R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-21-2003, 01:24 PM   #511
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thats one of the only openminded comments Ive heard yet....... to go ahead and try them both............or, I guess most everyone could go on stating "hear say" as fact, and this could get turned into the whole redneck "ford vs chevy" iggnorance now obviously, everyone has setup preferences indicative of there own driving style or preference .......and as everyone knows there's no one fits all setup........so there's really no "intelligent" way to say which car will get you around the track the fastest without sufficiently trying them both.......
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:31 PM   #512
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

fastrack and sunshine i have seen bmi's car and so what the batt is closer to the shaft people have been doing that to the stock tub for while now . i am not putting jason down or the company you asked what the differences are and i gave them to you . i did not say the car was a pile of crap if you guys are intrested in the differences between the cars or anything else then buy your own stuff and figure it out on your own.

there is no sega and never will be i havent met jason my only obligation is to victor as i am a warpspeed driver .
i edited my earlier post because i decided aftrwards that it really isnt of anybody elses concern .

the more cars out there the better its just more competition for us and win against.
peace out no saga here its all smlies
Old 11-21-2003, 03:35 PM   #513
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

SunshineRCMan - What are your objectives through your questions? After reading what you wrote you seem to already know the answers to your questions, so why ask them? Maybe to be confrontational???....From what I have read, there is no "saga" and if you have questions about "who" designed what, or how much Victor spent on set-up, I suggest e-mailing Victor. Those questions really have no purpose here on the Demon 1 - 2 forum
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 03:38 PM   #514
Tech Master

Wink

"debate" OVER now lets race!
Old 11-21-2003, 03:43 PM   #515
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to lazyboy
ok i was setting my d1 up for rubber and i noticed that my right rear side where the motor sits is like like super light. and the left rear is right where it should be. if you guys know whast i should do or try please yet me know.
Trackside hobbies
lazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 03:48 PM   #516
Tech Master

lazyboy - I don't understand the problem??? Is the car sagging to one side? How did you determine that the car is light on one side?
Old 11-21-2003, 04:02 PM   #517
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i thank most of you for keeping this clean and not at a personal level.speedxl,i cought your post earlier.i see that you did edit it.good man.that was alot of false statements.i parted ways with victor because of personal reasons that on victors behalf i will keep that to myself.my car has nothing to do with an irs chassis.all the chassis out there are the same shape.just because i didnt flip the batteries to the other side of the car does not make it an irs knock off.in case you didnt know,your beloved demon car was bases off the irs chassis.dont tell me im wrong because i was given an irs chassis to copy.yes i moved the batteries to the other side but that was what victor requested.i left the batteries where they were because as an engineer and after testing,that is where they need to be in order to balance the car under power in a shaft drive car.you can argue with me until your blue in the face but look at the facts.yokomo had the batteries on the same side as the demon,they went to shaft drive and flipped around.tamiya,same deal.in a belt drive car the motor faces th opposite direction.with the way the motor lays in this car,every time you give it the throttle the motor tranfers weight to the outside tire,on my car it transfers weight to the center of the car.if i was making a beltdrive chassis,i would have followed with the mounting position being on the opposite side.
as for challenging my ability as a machinist,i am a machinist/engineer of 15 years and have done projects that make these chassis look like childs play.i run the parts on very expensive ,highly accurate cnc milling machines and lathes.NOT on a drill press
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 04:51 PM   #518
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

As a closing statement to this debate (hopefully), I just want to make a few points here. Jason, I'd like to apologize for any of the guys who have said anything negative about your car. I have no reason to knock it as I have not driven or tested one. Even if you guys have driven the BMI car and not liked it, there is no reason to discredit Jason and his car. There are guys who like his car, that is perfectly fine. And there are guys like us who like the Demon, also fine. As a representative of Warpspeed Racing I'd like to ask those of you who have knocked Jason's car to please keep it to yourself if you feel that way. I hope those guys that run the BMI car will do the same, there is no sense in knocking the Demon car, it is a good car; if you don't like it, too bad, keep it to yourself.

I know that both companies will be represented by several drivers at the upcoming Cleveland Indoor Champs next week. May the better car and drivers win.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 06:05 PM   #519
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

thank you brian.i apologize if i offended anyone.i was just kinda mad.i have never said anything but nice things about you guys and never had a reason to either.it was just that one comment.i am friends with victor and i have no problem with him or his company.i just dont want any wars started for no reason.come to think of it,what did spark up this mud throwing?anyway,good luck to all you warpspeed drivers and to the BMI drivers.they are both great cars and i am sure we will all do well
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 06:11 PM   #520
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

yes brian!!! You are so right. This makes me sick to my stomach to hear anybody down someones elses chassis.

Hey guys,

ONe last week to test set-ups for the Champs. I am running a few packs tomorrow, a whole race day Sunday and another whole day next week (Monday). I'll be timing every run on Jlap as well.

Should be a fun weekend. not to mention I get to watch hara and Spashett and Cyrul, Dumas, Baker.............
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 06:27 PM   #521
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Debating the cars are fine, but don't start a debate on the people who designed the cars. What ever goes on (which is nothing) between Victor and Jason is their own personal business. This is not our business. Don't be so nosey! Just pick the car that you like and drive it. That's it. I have the Demon 1 and it drives really well. I also have the BMI chassis in the mail, so I'll be testing that also. I'll give an unbias comparison of both these chassis later.
Sorry but until someone pays for my hobby, I will investigate and learn all I can about a product before I buy it! This means learning what I can about it's designer, what the modifications are intended for and get a general "feel" for what the product is all about. I want to know for example if one guy is working out of his garage making parts on a belt sander or if it is being machined and assembled at a high tech facility. I didn't know that by asking a few questions anyone would be offended. You all hype your particular cars, I figured there would be some substance behind that hype.

Quote:
SunshineRCMan - What are your objectives through your questions? After reading what you wrote you seem to already know the answers to your questions, so why ask them? Maybe to be confrontational???....From what I have read, there is no "saga" and if you have questions about "who" designed what, or how much Victor spent on set-up, I suggest e-mailing Victor. Those questions really have no purpose here on the Demon 1 - 2 forum
Again my objective is to learn about a product as indepth as I can. And an excellent try on your behalf trying to spin my questions into something they were not intended to be. I think it is VERY important to know who designed what and who is doing what machining on what equipment. Maybe you like to spend your money on a hunk of carbon fiber "milled" on a drill press and "finished" on a belt sander with aluminum parts "machined" with a dremel, but I prefer to ask questions and learn about a product. Having said that I am not saying that either car is made like that, I am trying to make a point regarding quality and purpose. No more no less. When you have been doing this hobby as long as I have, you learn to ask questions and look at the whole picture before jumping in. Every tom, dick & harry thinks he can improve on a design or a product, the difference is only a very small percentage of those "machinists" can actually do the work themselves and better a design. Forgive me for asking the important questions, it seems as though your objective is to avoid the tough questions, maybe you don't want to publicize the answers?
SunshineRCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 07:12 PM   #522
Tech Adept

good luck to all you racers going to the champs
HARLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 08:49 PM   #523
Tech Champion

DISLAIMER:THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH VIC OR JASON

Hey Sunshine RC man,

My brother races enduro Karts in the IKF, WKA, etc. he has won many National Championships, a Duffy, a couple Grand national trophies. I have won a few enduro kart races myself. We have a sweet dedictaed kart shop, we do very good prototype work, extremely high quality fabrication. All we have are set-up tables, vises, a metal break and drill press. And my bros karts look amazing!!! Absolutley trick!!! from the pristine wiring of his DA system to the sweet bodywork and belly pan.

Not a CNC machine in sight. So all I am saying is-look at someones finished work and judge it by that. I thnk your gonna be sadly amazed to see how many "big names" in RC racing dont have a shop worthy of Penske!!!

I for one found your level of questioning as a bit strange!!!

Am I alone?
Ray
Old 11-21-2003, 08:51 PM   #524
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by HARLEY
good luck to all you racers going to the champs
Nerves-oh the nerves!!! I am so pumped. I am ready to do my very best!!! And with some luck-raise my game a few notches-even if just for ONE run of my life!!!! preferably in the third qualifier-not the rocket round...hahaha!!!

Ray Huang
Old 11-21-2003, 10:12 PM   #525
Tech Rookie

Quote:
DISLAIMER:THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH VIC OR JASON

Hey Sunshine RC man,

My brother races enduro Karts in the IKF, WKA, etc. he has won many National Championships, a Duffy, a couple Grand national trophies. I have won a few enduro kart races myself. We have a sweet dedictaed kart shop, we do very good prototype work, extremely high quality fabrication. All we have are set-up tables, vises, a metal break and drill press. And my bros karts look amazing!!! Absolutley trick!!! from the pristine wiring of his DA system to the sweet bodywork and belly pan.

Not a CNC machine in sight. So all I am saying is-look at someones finished work and judge it by that. I thnk your gonna be sadly amazed to see how many "big names" in RC racing dont have a shop worthy of Penske!!!

I for one found your level of questioning as a bit strange!!!

Am I alone?
Ray
See this is the kind of thing I do not understand. You have no tools of the trade yet you do "Absolutley trick" work. I have been around full size auto racing all my life. I have to ask you, how are you bending that tubing for those karts? And how are you notching the tubing for a perfect weld joint? In fact, with no welder how are you completeing those karts? Sweet bodywork with no bead roller, radius roller, shrinker-stretcher, english wheel or any other sheet metal tools? You find my questions strange and I find your reply entirely odd. I just wanted to know where these products were coming from and who is making them. I feel you are all making too big a thing out of my questions.
And just so you know, thanks to a neighbor of mine whom I race with and is into these aftermarket carbon chassis kits, I am looking at an aftermarket chassis right now, finsihed work as you put it, and I am not going to say which companies car it is, but I can tell you that it looks at though an old dutch cobbler halted work on a pair of wooden shoes and whipped this item out.
SunshineRCMan is offline   Reply With Quote