Search

Xray XII 12th Scale

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 12:03 AM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
Well, I was a little critical of the car and it's WGT brother when it was shown.

Rather than just gripe, I built one today. Everything may resemble something else, but that's all it does, "resemble it". Things have been improved and re-worked, and the xray quality is in there.

It's a slick little car. The build changed my opinion.

If you've been on the fence, pick one up. There's some nice stuff going on there.

-Bob
Bob - I'm glad you changed your mind I couldn't understand why you were slammin' the X10 before it even came out. The funny thing is that you sell the cars...doesn't your negative comments hurt your own sales I know they aren't revolutionary, but so far the XII runs very well on asphault. Not sure how it would work on carpet, the thick T-bar seems like an ASE .063 T-bar. Yes, the Xray build quality is there...the only thing that I have noticed is the steering blocks develop a little slop. Quick fix is to add a drop of CA glue

Stormer Hobbies customer #119495
Old 02-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well, I was a little critical of the car and it's WGT brother when it was shown.

Rather than just gripe, I built one today. Everything may resemble something else, but that's all it does, "resemble it". Things have been improved and re-worked, and the xray quality is in there.

It's a slick little car. The build changed my opinion.

If you've been on the fence, pick one up. There's some nice stuff going on there.

-Bob
Hey Bob, when you find a good setup let me know! I am going to try a 13.5 at our club race this Friday in Edmonton. I have a feeling I will be much more consistent than with the 5.5 in Regina.
Later,
Kane
Old 02-17-2009, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P2
Bob - I'm glad you changed your mind I couldn't understand why you were slammin' the X10 before it even came out. The funny thing is that you sell the cars...doesn't your negative comments hurt your own sales
Doesn't seem to. And it would assume that every xray sale on earth is based on this thread on this particular forum. I think it's good that people make up their own opinions.

it's also important to believe in what you sell. Had it come up at a sales meeting I'd have spoke my mind about the car. I wouldn't say they were negative as much as expressing disappointment in the design.

Having built it, I like the little things I noticed.
---
Kane, think of selecting a motor like golf. The only goal, once a person checks his ego, is to turn your fastest laps, by any means necessary. Sometimes that means leaving the driver in the bag and teeing off with a 7 iron. Course management.

I started mod in Regina with a 4.5 and because I was building the other car and had no practice or even been on the track when qualifying came around, the obvious decision was to motor down. I ran a 7.5 instead.

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 02-17-2009 at 12:33 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:29 AM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Nope.

it's also important to believe in what you sell. Had it come up at a sales meeting I'd have spoke my mind about the car. I wouldn't say they were negative as much as expressing disappointment in the design.

Having built it, I like it.
I see...if I were in your shoes, as a sales company, I would feel the same way
Glad you like it, I might need a part or two for the XII or X10 in the near future
Old 02-17-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

Default 1 cell lipo on XII

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
Pic of the SMC4000 installed in the new XRAY XII (T-bar car):
Fastest at our last club meeting.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P2
Here is my XII all done up and ready to go. Build was excellent and will see how she does against some 13.5s this weekend.
hey dude, sorry I missed you before the left the main land. every time you visit, I have to work late. don't come visit anymore. lol
Old 02-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Doesn't seem to. And it would assume that every xray sale on earth is based on this thread on this particular forum. I think it's good that people make up their own opinions.

Having built it, I like the little things I noticed.
---
Kane, think of selecting a motor like golf. The only goal, once a person checks his ego, is to turn your fastest laps, by any means necessary. Sometimes that means leaving the driver in the bag and teeing off with a 7 iron. Course management.

I started mod in Regina with a 4.5 and because I was building the other car and had no practice or even been on the track when qualifying came around, the obvious decision was to motor down. I ran a 7.5 instead.
Well said Bob, any time a golf analogy is used it will get through my thick skull.
-Kane
Old 02-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
So does anyone have any track time with their new XII? What set up info does anyone want too share?

Mine will be here next week

bump..... anyone? I am planning to run on carpet.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCRjuanabbe
bump..... anyone? I am planning to run on carpet.
I ran the car for 3 qualifing rounds and 1 main two weeks ago. I started with stock setup and used GQ black-gray dual compound front and Tan rear (more like black and yello with jaco tires) Initially, the car has the tendency to push entering a high speed sweaper and the car feel a little lazy in chicane. I end up moving the battery to the backward position and increased the damping to damper disk. The changes made the car react quicker and gave the car better front traction entering the sweaper. The car is still slightly slower then my 12R5 but I have more track time with the R5 so I think the XII can be as fast if not better then the R5. It is just a matter of time to find the right setup. BTW, we race with 13.5 BL motor.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Bump.

After this weekend at the Carpet Nats the Xray team should have some good setup information available to everyone. The whole team will be running the car this week.

EA
Old 04-21-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the tweak free servo mount yet? Just a gimmick?

From what i can see the mount is only attached at one point so surely the servo could pivot if the car was to take a hit?
Old 05-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

People who have the XII and run LIPO, how do you like it?
Old 06-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default XII DIFF

Hello guys,
got some issues with my rear diff... Just raced my car for the first club meeting and I had to rebuilt the diff after each race...

What happens is that after each race when I check my diff I notice that its running dry without any grease on the diff balls and trust bearings

I just had the car built 2 days before the meeting and had heaps of silicone grease " that comes with the kit"...

Comments please... or is it common practice to have to rebuilt the diff after each race or what???

Thanks
Old 06-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ds400
Hello guys,
got some issues with my rear diff... Just raced my car for the first club meeting and I had to rebuilt the diff after each race...

What happens is that after each race when I check my diff I notice that its running dry without any grease on the diff balls and trust bearings

I just had the car built 2 days before the meeting and had heaps of silicone grease " that comes with the kit"...

Comments please... or is it common practice to have to rebuilt the diff after each race or what???

Thanks
You should be able to make several days of racing without rebuilding the diff; at least in 17.5. At least a full day in 13.5.

Solitude,

I've messed around a little with lipo in the XII and it worked well. It was much easier to balance and stay near the weight limit once we mounted the servo on the left side.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by ds400
Hello guys,

Thanks
No, it is not common to rebuild a 12th diff after every race. It is very common to have almost all the grease slung off the diff balls and out to the edge of the diff rings or spur. While you would think this is reason for concern, it isn't. All Ball Diffs do this. The most important thing with a ball diff is to keep the diff properly tightened.

To check diff tightness, Hold the Right Rear Tire and Spur Gear with your right hand, then try to twist the Left Rear Tire. If the Left Tire can be spun, the diff is too loose. If you can't turn it all, but spinning the wheels in opposite directions is too hard, the diff is too tight. You should not be able to spin the diff/spur with your hand, but it should be loose enough to have free diff action.

If you want slightly less maintenance, replace the diff balls with Ceramic Diff Balls, as they require even less lubrication than Carbide Diff Balls.

I was once told by Associated that the proper amount of lube of the diffs balls is very little. He recommend placing a small amount of diff lube in a small plastic baggy, then placing the diff balls in the bag, then work it all together. Next, remove each diff ball with tweezers and put into the diff. The amount of lube that stuck to the diff balls in from the baggy is enough lubrication, as the rest will just get slung off anyway.

Most people feel a 12th diff and think it feels crunchy from the diff balls, but the issue is usually the diff thrust bearing, not the diff balls and diff rings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.