R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-22-2004, 11:11 AM   #2026
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Victor, are you coming down to race this weekend? Chris could get some wheel time in before the next state race. Ocala is only 3/4 weeks away. We will be in Ocala on Sat./Sunday(May 15/16 )for that race. Give us a call tonight.
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 03:32 PM   #2027
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Racer_Chick Send a message via MSN to Racer_Chick

Burbs -
I ran oval w/my D1 not too long ago and it handled fine. There's a few other guys that run oval w/their cars and are pretty competitive in the touring class.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:14 PM   #2028
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

yeah i agree it would work fine..... but with the new class they are making chassis with super wide left side slots like pan cars...

check out the photos here www.triclone.com this is where i run all summer 365 foot runline

out here things cant work ok.... either they do or dont.. its that competitiive... with the high banks u need everything working good... carpet would be different...... on carpet a stock demon would work plenty good...
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 04:18 PM   #2029
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing

dude, thats some neat Place
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 04:23 PM   #2030
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

yeah it kinda sucks to we have all of that room... i am an oval racer by trade, but i love sednas to.. we try to get people to show up for parking lot racing.. (its smooth to) and no one does... so it has been just oval... hopefully this year we can change that
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:09 AM   #2031
Tech Regular

Default Race Report from Hector WARPSPEED TEAM Driver

my finish at the state race.

this weekend started out rough, the track was set up in a europen fashion with high speed sweepers and constant turning, only one staight section. The track was very flowing( wish i colud have used the oneway! they are illigal now) i had i high speed corner entry problem the cars rear end would not rotate i tried sway bar changes and spring and toe changes every adjustment got me closer. but not good enough i started to experiment with roll center changes after the first 2 round of qualifing i was tenth on the grid in 19t mod A main we had one more round on sunday before the mains. I stayed late on saturday to practice and tune the car.
i like to thank furman walker for the help!
I ended up making the rear camber link short and lower! now the car was dialed.
sunday morning first round started, I my qualifier went well i ended up second on the grid but got bumped to fourth after the next group that was okay. second row is good.
after the resort i was showing 10th on the grid i went to find out why? they said that i never checked my car in after the race. rather then argue with the tech guys i said okay no problem.
just so happens a couple of my racer buddies said that they remember me walking up to tech with the car and putting it on the tech table.
I put it behind and said what ever!
set my car up and started the race from the tenth spot my car was fast and on the money i worked my way up to fourth but ran out of time. after the race i checked my laps times compared to the winner alex lopez and noticed i was 1 to 2 tenths faster per lap! all in all it was a good run victor the key thing is i had a fun race. I did win the 12 scale 19t mod
A main. i report next week.

ooah some guy wanted to buy the car after the race so i told him i would check with and let him know.

thanks vic ! hector garcia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
when everything fails aim for the quarter panel!

organizer
U.S. PANCAR CHAMPIONSHIPS!
12 scale for life!
Team Warpspeed factory team.
PRC Quad 12 factory team.
irt #160 rctech subscriber#40
Mr Warpspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:11 AM   #2032
Tech Regular

Default WARPSPEED RACING

Way to go Hector! Great Job!

As always, keep up the continued good work.
Mr Warpspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 09:15 AM   #2033
Tech Regular

Hi I have just got a factory TC3. Why should I get the demon conversion, i.e. what advantages does it have. I race onroad at several different tracks which one should I get the d1 or the d2?
Mossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 09:33 AM   #2034
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Re: Race Report from Hector WARPSPEED TEAM Driver

Hector,

What car did you run-the D1 or D2?

Can you post your set-up if ists a D1?

Thanks,
Ray

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Warpspeed
my finish at the state race.

this weekend started out rough, the track was set up in a europen fashion with high speed sweepers and constant turning, only one staight section. The track was very flowing( wish i colud have used the oneway! they are illigal now) i had i high speed corner entry problem the cars rear end would not rotate i tried sway bar changes and spring and toe changes every adjustment got me closer. but not good enough i started to experiment with roll center changes after the first 2 round of qualifing i was tenth on the grid in 19t mod A main we had one more round on sunday before the mains. I stayed late on saturday to practice and tune the car.
i like to thank furman walker for the help!
I ended up making the rear camber link short and lower! now the car was dialed.
sunday morning first round started, I my qualifier went well i ended up second on the grid but got bumped to fourth after the next group that was okay. second row is good.
after the resort i was showing 10th on the grid i went to find out why? they said that i never checked my car in after the race. rather then argue with the tech guys i said okay no problem.
just so happens a couple of my racer buddies said that they remember me walking up to tech with the car and putting it on the tech table.
I put it behind and said what ever!
set my car up and started the race from the tenth spot my car was fast and on the money i worked my way up to fourth but ran out of time. after the race i checked my laps times compared to the winner alex lopez and noticed i was 1 to 2 tenths faster per lap! all in all it was a good run victor the key thing is i had a fun race. I did win the 12 scale 19t mod
A main. i report next week.

ooah some guy wanted to buy the car after the race so i told him i would check with and let him know.

thanks vic ! hector garcia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
when everything fails aim for the quarter panel!

organizer
U.S. PANCAR CHAMPIONSHIPS!
12 scale for life!
Team Warpspeed factory team.
PRC Quad 12 factory team.
irt #160 rctech subscriber#40
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 12:28 PM   #2035
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Racer_Chick Send a message via MSN to Racer_Chick

Hector - Great job! Looking forward to running at Jack's. I would have liked to have gone to CS, but I wanted to try out offroad (and where better than the Losi race? lol.)

Mossie - If you're a new driver, I'd recommend the D1. The D2 has a shorter wheelbase than the D1 or the FT TC3 and from what I've heard is a little bit harder to drive (Comments from the D2 guys on this one would be appreciated!!!!) I've been driving the D1 now since December and I love it. I think it's so much easier to drive than the FT TC3 and a lot more responsive. My .02
Old 04-23-2004, 01:45 PM   #2036
Tech Elite

ray it was the d-2 but i did try the d-1 and it was fat as well but i wanted to take advantage of the short drive shaft this will work on the d-1 the only difference is rear spring rate.

font sway bar team kit stock
front springs blue
45 wt oil #2 piston
5 mm ride hieght
2 mm droop at ride hieght
upper shock middle hole
bottom on the out side
2 deg caster blocks
losi steering arms
f-0 kick up
nitro steering rack ( since it was high speed i wanted smooth steering)
1 deg toe out
2mm glued aschim for bump steer on steering arm to have some lock to keep the wheels from wobling inducing drag in the high speed sweepers.
also used a front spool.
rear shock tower up front.
front canmber link long and up!

rear spring silver
R 2-2
factory team kit stock sway bar.
shock middle hole
45 wt oil
#2 piston
associted hubs
camber link down and short (lower outter)
ride hight 5.5 mm
droop at ride hight 2mm

Ray the change in roll center was to allow the car to rotate going into the corner without having to lift off on the throttle completly, thus keeping corner speed high.

pending on the surface of your track if its slightly bumpy i had blue springs on the rear also because in the middle of the sweeper there was a dip and the car would bottom out and get squirly.
they smooth it out over night and I went back to silver.

is this for the track you had in the pics for the pancar! if it is this should be the hot ticket!
Old 04-23-2004, 01:50 PM   #2037
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing

Hector a Friend of mine is talking serious Smack About me not racing At TQHobbies so next week i might go and race. My problem I dont have a Setup, Mind Showing me your setup for TQ Hobbies track? Thanks man
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 02:13 PM   #2038
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

hector-you got it-its for that track in the pic. I really dont want to runanythng but pan car down there-but I know too many guys running on-road not to run against them!!!

On the spool-would locking down a IRS diff be enough?. It will slip a bit-but I dont think the traction is that great at that track and they run stock motors. So it will probably only slip when i hit a wall-and thats good.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 02:48 PM   #2039
Tech Elite

ray lock down the diff tight as you can it will actully be more forgiving that way so you wont damage youre axles and the effect is almost the same. good luck

ariel
my t q set up!
blue springs up front and silvers in the rear the same as the post for ray but the rear block is r 3 2 and the camber link long and high and the droop front and rear at ride hide hiegt is 2.5 mm front 3.5 rear.
since you dont have to run spec tires run the take off 22 those worked for me on the friday nite clubrace. good luck.
Old 04-23-2004, 05:41 PM   #2040
Tech Master

Mossie, Racer_Chick and my wife Lynn both got faster and better after switiching to a D1 over the stock tub chassis. I am next in line in this family to convert to a D1. The D1 seems to fit their style of driving much better then the stock tub version. Hope you get one.
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote