PaZ
Tech Master

ahhh cheers yea its into ally mounts.
CT Race Bodies
PaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 03:05 AM   #2537
PaZ
Tech Master

I got a small problem with me warpspeed ever since the day i built it the whole rear outdrive spur etc is angled down? i have tried to use spacers to angle the diff case to straighten it but its still angled. Also the bearing infront of the spur doesnt fit properly into the warpspeed ally mount and when i clamp it down like i did on my TC3 the whole drive stops. Any advise?

Thanks Adam
CT Race Bodies
Old 03-07-2005, 04:03 AM   #2538
Tech Master

They went out of buisness for a reason now you know what it was. Inferior quality.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:11 AM   #2539
PaZ
Tech Master

great
CT Race Bodies
Old 03-07-2005, 04:16 AM   #2540
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by PaZ
I got a small problem with me warpspeed ever since the day i built it the whole rear outdrive spur etc is angled down? i have tried to use spacers to angle the diff case to straighten it but its still angled. Also the bearing infront of the spur doesnt fit properly into the warpspeed ally mount and when i clamp it down like i did on my TC3 the whole drive stops. Any advise?

Thanks Adam
Did you check the diff cases? Maybe there is a flaw in those cases which explains why you cant screw the bearing near the spur.
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 04:20 AM   #2541
PaZ
Tech Master

nope i fitted new diff cases when i built it, i thought it might have been them so i put my spares in and no change thanks for the input anyway
CT Race Bodies
Old 03-07-2005, 04:25 AM   #2542
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by PaZ

Thanks Adam

I used a .375 drum on my dremel to enlarge the bearing spot in the motor mount, favor the side needed in order to help straighten out the input shaft in reference to the center shaft.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:25 AM   #2543
Tech Elite

Default hmmmmmm...........

Is that brand new when you got it?
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 04:38 AM   #2544
PaZ
Tech Master

Yep the Demon was brand new when i got it i just took everything of my TC3 and put it onto the Demon. Appart from the cases as i said where new.

As the whole output shaft is angled down towards the bottom, theres about 3mm gap if i hold the shaft straight. So if i cut a small amount off the bottom of the diff case would that lower the diff and raise the angle of the outdrive. I Have used spacers the raise the rear of the diff case to lower the angle which i have a bit but its not enough.
CT Race Bodies
Old 03-07-2005, 11:01 AM   #2545
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Paz - I'd have to see a picture to know if this is the same problem I had or not but, I was told by Victor of Warpspeed that the guy who made the motor mounts, made the part that holds the bearing too narrow so the bearing didn't sit all the way down in the mount. You have to remove a small amount of material from the sides to get the bearing to seat properly. Once I did that, the shaft angle was corrected and the bearing cap didn't cause any more binding.
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:59 PM   #2546
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Speedie
They went out of buisness for a reason now you know what it was. Inferior quality.
Speedie the company didnt go out of business. Please stop the slandering.
The company was sold. If you have issues they are your own. The car is an excellant car .

Paz you may have some of the parts that were machined by BMI. They were subcontracted to do the aluminum pieces at one time and warpspeed recieved a couple bad pieces in a batch.
Take your dremel and rework the bearing seat and your drive line sould align correctly. There should be no binding.
Warpspeed machined the graphite in house, they never did the aluminum pieces. It was all farmed out.
Dont shy away from the car it is a great handling car.
If you do decide to go with something else Try an Mi2!
Old 03-07-2005, 01:15 PM   #2547
N4S
Tech Fanatic

A Little double standard on the slander ................ BMI machined parts for victor years ago. Victor used about every tom dick and harry on the planet to machine his parts........ Quality on the demon when it first came out was great. I myself ran one and loved it. Then came the " farm out " of the aluminum and since the same person was not doing it all , there was a compromise in the quality. Bottom line is if it wasnt right it shouldnt have been sold in the kit . No matter who did the machining. Not trying to throw fuel in the fire but these are the facts . I could go into detail as to why the parts were made by so many people , but there isnt any reason to kick a dead horse..................Paz Try to shim the motor mount and bearring holder up with a few motor shims. sounds wierd , but i know a guy i race with had to do it and it seems to have worked for him. good luck with it.
N4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 02:34 PM   #2548
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by N4S
A Little double standard on the slander ................ BMI machined parts for victor years ago. Victor used about every tom dick and harry on the planet to machine his parts........ Quality on the demon when it first came out was great. I myself ran one and loved it. Then came the " farm out " of the aluminum and since the same person was not doing it all , there was a compromise in the quality. Bottom line is if it wasnt right it shouldnt have been sold in the kit . No matter who did the machining. Not trying to throw fuel in the fire but these are the facts . I could go into detail as to why the parts were made by so many people , but there isnt any reason to kick a dead horse..................Paz Try to shim the motor mount and bearring holder up with a few motor shims. sounds wierd , but i know a guy i race with had to do it and it seems to have worked for him. good luck with it.
Not at all. i said a couple pieces were messed up! What the reason is I dont know. The fact is what I have based on Victor discussions with me. I would imagine when making and selling hundreds of cars it would be possible to mis a few improperly machined parts.
As well informed as you are I am friends with victor and have knowledge based on our conversations on certain matters.
Nothing slanderous by stating a couple pieces went thru unditechted!
I wasnt slandering Jason with bmi, just mentioned what might have occurred with paz's situation.

Jason makes excellant cars, but everyone can make a mistake once in awhile. He does really nice work!
Old 03-07-2005, 03:45 PM   #2549
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hector,you need to stop name dropping.victor never machined anything in house,he is not a machinist,engineer or what ever other crap he told you.i have never put out a bad parts for victor.if he told you that it is just another one of his lies.look at my track record and look at his.and sold his business?what business?where did it go hector?is this another lie of his?dont you see the pattern?if not ,your one of the only ones.i take great offense to victor blaming his incompetence on everyone else.he put himself out of business.you dont need to buy a company name if it is a fictitious business.he told me the same crap about selling his business.easy way to call it quits.
J Concepts

Last edited by protc3; 03-07-2005 at 03:57 PM.
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 04:04 PM   #2550
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

also hector,i only did maybe at most 10 kits for victor before the door hit him in the a$$
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote