R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-22-2003, 10:06 PM   #541
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ray:

Hi,

Glad to hear your Demon is running well. Isent you a e mail from my phone so I hope you got it. What Demon are you running????
Jason is doing well (sorta) he is having Karting withdrawals any ideas where they race karts indoors???
I'll look for you and Rob at Cleveland.

Thanks
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 11:54 PM   #542
Tech Rookie

Hey do you guys have a website (warpspeed) other than here??? I went to that bmi site and found 6 whole members and was wondering if your factory had something better to offer??
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 11:55 PM   #543
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

www.warpspeed-racing.com

It is still under construction, however.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 05:20 AM   #544
Tech Adept

Quote:
Hey do you guys have a website (warpspeed) other than here??? I went to that bmi site and found 6 whole members and was wondering if your factory had something better to offer??
6 whole members on the message forum that only works part of the time means nothing, although you get an A for effort. 85212 visits to the website to date, since November 4th when it went up, 4260 average visits per day...
Just because nobody uses the forum means nothing about the product or Factory. Same goes for Victor's site. Just because it isn't complete doesn't reflect anything about his products.
NitroJohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 08:28 AM   #545
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to wheelmanST

is this debate still going on!?!

I have one thing to say to vouch for the quality of Victor's products. AND I AM IN NO WAY KNOCKING THE BMI CHASSIS! However, I have not seen or run a BMI, I have seen an IRS. I have had both my D2 and the IRS in my hands to look over, flex the chassis and go through it. I can say without a doubt, the Warpspeed conversion is (not including the BMI, havnt seen it) the absolute best on the market. The quality is perfect, the design is perfect, and the results on track are no less than perfect. Now, some may say my opinion is bias since I run for Warpspeed. Let me ask you this...if I didnt think Victor offered a superior product, why would I ask for a sponsorship?
wheelmanST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 08:59 AM   #546
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

if you have not seen or run the bmi then you can not compare the two.i am glad that you are happy with your car.the people that have seen the bmi car are very impressed and swear by it.i have had people compliment me on the design numerous times.
the warpseed cars are very nice.i do not run one.therefore i will not knock it.i have tried one.it ran pretty good.

all that i am saying is that we(BMI and Warpspeed)are allowing a battle to start between the two companies and giving everyone what they want.I have designed the BMI car because it is my version of what i wanted the car to be.it was not a stab at you guys.if everyone wanted the same thing it would be a pretty boring world.
How about this,if you like the warpspeed,buy it.if you like the BMI car,buy it.
good luck to all of you guys
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 09:14 AM   #547
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by protc3

all that i am saying is that we(BMI and Warpspeed)are allowing a battle to start between the two companies and giving everyone what they want.I have designed the BMI car because it is my version of what i wanted the car to be.it was not a stab at you guys.if everyone wanted the same thing it would be a pretty boring world.
How about this,if you like the warpspeed,buy it.if you like the BMI car,buy it.
good luck to all of you guys
I agree this is turning into a battle of words which we do not want. It is totaly a matter of preferance.

Now on a lighter side Good LUck TO BMI at Cleveland ( Your gonna need it) WARPSPEED IS GONNA KICK YOUR BUTT !!!!!!

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 09:20 AM   #548
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

dont worry,we have some tricks up our sleeves
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 09:59 AM   #549
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Your opinion is meaningless

Quote:
Originally posted by bab00n14
is this debate still going on!?!

I have one thing to say to vouch for the quality of Victor's products. AND I AM IN NO WAY KNOCKING THE BMI CHASSIS! However, I have not seen or run a BMI, I have seen an IRS. I have had both my D2 and the IRS in my hands to look over, flex the chassis and go through it. I can say without a doubt, the Warpspeed conversion is (not including the BMI, havnt seen it) the absolute best on the market. The quality is perfect, the design is perfect, and the results on track are no less than perfect. Now, some may say my opinion is bias since I run for Warpspeed. Let me ask you this...if I didnt think Victor offered a superior product, why would I ask for a sponsorship?
You have might as well have not even posted because your opinion is bias because you brought up Bmi.If you would have said all that without mentioning BMI you could say that with credability.You wouldnt look so Biased!
I dont own either anymore.I have had the chance to drive both.Guess what?They feel almost the exact same.Another guy and I did the comparison recently and they felt the same on
carpet.And you know what we both did?Bought Yokomo SD's
They are both Quality cars conversions and the finish on both are top notch.Enough of the "my chassis is better then yours because its shiny" comments.If you have a real comparison then by all means lay it out.Otherwise quit fanning the flames.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 11:38 AM   #550
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to wheelmanST

protc3 and racenut:
I think you missed my point....I clearly stated my post was NOT about bmi at all! I have NOT run their car....I have NOT seen their car. The reason for even bringing up BMI was to prove that my post was not in reference to the debate between bmi and warpspeed...just to give victor some credability. I was posting my opinion on the warp car in general and compairing it to an IRS which I HAVE seen. So please tell me how my opinion is so biased and doesnt matter, since I brought up the fact that I have NOT seen a BMI and in no way was I compairing it to the warp car?
wheelmanST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 12:07 PM   #551
R/C Tech Founder

This pissing contest needs to end. If I see more BMI/Warpspeed posts I am going to start issuing warnings. The discussion long ago left the grounds of reality far behind.

This goes double for those of you who carried it over into the Cleveland thread.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:10 PM   #552
Tech Adept

Well guys I had a fun of racing today my car ran great (it's the adjustable D-1), we are getting ready for a regional in a couple weeks so there were a lot of talented racers out today and we ran a triple a-main getting us used to how everythng works ( i've never run triple a-mains before), it's kinda hetic but I love the extra track time. All the warpspeed guys did good today (I would have like to do a little better) but the top three was:
1-Steve McNichols w/a WARPSPEED Mission (sorry Steve may have spelled your last name wrong)
2-David Croy w/a stock TC3
3-Stephen Baker w/a WARPSPEED D-1 (me)
stephen Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 06:40 PM   #553
Tech Regular

OUTSTANDING!!!
Great Job guys.

Steve McNichols TQ and Won!
Mr Warpspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 07:07 PM   #554
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I had a really great time this weekend! The car ran awesome! I qulaified third and finished second, only 1 second behind first. Knoxville has the nicest indoor carpet facility I have ever seen and raced on. I could not ask for a better home track. I currently have the D1, but the D2 should be here shortly. Stephen did you look at those pictues of the track?
R.Fenstermacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 07:51 PM   #555
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

I had a decent weekend, was on TQ pace in both 1st and second qualifiers, but still managed to stay very fast even after the batt peak dropped off a little . Made the A...VERY tight this weekend. Last 5 guys in the A were seperated by 1 second!!! Many of the area's fastest foam guys were there. Good prep for Cleveland this coming week. Can't wait!!

Those of you who run/have run my setup for the demon on carpet w/ foams, try a Stratus 2.0 instead of the Losi Alfa...DIALED. Felt way smoother and much much more consistent. Also faster
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote