R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-23-2004, 11:16 PM   #2041
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

well after me switching to the Demon 1 chassis i got alot faster..BUT...that was after running the Barracuda R2 with Rubber tires to the Tc3 conversion with foams...BUT...i can say that i have run a tc3 here before the Cuda with foams and i can keep up with the fastest fully sponsored guys here for the most part...my driving limits me
Old 04-24-2004, 09:16 PM   #2042
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Jayjp

I have to say, the more that I race the D1 the more I like it
Tonight I qualified 2nd and finished 3rd in the A. I had second locked but on the last turn I got some crazy traction (out of no where ) but all in all it was a great race!

Oh Yeah, I also had the fastest lap time of the night
Jayjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 10:32 PM   #2043
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing

im racing Asphalt tommorrow for first time in 4 months Hope bring the GOld tommorrow guys
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 10:40 PM   #2044
Tech Elite

i ran my D1 Friday night with first time me running a 19 turn....the car handles awesome. i took TQ out of the few people that ran since 19 turn foam isnt big by us yet. i was running as fast of laps as i have been with my 11 single so i have to work on setup more...the car was really easy to drive and i might add that putting the wheelbase to its shortest setting gives the faster lap times in many occasions on this chassis( the inner wheelbase adjustment). in the main the local Team Schmacher driver ran with us he won but my lap times were the same as his whereas just months ago i was a good second a lap slower...this Warpspeed definately is nice. i was recently reading about raising the shock towers up also and didnt do that but i will keep you guys posted on my findings
Old 04-24-2004, 10:43 PM   #2045
Tech Elite

yea, I didnt raise the shock tower might try but not in my plans. Im excited to race against some "pros" tommorrow for an early Pre-world practice
Old 04-24-2004, 10:44 PM   #2046
Tech Elite

*Puts lucky Socks ready for tommorrow*

g2g, waking up 6:45am tommorrow its 12:45
Old 04-26-2004, 10:32 PM   #2047
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default the week end

so how did everyone do ?????

I did so so in our 19t silver cup race the times were tight. I ended up in the B main but will have it strapped up by the reedy race

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:36 PM   #2048
Tech Elite

I did awful.... had fastest lap of day for a period of time. The first qualifier I hit the Curb So hard i chunked the concrete Curb and tweaked my car stepped off.

2nd qual didnt race because after i hit my car(1st qual) My steering Rack got messed up. By Time i figured it out it was over

3rd I was all ready w/ my Ntc3 rack and I saw i put the wrong part of the normal Tc3 rack in the Ntc3 rack and when i tried mounting Diff cases the Ntc3 rack was too high... So didnt race Main

But after it was fixed and I practiced against the TQ guy and i was up w/ him. Setup sucked, Car sucked. Not bad for first in 4 months
Old 04-26-2004, 11:11 PM   #2049
Tech Elite

nice job Ariel
Old 04-27-2004, 07:01 AM   #2050
Tech Elite

Old 04-27-2004, 07:19 AM   #2051
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson

Whats up guys? I am looking for a good asphalt setup for the D1 I just got my chassis with all the goodies and am getting ready to build it up. Any setup tips and suggestions would be great in building the car as I am getting ready for Nats. Thank you
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 09:06 AM   #2052
Tech Elite

hi dgullickson, i cant help out much here, im also in search of an asphalt setup for the D1...itll be my first time racing on asphalt
Old 04-27-2004, 07:33 PM   #2053
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Race Report

Sunday we had a shootout for the $100 Silver Cup trophy in 19T and Pro Mod. I ran my D2 in the 19T class. We had about 30 guys signed up. I ran the first heat a little down on HP but had a clean run which was good because I got spun and T-boned in the second qual and broke. My car was really good last week but I had a small problem with a low speed push so I replaced the wide BRP rear bumper with the stock one and added a swaybar in the rear. That did the trick. The car was DIALED! In two laps, I went from 7th to 3rd and was on the heals of one of the best racers in Southern Cal...this guy won the Reedy Race two years ago. I was feeling pretty good at that moment...BUT I had a bad glitch right from the start of the race that just got worse as the race went on. I ended up fourth behind a guy who's sponsored by Schumacher (Don V. - congrats on winning the Silver Cup), a Losi sponsored driver and another soon to be Losi sponsored driver. Not bad considering my limited sponsorship and talent . Every week I spend with this car gets me more excited about the upcoming Reedy Race. The first step to winning is believing you can. This car is really building my confidence. Given my past performance at the last two Reedy Races (G main 2002, F main 2003), I felt it would be a major accomplishment if I made the C main. I may end up in the F again, but honestly this car makes me feel like I can make the A. I'm starting too believe
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:17 AM   #2054
Tech Regular

I have noticed people mentioning spools and oneways. I have just bough a FT TC3 and am hunting around for a d1. My question is what is a spool? Im nearly 100% sure my car has a one way init so I would like to know where I can purchase the spool from?

What are the advantages of the Warpspeed diff cases?

Also I noted on the website that there is two columns of prices one for list and one for racers? what is the difference? Who is eligible for either?
Mossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:42 AM   #2055
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Mossie,
The Warpspeed cases are milled for any steering rack, they also have heli-coils inserts instead of plastic threads. They are already clearanced for your bearings.
e-mail Mr. Warpspeed for more info.

Last edited by tmunno; 04-28-2004 at 12:59 AM.
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote