Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warpspeed Demon and Demon 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 07:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thats why I am asking. I can be very brand loyal abut purchases so I am wondering if people who drive HPI cars are brand loyal to certain companies. Wouldnt make sense to make a part for any car if people only buy brand A!!!

I think a good example would be if I were to make a chassis for the Pro4 thats a improvement over the stock chassis, priced competitively, but everyone buys the Kai instead-not because its better-but because its made by Kai. Do I make any sense?

Ray
Old 03-04-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
Thats why I am asking. I can be very brand loyal abut purchases so I am wondering if people who drive HPI cars are brand loyal to certain companies. Wouldnt make sense to make a part for any car if people only buy brand A!!!

I think a good example would be if I were to make a chassis for the Pro4 thats a improvement over the stock chassis, priced competitively, but everyone buys the Kai instead-not because its better-but because its made by Kai. Do I make any sense?

Ray
I think this concept has already been proven. Warpspeed, etc have been making chassis for the xrays and the tc3s and they sell like crazy. Where do you get that everyone is brand loyal? A lot of what sells in RC is looks. The Kai chassis looks different and to some people that's a plus.

If you can make an improved chassis it will definately sell. We all love to mod our cars.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:55 AM
Tech Champion

I have no preconceived notions-you have to understand theres NO money for a small guy doing this stuff-its all about the "passion" and making something thats "faster". But you dont want to lose money either. So you have to be very careful about what you do. Sure-you might sell 10 or 20 of them, maybe even a 100 if they caught on world wide, but once youve saturated the market-your pretty much out of business on that platform.

So call this market analysis, testing the waters, putting the feelers out, risk analysis. quaity Carbon Fibers expensive-you dont want to waste it.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

I have no preconceived notions-you have to understand theres NO money for a small guy doing this stuff-its all about the "passion" and making something thats "faster". But you dont want to lose money either. So you have to be very careful about what you do. Sure-you might sell 10 or 20 of them, maybe even a 100 if they caught on world wide, but once youve saturated the market-your pretty much out of business on that platform.

So call this market analysis, testing the waters, putting the feelers out, risk analysis. quaity Carbon Fibers expensive-you dont want to waste it.
While you're thinking about it, someone else is already doing it.

You make a few and if they sell, great, if they don't then you're not out a lot of money.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
While you're thinking about it, someone else is already doing it.

You make a few and if they sell, great, if they don't then you're not out a lot of money.
Good chatting with you. Answer me this-do you have a pro4 and does the chassis need replacing with something stiffer? Does it have an achilles heal (i.e. delamintes easily in a crash-screws pull through in impact, too flexible for high bite carpet/foam racing?).

Thanks,
Ray
Old 03-04-2004, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Good chatting with you. Answer me this-do you have a pro4 and does the chassis need replacing with something stiffer? Does it have an achilles heal (i.e. delamintes easily in a crash-screws pull through in impact, too flexible for high bite carpet/foam racing?).

Thanks,
Ray
No i don't have a pro 4 but if you want to make parts for the cuda r2/r3, i wouldn't complain.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

I hear ya!! I am such a tech geek-I'd make a custom chassis for everything just to see if I/we could improve every car on the market-hahahaha!!! Too bad I am not prosperous enough to do that!!
Old 03-04-2004, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

awol soldier i think what ray is trying to say is if you own a pro 4 would you like for someone to offer a stronger chassis doesnt mean modified or hacked just simply one of a stronger matierial that wont come apart.flake or chunk, and delaminate like the mass produce chassis they make! what the majority of manufactures do is use cheeper and poor quality graphite to keep cost lower, and their profit is higher! you cant blame them they need to make a living their team drivers do get the good stuff "higher grade" warpspeed does offer a better grade
chassis if if there is something that can be improved upon our team drivers will test it before its released to you the race "consumer" we dont want to sell a product full of hype! we want you to have a product that will help you win by achieving better performance and a piece of mind that you didnt purchase garbage! and if you are just wanting to have fun a realiable chassis!
Old 03-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

i think It does need stiffer chassis. ive seen about 3 Pro4's in first run Strip there spurs. I dont know if its flex of chassis or what. But It has to do something with the Chassis or something in that area. When the pro4 Crashes people Strip gears.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by speedxl
awol soldier i think what ray is trying to say is if you own a pro 4 would you like for someone to offer a stronger chassis doesnt mean modified or hacked just simply one of a stronger matierial that wont come apart.flake or chunk, and delaminate like the mass produce chassis they make! what the majority of manufactures do is use cheeper and poor quality graphite to keep cost lower, and their profit is higher! you cant blame them they need to make a living their team drivers do get the good stuff "higher grade" warpspeed does offer a better grade
chassis if if there is something that can be improved upon our team drivers will test it before its released to you the race "consumer" we dont want to sell a product full of hype! we want you to have a product that will help you win by achieving better performance and a piece of mind that you didnt purchase garbage! and if you are just wanting to have fun a realiable chassis!
I know what he's talking about, i'm not stupid. Get a cuda R3 if you want quality graphite. That's the only kit i know with that type of carbon fiber.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

speedxl YGPM
Old 03-04-2004, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

dude! i wasnt calling you stupid but if you feel like it then congrats!
Old 03-04-2004, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by speedxl
dude! i wasnt calling you stupid but if you feel like it then congrats!
Actually that post you made assumes nobody knows how things work when that isn't the case. I don't want to get in a flame fest so i'll just drop the issue now.
Old 03-04-2004, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Alright enough of this stuff

Fuzzy,

You have a PM about the spring perch...
Old 03-04-2004, 02:05 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Mmm... perch. This webmaster's gone fishin'!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.