R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default indoor carpet

I have a question about rubber tires for indoor carppet,at a track in tulsa,ok.
Here everyone except the pro drivers are using jaco greens, maily because is some type of a trend. The carpet doesnt seem real tight and it has quite a few repairs on a right sweeper off of the long backstretch. I am currently running greens cause thats what i was told to ,but I know our faster guys arent using greens. They seem to want to loose grip towards the end of the run. Its like I only get about three or four goood min out of my tires. Could they be heating up to fast and loosing all grip
Tulsa TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsa TC3 View Post
I have a question about rubber tires for indoor carppet,at a track in tulsa,ok.
Here everyone except the pro drivers are using jaco greens, maily because is some type of a trend. The carpet doesnt seem real tight and it has quite a few repairs on a right sweeper off of the long backstretch. I am currently running greens cause thats what i was told to ,but I know our faster guys arent using greens. They seem to want to loose grip towards the end of the run. Its like I only get about three or four goood min out of my tires. Could they be heating up to fast and loosing all grip
Hey
When you say loose grip are you talking oversteer or understeer? Also, are you running greens front and rear? A couple good standard 1/12th tire setups are purple fronts, grey rears or lilac fronts, yellow rears. Those two tire combo's are a real good place to start.

Haven't run greens for years so really can't comment on them but I would imagine if you are running them front and rear it would be ok at first but then get real loose (too much steering, hard to drive) a few min. in.

Let me know, would love to help.
360rcspeedway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
Tech Master

if your tyres are overheating, you can do a few things, easiest would be to either run roll bars if you don't, or go for harder springs.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:36 PM   #4
Tech Adept

i forgot, 1/10 tc3 is the car and on road with rubber tires. my rearend seems to want to slide out when letting off the throttle at the top of the turn (having to feather the throttle down through the turn)
Old 11-13-2008, 12:39 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Man I feel like a tart..maybe I shoulda read your first post a lil better...lol.
360rcspeedway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:39 PM   #6
Tech Adept

well that acutally rings a loud bell I was running a rear sway and it was hooking up all of the place give or take a litte=le push in the corners then I wrecked and broke of the ball on the rear arm for the sway bar and never fixed it, lazzzzziness its a horrible disease. can i just put a ball cup in its place
Old 11-13-2008, 01:03 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
i forgot, 1/10 tc3 is the car and on road with rubber tires. my rearend seems to want to slide out when letting off the throttle at the top of the turn (having to feather the throttle down through the turn)
Try running a stiffer sway bar up front.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:38 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I run greens there and they work fine,try sorex 28 seem to have a little better grip,i wont be there this weekend going to a race on texas but come by and see me i will help.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:42 PM   #9
mok
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mok Send a message via Skype™ to mok

Quote:
my rearend seems to want to slide out when letting off the throttle at the top of the turn (having to feather the throttle down through the turn)
too much weight transitioning forward off power.. reduce rear droop
mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:33 PM   #10
Tech Adept

thanks for the help, I will see how it turns out Ive been running decent laps as is anyways. Maybe I just want to get better to fast I really like onroad driving all about the setup run whatcha brung lol
Old 11-13-2008, 09:38 PM   #11
Tech Adept

what foams would you run in the sorex and will a one way in the front totally change everything, is the purpose of the rear solid axle the same as the front one way
Old 11-13-2008, 11:00 PM   #12
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

When we tested Greens at Trackside no one liked them... but we all liked the Blues. We can run the Blues 30-40 packs with out them slowing. But they dont seem to hook up good the first couple of runs
But every track seems to like one tire better than the others.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:51 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
When we tested Greens at Trackside no one liked them... but we all liked the Blues. We can run the Blues 30-40 packs with out them slowing. But they dont seem to hook up good the first couple of runs
But every track seems to like one tire better than the others.
Sounds about right, I suspect that Blues would not hook up so well at ACR(the track in the Tulsa area that Tulsa TC3 is talking about), but honestly, I'm VERY happy with Greens there, & I've done more runs than I can count on sets of the newer Greens & haven't noticed much if any drop-off in grip(only just started using a new set last weekend, but I'm not sure I really needed it, if I gained anything from the new set, it might be one or two tenths of a second on my best laps, but the average laps look about the same, just tried them to see what would happen). I ran the last set of them since late-July or early-August, so I think the newest batches of them are VERY consistent & long-lasting.....
Tulsa TC3, I can't make the trip down to Texas this weekend, so I WILL be in town at ACR on Saturday, come see me & we'll see if we can get your car a little more dialed in(I think a little TLC will make a real difference in your car's handling). Just look for the guy with the OSU car(& clothing, & other goodies) & a laptop in my pitspace, I'm hard to miss....

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:53 AM   #14
Tech Adept

yeah i definetely will do that. that is what I thought about the blues, I have read it takes them a little longer to hook up but i geuss that why you would heat them im not sure yet. Ill find out this weekend