Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yes was release !

http://rcmarket.com.hk/
Attached Thumbnails Xray XII 12th Scale-xr-370000.jpg  
Old 12-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

So anyone have one yet , what are your thoughts ?
Old 12-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JayBee
I don't see anything too excitable, except maybe the Orange. Would like to get a better look of the front-end though.
Synopsis.....I'll stick with what I have
Want to have a look at the XRay fornt end, have a look at a Hotbodies 12th. almost identical.
Innovation now adays with XRay seems to be as close as their nearest competitor.
ie 808 - Losi 8

Last edited by WinnipegRacer; 12-29-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thought it was funny to see this car get slammed, but not too much mud slingging with the serpent car or the new HB car, all T-bar cars too.

Just too funny.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I wish the car was anodized like the 009 car. I saw Paul L's car and it was anodized and it looked a lot better than the shiny silver piece.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Thought it was funny to see this car get slammed, but not too much mud slingging with the serpent car or the new HB car, all T-bar cars too.

Just too funny.
Serpent S120 Innovations:
1 piece pod, from aluminum
Adjustable slider for tensioning the T-bar
Uses a oil fill shock for pod dampening
Uses a front end which is a take off from the standard AE front end.

HotBodies 12X
Pivoting adjustable front caster blocks - no requirement for various degreed blocks.
Hinged battery straps - no need for tape

XRay XII
still uses tweak screws on the T-bar - AE (I believe) had this out 20 years ago
Dampener disc - Corally still uses this system
Front end - a take off on the HB design

I am not saying that this car has to be a complete departure from what the norm currently is, but man, this chassis is not what I have come to expect from the Slovaks. Granted all 12th scale manufacturers may use carry-over parts for their 12th scale chassis, but with enthusiasts always looking for more, we will not find in the XII. In my mind the car is a warmed over 12L3. For as long as we XRay owners have been waiting for this chassis, it has been a let down.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

How does not only this car but any t-bar car do on carpet compared to a link car?
Old 12-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by #88driver
How does not only this car but any t-bar car do on carpet compared to a link car?
Ther is alot of misconception that link cars are better on carpet and t-bar better on asphalt. The truth is there are some drivers that are better on carpet and others that excell on asphalt. Any well designed car can work well and be fast on either surface.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WinnipegRacer
I am not saying that this car has to be a complete departure from what the norm currently is, but man, this chassis is not what I have come to expect from the Slovaks. Granted all 12th scale manufacturers may use carry-over parts for their 12th scale chassis, but with enthusiasts always looking for more, we will not find in the XII. In my mind the car is a warmed over 12L3. For as long as we XRay owners have been waiting for this chassis, it has been a let down.
I don't understand why people seem to think X-ray revolutionised the RC market. The T1 was just a copy of the Corally C4/HPI Pro2/Tamiya 414 etc. THe car evolved until other manufacturers started making batteries all on on side and next thing you know X-ray makes the FK05. Then they come out with the T2 that was nothing special (maybe the multi-flex thing but Tamiya did that with the original 415 in a different way). It's since evolved into the '009 and still doesn't seem to be that different. Granted their parts quality is second to none but as far as being revolutionary, I don't see it. The XII is pretty much exactly what I expected X-ray to make.

Don't get me wrong, X-ray cars are just fine and my local track has a lot of them. I just can't understand why people seem to think they're any better than the next car apart from build quality.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Rob Burns
I don't understand why people seem to think X-ray revolutionised the RC market. The T1 was just a copy of the Corally C4/HPI Pro2/Tamiya 414 etc. THe car evolved until other manufacturers started making batteries all on on side and next thing you know X-ray makes the FK05. Then they come out with the T2 that was nothing special (maybe the multi-flex thing but Tamiya did that with the original 415 in a different way). It's since evolved into the '009 and still doesn't seem to be that different. Granted their parts quality is second to none but as far as being revolutionary, I don't see it. The XII is pretty much exactly what I expected X-ray to make.

Don't get me wrong, X-ray cars are just fine and my local track has a lot of them. I just can't understand why people seem to think they're any better than the next car apart from build quality.

Look, this argument can be translated to the REAL automotive world as well with BMW or Mercedes compared to Ford or Chevy. BMW or Mercedes cars do not usually have anything "revolutionary" that makes them stand apart from the others either. What does set them apart from the competition and raises people desire to own them mostly has to do with Quality and Service.

It is clear that BMW and Mercedes did not "invent" much of the baseline technology they use either, but they took what others have done and decided to "refine" it, much like Xray is doing in the RC industry. They are showing others that there is a better way to build RC.

If you were to build an Associated TC5 right after building an Xray '007/8/9, you would be screaming while building the TC5. Do the cars serve the same purpose, yes, mostly in the same way, but executed completely on a different level of quality. Does this mean that one is faster than the other, not at all.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

I think its more of selling the whole package. There are many cars out there of similar design, some are more refined than others and some may have one novel idea over the other, but the reputation and the documendation that Xray presents in their packaging definately sells the product.

Disapointed in the design, as long as the rules are written as they are, there won't be much that can be revolutionized over the current designs. The last time I saw a totally different 1/12th car it was a 4 link, tub chassis, but the costs where just overrun.

Part of why 1/12th is growing as such is the fact that even with new technology not much can be changed on these cars, the Corally SPII is as good now as it was 25 years ago.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rob Burns
I don't understand why people seem to think X-ray revolutionised the RC market.
One word- hype. If every Xray ad didn't make every last screw of their vehicles out to be a work of art and that there was untold hours of R&D put into a design that is usually just a slight change from what another manufacturer has already done, then there wouldn't be such a misconception. I think the only other company that comes close when it comes to "over the top" product hype would be Team Magic.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

If you don't like the XII, don't buy it (I also dnn't like X-Ray ) We could be lucky with the available cars in 12th. There are som many cars that are completely diferent to other cars...

T-Bar, Link, BMI-Style rear
Disc plate, tube dampers, oil filled shocks...
Dynamic Strut, Corally style front
red, blue, black, yellow, ...

And the best: 10 or 20 years old cars are still competitive...
Old 01-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default at least

Originally Posted by Der Dicke
And the best: 10 or 20 years old cars are still competitive...
If I could get parts, my Delta Spyder would still be competitive - but it was designed for a resistor and 2 servos
Old 01-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rsperson
If I could get parts, my Delta Spyder would still be competitive - but it was designed for a resistor and 2 servos
Contact Ken Campbell at Delta, they still have some of the parts for the car, if your serious about running it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.