R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-06-2003, 06:26 PM   #646
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Hey everyone,

I've been hangin low because I have been sick!! That and my track is getting new carpet installed this weekend and next week. So no racing or practcing for me for a little while longer.This carpet wil be the awesome rug from the Champs plus another roll.

We expect the track to be about 100' x 50'. As soon as its down its time to do some serious racing and practicing for the ROAR nats coming-up.

I am expecting to start running full mod for a month with my Champs stock set-up. I think it will be dialed. I'll also talk to CD and see what set-up he ended the Champs with. he was flying on Sunday!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 02:18 AM   #647
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to tnstantheman
Default hello all

i have my demon ,i am going to put it on a barracuda diet ,demons like eating fish right? the chassi looks cool i cant wait to put it on the car ,I wont the amain tonight that was so cool but it was with the tub ,my car driffs to left under power so i am going to go through the hole car as i out my demon together i just need to find me a red mazda 6 body ,I would like some stickers for the car does anyone have any for sale .I found a nice servo for the new ride so merry christmas to me lol
tnstantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 03:57 PM   #648
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to wheelmanST

Sorry I havnt posted on here in a while...havnt even said anything about Cleveland! Ive been too bummed out lately to race. My g/f is moving back to Texas...so I didnt race today so I could spend some time with her before she leaves I was going to try out the new Mazda body this weekend, as well as some more tricks I learned from Cleveland. Thats what I was pleased the most with from Cleveland; the knowledge I got from talking to all the guys there. Ive learned more about setups, motor and driving in those few days than I have learned in my entire time in this hobby! That being my first 'National' race, I know theres tons more to learn! I will get out to the track next weekend for some serious testing on my D2 before my D1 shows up I will post a setup from Cleveland if I can find the time to write all my stuff down. I have been swamped with school work lately, and its almost final time! ahh finals!!!! Well, thats all there is to say for now. Oh, yea...WARPSPEED RULES!
wheelmanST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 04:03 PM   #649
N4S
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey guys , ask stephen baker how he did this weekend !! .................................... Sorry stephen had to do it See you next weekend ....
N4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 05:04 PM   #650
Tech Regular

Cool Excuse #213

I (Stephen Baker) did finish ahead of the two old men and the gas car driver!
flbugboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 07:07 PM   #651
N4S
Tech Fanatic

Old 12-07-2003, 07:32 PM   #652
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I am looking at the Demon and the Extreme chassis and I have a ?

why are the batteries on the right of the chassis instead of the left like the tub?

thanks
Rodney
RodneyRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 08:21 PM   #653
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I don't know why you guy's are picking on Stephen, now wait yes I do, It's probibly because he usually SMOKES you guys!!
R.Fenstermacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 06:16 AM   #654
Tech Initiate

Stephen did not finish the first A-Main heat, but he kicked butt on everybody in the second heat, if there had been a third as there will be in the regionals, I have no doubt he would have smoked you all again.
RCdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 06:20 AM   #655
Tech Initiate

N4S (Need Mo Speed) did you get a first place finish. No you did not
RCdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:42 AM   #656
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by RodneyRacer
I am looking at the Demon and the Extreme chassis and I have a ?

why are the batteries on the right of the chassis instead of the left like the tub?

thanks
Rodney
batteries moved in towards center and centered perfectly front to back. This makes the car near perfectly balanced and leads to very smooth, predictable handling.

Batteries are on the right, not the left. Thus the motor is now on the left!! Again-in simplest terms, better handling on our predominately right turn race tracks. Also-torque steer has been eliminated!!!

Chassis is made from ultra stiff-high grade Carbon fiber. As is the upper deck. This is not your usual super-flexi "show" carbon fiber.
Outdoorrs in the heat-or anywhere with a hot mod wont warp from heat!!

Chassis is drilled for the normal steering rack as well as the NTC3 swing rack.

And last and most important-its FAST!!!

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 10:26 AM   #657
Tech Regular

Default WARPSPEED RACING

Quote:
Originally posted by RCdude
Stephen did not finish the first A-Main heat, but he kicked butt on everybody in the second heat, if there had been a third as there will be in the regionals, I have no doubt he would have smoked you all again.
I'll second that. Stephen is an excellent driver, and he did smoke everyone out there.
Mr Warpspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 10:29 AM   #658
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

bab00n14 -You drove brilliantly at the Champs. Did you figure out why your car had no stright line speed?
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 03:42 PM   #659
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to wheelmanST

Thanks ray!
The only thing I can think of is the D2 was just too stuck for high traction. It had good speed on the straight but would hang up coming into and out of the corners...whenever the wheels werent dead straight it would scrub. Part of that was probably setup, which I didnt have much time to work on considering I was constantly tracking down glitching problems in my car and radio gear. But, this weekend I will be at the track for sure so I will be able to try some things. Our track is getting a pretty decent groove built up. We have been running 19t spec foam and stock foam constantly now, so its getting some traction Ill give everyone an update on setups after the weekend...ill be running a new mazda body too!
wheelmanST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 04:42 PM   #660
N4S
Tech Fanatic

I was just kidding with stephen as we always do ....... and comming in second to jarod scott , a fully sponsored driver , with a bone stock plastic tub car and a hand out motor .............. works for me

Last edited by N4S; 12-08-2003 at 05:22 PM.