R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Lightbulb Building indoor carpet track in CA...

I'm planning to build an indoor rc carpet track in the warehouse in California.

Most of the warehouse is in the industrial zone and I found one with general industrial subarea 2.

The realtor told me that I could get the business permit of hobby product wholesale or distributor.

Is it possible to get the business permit of the RC track in the industrial zone.

I'm wondering how you guys get the business permit of your RC track in the warehouse.

I know, I should go to the city plan department to get the zone approval, but I want to know what should I prepare for it.

Would anyone give me some information of your case ?

I really want a help.

Please advise.

Last edited by spring71; 11-16-2009 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Test
spring71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #2
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

A permanent carpet track in SOCAL area? It shouldnt be too hard to get things rolling.Planning commission for sure so you see any and all potential snags before you open.To be honest,unless you have a Hobbystore of some nice proportions,your venture will not work out.Carpet is a seasonal thing and a track alone without a Store that can pay for everything without the money made from the track itself,will not be open long.Especially in a place with such good weather.Not trying to burst your dream bubble.It is what it is.Good luck.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring71 View Post
I'm planning to build an indoor rc carpet track in the warehouse in California.

Most of the warehouse is in the industrial zone and I found one with general industrial subarea 2.

The realtor told me that I could get the business permit of hobby product wholesale or distributor.

Is it possible to get the business permit of the RC track in the industrial zone.

I'm wondering how you guys get the business permit of your RC track in the warehouse.

I know, I should go to the city plan department to get the zone approval, but I want to know what should I prepare for it.

Would anyone give me some information of your case ?

I really want a help.

Please advise.
your sig says Chino Hills. man it would be awesome if it was in Chino or Chino Hills. since i live in chino!
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:39 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Default Of course with hobby shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
A permanent carpet track in SOCAL area? It shouldnt be too hard to get things rolling.Planning commission for sure so you see any and all potential snags before you open.To be honest,unless you have a Hobbystore of some nice proportions,your venture will not work out.Carpet is a seasonal thing and a track alone without a Store that can pay for everything without the money made from the track itself,will not be open long.Especially in a place with such good weather.Not trying to burst your dream bubble.It is what it is.Good luck.
You are saying that it's possible to get the zone approval for rc track in industrial zone ?

I need an advise from someone who has an experience to open a rc track in the warehouse.

I'll have a on-site hobby store too.

Thanks for reply.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:45 PM   #5
Suspended

Yes it has been done before.The place most of the locals to me race carpet now is this exact situation.Industrial zoned building with a retail store in it.Can be done.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Default Zone problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Yes it has been done before.The place most of the locals to me race carpet now is this exact situation.Industrial zoned building with a retail store in it.Can be done.

Should I tell the city plan department that I'll open a rc race track in the warehouse ?
According to the permit usage in the zone document, I coudn't find the retail store or similar to rc track.
There are only wholesale, distribution, and some manufacturer.
That's why I'm wondering about.

Have you done before in the same situation ?
Thanks for reply.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:11 PM   #7
Suspended

In the instance of my local track,the city in which its in was pretty lenient on the rules because the city had so much unrented commercial property zoned for industrial/manufacturing,that they allowed the building to be used for retail.Its a warehouse just like what your talking about.They used to produce backyard sheds in this building before.Worth a try.Location is key to making this work.Is this place in an out of the way business park?If so,keep looking around for a place that is more exposed to foot/street traffic.Again,good luck.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:19 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Smile

Thanks for reply again, I appriciate it.

I'll try to talk to city plan department this week.

Please reply if there is someone who has an experience with this issues.

Thanks.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #9
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring71 View Post
Should I tell the city plan department that I'll open a rc race track in the warehouse ?
According to the permit usage in the zone document, I coudn't find the retail store or similar to rc track.
There are only wholesale, distribution, and some manufacturer.
That's why I'm wondering about.

Have you done before in the same situation ?
Thanks for reply.
You may go to local City Hall to have detail first. They will tell you what registration and what documents you have to prepare. As I knew, the process is not complicated but take time.
blee is offline   Reply With Quote