R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-16-2003, 08:13 PM   #436
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Cool C main at Florida State Series

let's say I qualified 3rd and Stephen Baker was 4th and I finished 3rd !
But I scratched up one of your beautiful paint jobs!
flbugboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 08:19 PM   #437
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

John, a little bird told us last night that you were ahead of the kid!! Lynn says no problem on the paint job (job security, she will paint another for you)
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 08:24 PM   #438
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

I wondered how John got such a nice looking shell....
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 08:28 PM   #439
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tim, Johnny G is famous for his paint jobs!!!!!!!! Real bright colors and big drips all over them He is one of Lynn's best customers. Will see you at the regionals (your staying with US?? right???)
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 08:37 PM   #440
Tech Regular

Default Seth's race report

Today was overall a good day. But I had some good luck and quite a bit of bad. Setup wise I ended up with the F block in the rear, with the R+2+2 block and losi half degree hubs for 1.5 degree toe. Made the car much more stable exiting the corner but had more rotation and snap through it. I may try the long wheelbase this comming sunday, but its down to crunch time for setups. I leave the tuesday after next for cleveland and I have one race day before I go! Ahh! Car ran very good today, qual second in the A but had serious glitching in the main. managed to finish second, but I was faster than the first place car. Now in 12th that was a disaster. Car ran terrible today! I have the old skool front end parts on order and I will try those this sunday but the car was slooooow in the corners. I need to just go out this weekend and practice. I may even skip sunday races for an all day practice on saturday. I did add a lap to my demon time...my fastest is now 42 5:04... 4 tenths off the tq today! Well I will talk with you later.
-Seth
Mr Warpspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 10:07 PM   #441
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to tnstantheman
Default hello all

hello what differences to you find running the NTC# steering obver the rack steering?I will have my demon soon so i would like to know whats up? also is it about the same setup at the tc3 tub are do i need to change something i run carpet onroad OZITE at alcoa Tn My current setup is great i was just wondering what you Pros have found out in you convertions ..Thanks Stan
tnstantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 10:24 PM   #442
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to tnstantheman
Default rayhuang

hello rayhuang What kind of battery bar is that? on the demon looks good. what diffs are you guys running .Is the demon alot lighter than the tub are heavyer . I run my car stiff as a board
whites and 80 wt oil on smooth ozite does anyone run on ozite and can they part with a setup [email protected]
tnstantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 10:27 PM   #443
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by lmunno
Hey Johnny G., How outstanding was it??? How did you do??
I didnt race much, was to busy behind the mic calling the races. My Demon was planted, i just need to learn how to drive to keep up with these guys.

Howard did a 180 from yesturday and was hooked up today! He ran the D1 and D2 and had the field covered all day! Oliver did great aswell, he made for a very exciting race for me to call!

Great Job guys and way to represent!

Peace....
John G.
R/C HEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 02:57 AM   #444
Tech Addict

Talking

@HH: Great pick up! (on a scale from 1-10, how satisfying was that?!?)

@Stephen Baker: Setup? Please?
Old 11-17-2003, 06:36 AM   #445
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

What does the D2 conversion kit come with?

What are the differences between the Demon and D2?
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 06:49 AM   #446
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default differences

Quote:
Originally posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
What does the D2 conversion kit come with?

What are the differences between the Demon and D2?
The Demon chassis is drilled with the standard wheelbase length. The D2 is made with a slightly shorter wheelbase for an overall quicker turning car. Both kits come with the main chassis plate, top deck, battery brace, aluminum motor mount, and all the aluminum standoffs needed for the top deck and chassis/diff braces. As well as the screws that are needed. Everything else comes straight off your TC3. If your in the market for a new ride, this is the one to buy.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 07:43 AM   #447
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by OleC
@HH: Great pick up! (on a scale from 1-10, how satisfying was that?!?)
It was about a 9 if I got into both A's it would have been a 10 +

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 08:52 AM   #448
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

What's up guys I had a pretty good weekend. I finished 3rd in the A in 19t out of about 15 people. The first qual. the car ran great . The secound qual the car had areal bad on power push, but then I remembered in the first qual. I had abad head on col. with another car on the secound lap, when I picked the car up after the race the front sway bar was off. So the 3rd qual. I ran without the front swaybar and the car was hooked up,but I had motor problems, the brush was hanging up in the hood wich made it hesitate. Befor the main I couldn't get the motor back up to speed so I had to borrow a 19t motor wich was slower than the rest of the feild. But if Scott wouldn't have loaned me a motor I couldn't have ran the main so I can't complain. We run on carpet, I run a oneway with purple spring's all the way around with a swaybar in the back.Back;F block r+3-0, shocks middle on tower and out on arm, camber long and up,45wt oil, Front; gt steering rack, F block F-0, rear shock tower with shocks in on arm and middle on tower,70wt oil, camber up and in,1* toe in, 4* caster blocks, short wheelbase,plaids in the front and double purples in the back. Stephen were you in the c main Did you ask your dad if you could come up for the Norca Nats.

Last edited by R.Fenstermacher; 11-17-2003 at 09:44 AM.
R.Fenstermacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 09:01 AM   #449
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Re: hello all

Quote:
Originally posted by tnstantheman
hello what differences to you find running the NTC# steering obver the rack steering?I will have my demon soon so i would like to know whats up? also is it about the same setup at the tc3 tub are do i need to change something i run carpet onroad OZITE at alcoa Tn My current setup is great i was just wondering what you Pros have found out in you convertions ..Thanks Stan
Your set-up should be spot on from the TC3 to the D1 conversion. I am runing the NTC3 rack because I think its the best in terms of reliability and smoothness. It doesnt get dirty and bind-up nor does it have much slop. Its all good.

The strap on my car is a Warpspeed aluminum one. I dont put extra shrinkwrap on my cells, therefore they sit lower in the car. This strap works for me.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 09:03 AM   #450
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Ran the car yesterday for the first time. Extremely smooth and easy to drive. Played around with set up's all day and ended up qualifying 2nd, but get clobbered in the main. I have one more warm-up race next weekend. I will post my set up then.

Anybody thinking about trying one of these conversion should definitely do so. Car is night and day.

As I have stated before. If you are running the stock milled tub chassis............. Get a top deck. It is an inexpensive way to make your car handle better and hold tweak.

Doseck's car was absolutely "AWESOME" yesterday. He is running very well in modified. Cleveland should be very interesting this year...

Hats off to Victor at Warpspeed for making great products.