challenges lol, keep on testing.
__________________
~~Stephen Sobottka~~
SMC Racing
StephenSobottka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 12:13 PM   #671
Tech Apprentice
 
Ted B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 95
Send a message via Yahoo to Ted B.
Default Personal Demon

Attached Images
File Type: jpg warp6.jpg (70.7 KB, 161 views)
Ted B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 12:15 PM   #672
Tech Apprentice
 
Ted B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 95
Send a message via Yahoo to Ted B.
Default

2nd Pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg warp5.jpg (70.5 KB, 143 views)

Last edited by Ted B.; 12-10-2003 at 02:10 PM.
Ted B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 05:47 AM   #673
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 1,069
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Nice!!
Art Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 05:49 AM   #674
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 1,069
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Wish we had a local carpet track!
Art Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 10:33 AM   #675
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Dayton,TN
Posts: 1,120
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default D2

I just got my D2 today! It looks even better up close than in the pictures especially when its yours!
__________________
TLR 22 3.0
TLR 22-4
Cooper Motorsports
R.Fenstermacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Warpspeed Demon II FT TC3 R.Fenstermacher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 21 10-29-2004 04:40 PM
WarpSpeed Demon Chasis for TC3 rc10gt R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 07-27-2004 03:21 PM
Warpspeed Demon TC3 R/C HEAT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 05-11-2004 04:05 PM
warpspeed demon for trade burbs R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 04-19-2004 07:08 PM
warpspeed demon rcdave4 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 04-14-2003 08:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:34 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net