R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-21-2003, 10:14 PM   #526
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

OK, this is very off-topic. Sunshine, if you wish to talk about the Demon and D2 cars please do so, otherwise take this discussion to PM's or elsewhere.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 05:27 AM   #527
Tech Rookie

Quote:
OK, this is very off-topic. Sunshine, if you wish to talk about the Demon and D2 cars please do so, otherwise take this discussion to PM's or elsewhere.
Since you are not even an adult yet, according to your profile, I'll let your orders to me slide with a grain of salt. But please realize I didn't start that topic about karts, rayhuang had and I was simply responding to that. What I find interesting is that I asked the same questions of two companies and it's supporters and one gives me professional, detailed answers to my questions, including design ideas and background history on their company and one gives me a worried about why I even asked about the product concept. Oh and by the way kid, happy early birthday!
SunshineRCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 06:46 AM   #528
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by SunshineRCMan
Since you are not even an adult yet, according to your profile, I'll let your orders to me slide with a grain of salt. But please realize I didn't start that topic about karts, rayhuang had and I was simply responding to that. What I find interesting is that I asked the same questions of two companies and it's supporters and one gives me professional, detailed answers to my questions, including design ideas and background history on their company and one gives me a worried about why I even asked about the product concept. Oh and by the way kid, happy early birthday!
What I find interesting is that you seem to have started an account on RCtech.com with the sole purpose of asking pointless questions of two very specific companies that has little or nothing to do with the items they produce. I am fairly certain you do not go about asking similiar questions of other manufacturers of which products you may be interested. You seem to have a very specific agenda with the line of your questions and several obscure statements you have made and rational for such only bare this out. Why not come out and tell everyone what your agenda is and why you desire information that has little or nothing to do with the products offered in the two threads you have posted since starting your account. Rayhuang had a very clear point to his message and it clearly went right over your head or did not allow you to continue along your pointless questioning and so disregarded it. My guess is that you are extremely loosely tied to one camp or the other, like the guy who cleans the bathrooms out, and overheard some one talking about some disagreement about this or that and thought you would be cute and attempt to belittle or shame the other camp with the tidbit of information you gleaned. I could be wrong with that last statement but seriously doubt it...

My statement about being tied to one camp or the other would be more in the capacity as a lacky or gopher and not in any way to infer that it is at the behest of either Jason or Victor, of that I am certain.
Fasttrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 07:31 AM   #529
Tech Rookie

Quote:
I am fairly certain you do not go about asking similiar questions of other manufacturers of which products you may be interested.
You are right, most companies I deal with are established so their background and history is widely known and that information is readily available.

Quote:
Why not come out and tell everyone what your agenda is and why you desire information that has little or nothing to do with the products offered in the two threads you have posted since starting your account
My agenda was that since I have been observing the whole bmi thread and the friendly jabs that the warpspeed guys and the bmi guys have been taking at each other, I decided to see what all the interest was about. I wanted to see who could answer my questions and who could "sell" their product to a new user on this forum. Most of you, some who seem to be defending warpspeed for some reason, with your psychoanalyzing of my line of questioning have helped me make up my own mind about the legitimacy of these two cars, both of which I have interest in.

Quote:
Rayhuang had a very clear point to his message and it clearly went right over your head or did not allow you to continue along your pointless questioning and so disregarded it.
He did? A biased opinion about his own work, which he is entitled to, with the admission of not having the proper tools to do the job was to in some way sway me to believe that a person with a pair of vice-grips and a hammer can also be a master mechanic? That dog don't hunt.

Quote:
My guess is that you are extremely loosely tied to one camp or the other, like the guy who cleans the bathrooms out, and overheard some one talking about some disagreement about this or that and thought you would be cute and attempt to belittle or shame the other camp with the tidbit of information you gleaned. I could be wrong with that last statement but seriously doubt it...
I am no way affiliated, associated or otherwise loosely tied to either company or "camp". I am a consumer and a longtime hobbyist who was, and I stress WAS interested in these two popular Florida cars.

Quote:
My statement about being tied to one camp or the other would be more in the capacity as a lacky or gopher and not in any way to infer that it is at the behest of either Jason or Victor, of that I am certain.
At nearly 50 years old with an aeronautical engineering degree, I am no ones gopher or lacky, I assure you!

What I have noticed is that many of you have been more interested in taking a jab at me for asking real questions about a product that everyone seems to be praising but not many seem to really know why, and the disingenuous commentary is certainly entertaining as is the rudimentary psychoanalyzing but I think your efforts, and the efforts of others have made the purchase choice for me very simple as well as ending my interest here.
SunshineRCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 07:57 AM   #530
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It appears that he's run his annoying little course and that now he'll find new threads in which to ask irrelevant and inflammatory questions. Better that you were unable to convince him to buy a Demon. Did you really want him hanging around here?
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 07:57 AM   #531
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

SunshineRCMan - .....What I don't understand, if your so experienced and mechanically inclined, then why not just contact Victor himself? You could e-mail him or talk to him direct by phone. He is very nice and I'm sure could answer all of your very important questions, regarding the history of the company, production costs, machining processes, maybe you could even ask him about yearly capital gains as well, just to make sure the company will be around for years to come....

Dude these are just toy cars, relax!

Last edited by Doug D; 11-22-2003 at 08:03 AM.
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 08:00 AM   #532
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

CypressMidWest - Good call!
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 08:03 AM   #533
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by CypressMidWest
It appears that he's run his annoying little course and that now he'll find new threads in which to ask irrelevant and inflammatory questions. Better that you were unable to convince him to buy a Demon. Did you really want him hanging around here?
Also I've seen Ray's work and he is in fact VERY GOOD. There was atime when the finest full-scale cars in the world were manufactured without the aid of CNC machines, robots etc. a good craftsman can work magic with merely "adequate tools".

Methinks someone's engineering degree has moved him to far from the center of human capability.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 09:57 AM   #534
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Sunshine,

This has nothing to do with my age, as I can see that I myself at only 16, nearly 17, am more mature than many adults on these forums. I am a representative of of Warpspeed Racing. I do not run R/C tech, but I'm sure Shane (futureal) would have said the same thing as I did. You doing what you did are not promoting or giving feedback on Warpspeed Racing products. If you wish to, that is fine, but the karts and machinery discussion can reside elsewhere.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 11:10 AM   #535
Tech Regular

SunshineRCMan

He obviously has an answer for everything and never one for the questions put forth. Had he seen the chassis as he stated why even bother with this entire charade? He did have a specfic question for both parties and only in that last statment put it forth in a slightly obfuscated manner. He is big on his own pedigree and yet I wonder if he is even aware that many things were manufactured to very high tolerances long before CNC machines were even around. It could be, Sunshine, that most folks on both threads clearly see you argumentative line of questioning for what it is, and not what you praport it to be; even the youngens here are pretty darn smart. Remember, psychoanalyzing rudimentary subjects typicaly returns rudimentary results. I am so very glad I was able to push you over the edge in your decision and hope that brand spanking new HPI Pro 3 is a perfect fit.
Fasttrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 11:57 AM   #536
Tech Regular

Default SunshineRCMan

If you have any questions in regards to my company and my products, please feel free to email me at
[email protected]

Any questions that you may have, I will be happy to answers.
If you prefer, you can call me on Monday.
Mr Warpspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 12:02 PM   #537
Tech Regular

Default WARPSPEED RACING

Now lets get back to racing.

Ray Huang will be Team Manager for WARPSPEED RACING, and will be representing us. If you have any questions, or need help with anything, please refer to Ray.

Good Luck to all you WARPSPEED Drivers.

Happy Racing.
Mr Warpspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 05:36 PM   #538
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to lazyboy

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug D
lazyboy - I don't understand the problem??? Is the car sagging to one side? How did you determine that the car is light on one side?

well when i was setting droop and ride height i noticed that one side was higher then the other in the rear of the car. i started messing with droop and ride hieght to see if i did something wrong, and that wasnt it, it was still looking the same. then i thought why didnt i see this when i was running stk foam and im guessing either the chassis is twisted or i need to add lead stick on wieght to the chassis?
Trackside hobbies
lazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 06:50 PM   #539
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 244 (99%+)

Check you hinge pins and mounts. Also check your shock tower it may not be screwed all the way down. Also check you diff halfs to see it there screwed down as well
Fred Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 09:15 PM   #540
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Testing for the Champs is coming along well. My Demon is getting faster with every pack. Many thanks to Rob Love for that.

Also-major thank you to Doseck for looking over my Demon for me.

I started the day turning lap times a little slower than the last club race. After four packs and many changes-I dropped my lap times 0.5 faster than last club race. Fleetwood is flying. He's faster than just about everyone right now I think in stock. Hes blowing me away!!

I will know more about my set-up tomorrow. I dont want to get into it yet as its a work in progress.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote