R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-15-2004, 03:01 PM   #1711
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing
Default Re: transmission cases

Quote:
Originally posted by diskostew
Does anybody know where to buy these in So Cal? Or where can i order them...

Thanks in advance guys!
Email Victor
[email protected]. Hope this helps
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 05:24 PM   #1712
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default D2 debut

I ran my D2 in competition for the first time yesterday in expert stock. The car handled great but it felt just a little sluggest around mid corner but even down on Horsepower I went from 8th to third. I bobbled and ended up fourth but the car felt great. I wanted to see what a difference a one-way would make so I added one and tested it during the practice session before the mains and it made a fast car, ballistic. I was all smiles for the main but before I could get my car off the track, someone nailed me in the right front wheel. The car didn't handle badly after that but wasn't quite the same and was making a strange sound. when I spun the wheels...only went one revolution before stopping. Unfortunately, I had left my tools at home so had to run a backup car. Really disappointing but finished third in the Main. I'll get em next time. D2 rocks!
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 05:38 PM   #1713
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree!! I ran my D1 all day in mod foam tire carpet at RPM in Orlando. The car was really good, but then I ran my D2 Sat morning. It was a brand new car that I built just for foam and it has been sitting in my closet for like 6 months. I was blown away by how awesome this car is. I was on power almost everywhere with an 8X2!!! Unreal. I had the main won on Sat night and dumped on the last lap. Very pleased would be an understatement.
Art Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 05:41 PM   #1714
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by MUFFIN
I agree!! I ran my D1 all day in mod foam tire carpet at RPM in Orlando. The car was really good, but then I ran my D2 Sat morning. It was a brand new car that I built just for foam and it has been sitting in my closet for like 6 months. I was blown away by how awesome this car is. I was on power almost everywhere with an 8X2!!! Unreal. I had the main won on Sat night and dumped on the last lap. Very pleased would be an understatement.
You were a Bullet on saturday. Didn't know that was a demon2. It handled very well.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:50 PM   #1715
Tech Master

Thanks Ariel. I was driving better than I ever have this weekend. I guess three straight 15+ hour days of practice will do that for you. I had the car adjusted to be about 1/4 inch shorter than a standard tc3 (or D1). Other than that, it was Rayhaung's (Doseck's) setup with a rear bar and double pink/ double pink orange tires. Loved being there with you guys this weekend.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:59 PM   #1716
Tech Elite

yea im going back this weekend. Tweak my car out more. ... But I need To buy tires, Not good not having a job paying $16 pair for foams
Old 03-15-2004, 06:04 PM   #1717
Tech Master

Just ask Ferman for some tires when you get there. He will sell you some cheap. I ran tires all the way down to the rim this weekend. The setup I gave you will work good, even with tires that are too small!!
Old 03-15-2004, 06:10 PM   #1718
Tech Elite

Will Ferman be there again this week? Yea i know it will work. might try Mod this week
Old 03-15-2004, 06:30 PM   #1719
Tech Master

I thought he said he would be. I know he is getting ready for the carpet nats.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:32 PM   #1720
Tech Elite

Cool, Thanks If know someone selling a good Mod Motor Maybe 10x Let me know. Thanks ALot Art Will let you know how Setup Works
Old 03-16-2004, 09:28 AM   #1721
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

dot man somewhere in the earlier posts on this thread i cant remember but i know somewhere in the first 6 pages are posted my d-2 setting if not i will post them later i dont have my set up book here at work with me. also muffin has a good set up as well note you need to maount the body a 1/4 inch forward and also move the wing about 1/2 inch further forward then normal because the car being shorter the body acts like a long tail baody and the car will have a bad aero push. ( thats is being the major tuning device for the d-2) good luck we are here to help if you have any other questions.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:02 AM   #1722
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info. I chose the Losi Alpha because it has a shorter wheelbase than the Protoform bodies. I'll try your changes but the car was already pretty dialed with a diff but with a one-way it was awesome. The difference in feel could just be the fact that I'm used to one-ways so running a diff feels a little sluggish to me. Can't hurt to try it though
Old 03-16-2004, 03:43 PM   #1723
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

dotman thats cool we just had to run the diff or spool because the state series outlawed them here plus we were having setup woes that were corrected and oneways would have been crazy fast.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:53 PM   #1724
Tech Elite

hector You ever heading to RPM?
Old 03-16-2004, 04:02 PM   #1725
Tech Elite

I understand. I appreciate the info because the Reedy Race is coming up and they also outlawed one-ways so I will be testing the car with a spool and a 19T next time out. Now I have something to try if the car doesn't respond well to adding a spool. I just hope I get in. I'd really like to see what the D2 will do against a top field of racers.