R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-15-2008, 02:18 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

I would just go w/ a mamba max and a tekin redline 4.5 equiv.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #17
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmargiotta View Post
I know what you mean, I asked Ralph Burch (the guy I work with) this question last year, and wound up with the TC Spec that blew out in about a month... They are great speedos, but I have heard the TV Specs don't like to hold up real well in the long run, it was bitchin' while it ran tho!!!

I appreciate the feedback guys!
I never had any problems with my TC specs, never fried one in 2 years of having it. And that thing went to hell and back, I cant even lie LOL. I never had any problems with it, and it always did what I wanted it to do.

I can def understand though if you blow one up or something happens to it, it makes you wonder, and worry about buying another. Haha I do that for sure. But I wouldnt buy any other speedos out there over LRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
I wonder how many of those guys buy their equipment. Myself I would rather give up a little and have something that will last and last.
Im sure they dont buy there stuff. But its good enough for all the top guys to win all they do. I never had any problems with my Tc spec
Old 11-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rmargiotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
Just get the LRP as you know I have a ton of cars from 12 scale all the way up to 1/8scale. Run the TC spec in all my onroad and the regular LRP in all the offroad. Not one problem ever....

I wasn't the only one at our track to have issues with the LRP TC Specs, mine lasted about 1-2 months, and I think about half of the people running them had issues as well and didn't after they sent them in, it was weird...

The latest thing is the standard Sphere Competition (non TC Spec) which hold up really well.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:50 AM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The LRP TC spec and the Speedpassion GT are the only two top end speedos to get. Everything else seems to lack somewhere in performance or have considerably higher failure rates.

Both are easy to setup and use with the TC spec being simpler to use but a little limited. The GT having the features on its side but a little harder to use if you don't know what you are doing though factory settings are good for most people anyway.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:12 AM   #20
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Rocco I've been looking at the same thing... hard to make a decision but I know the KO will be a good one and Robert is pretty good about taking care of us. Just don't know when it'll actually be available.

Are you going to run any carpet this winter? I talked to Toastie the other day and we talked about getting together and running at Mike's for a few days (practice and racing). Maybe we could time it when Chris and Ralph and some of the other guys can all get together... PM me if you have any thoughts on it...
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:07 PM   #21
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogRacing View Post
Rocco I've been looking at the same thing... hard to make a decision but I know the KO will be a good one and Robert is pretty good about taking care of us. Just don't know when it'll actually be available.

Are you going to run any carpet this winter? I talked to Toastie the other day and we talked about getting together and running at Mike's for a few days (practice and racing). Maybe we could time it when Chris and Ralph and some of the other guys can all get together... PM me if you have any thoughts on it...
I would def run that KO, but like you said IDK when we'll see it. I have a month, and I'm going call Tekin tomorrow and get his opinion on a few things...

As far as carpet goes... I can guarantee that Ralph's not coming out, haha! But if you come down I might pull my sedan out. Right when I got it setup last year (laptimes close to Dumas with a 13.5), my LRP TC Spec decided to let go, and I didn't get it back until I was 2 races into the nitro offroad season... I still have 3 new bodies from last year I need to destroy so it's a possibility!
Old 11-16-2008, 01:35 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmargiotta View Post
I wasn't the only one at our track to have issues with the LRP TC Specs, mine lasted about 1-2 months, and I think about half of the people running them had issues as well and didn't after they sent them in, it was weird...

The latest thing is the standard Sphere Competition (non TC Spec) which hold up really well.
I have been running the TC in my mod sedan with a 4.5 on carpet with no issues. Also been running a 4.5 in my 12 scale with a TC no issues as well but I did pull the heatsink off the one in the 12. Replaced it with a real thin piece of foam to cover the board. Still no issues...

I hear the Tekins are great but you really need the Hotwire setup to get the most out of it ( talk to Les). Speed Passion I tried but its HUGE....awesome adjustability I just never could get the brakes right on it so I went back to my TC.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:47 PM   #23
Tech Master

What would you really need to adjust in the speed controller that you cant do with your finger/radio in 4WD offroad? If it goes to neutral and full throttle, I'll be alright!

Talk to Les?? I'll get his advice when he starts beating me, haha!

To all: A little local, friendly banter, don't think anything of it...
Old 11-16-2008, 03:54 PM   #24
Tech Elite

LOL...Les seems to know abit on the Tekins since that what he mainly runs.
Whats the word on the KO's? They definitely have some nice stuff. I'll hit you on the cell but mine is down for a bit.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:14 PM   #25
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
LOL...Les seems to know abit on the Tekins since that what he mainly runs.
Whats the word on the KO's? They definitely have some nice stuff. I'll hit you on the cell but mine is down for a bit.
I was wondering why I haven't heard from you!

Les does seem to be Mr. Tekin/Airtronics (two ends of a spectrum if you ask me...) haha.

I think Robert is going/went to Japan for this next week, but I'm going to try to call him tomorrow. I'll let you know what I hear.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:35 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Been working my tail off will be placing a order here soon since I'll be at Snowbirds this year. Again another big race with zero practice....lol!!! Gotta love it!