LRP Vector x12 Brushless Motors

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 03:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default [Reto] Advices please :)

Hi Reto,

I have a X12 - 6.5t with a LRP Sphere TC spec,
Which profile would you recommend in the speedo ?
Should I also let the motor with the timing set at Zero or should I push it a little bit ?

Moreover,
We also run 9.5t class in France with Lipo 7.4v,
I also own a new LRP X11 Vector Stock spec – 9.5t and 10.5t with the SPX stock speedo,
Which profile would you recommend on the SPX, please.

Many thanks for your feedback,
Raphael
Old 04-08-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Addict

@Ralf: the profiles obviously depend a lot on the class you're running your motor... but generally speaking powerprofile 3 is always a pretty good starting point.
As for the timing, our recent tests have shown it works best with lowest timing position (oooo visible) all the time, this is also how the latest batch comes as standard.

For the X11 9.5/10.5t with our SPX StockSpec speedo I'd recommend profiles 7 or 8, but possibly with LiPo's you could also try 6 with a higher gearing. Make sure you monitor motor temperatures when trying with high speedo profiles on the SPX StockSpec.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by burito
@Ralf: the profiles obviously depend a lot on the class you're running your motor... but generally speaking powerprofile 3 is always a pretty good starting point.
As for the timing, our recent tests have shown it works best with lowest timing position (oooo visible) all the time, this is also how the latest batch comes as standard.

For the X11 9.5/10.5t with our SPX StockSpec speedo I'd recommend profiles 7 or 8, but possibly with LiPo's you could also try 6 with a higher gearing. Make sure you monitor motor temperatures when trying with high speedo profiles on the SPX StockSpec.
Danke Schön Reto !!!

So if my understanding is correct regarding 9.5t with the SPX stock and Lipo, I should run a gear ratio of around 6.0 instead of 5.3 for a big TC track configuration ?
Old 04-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ralf
Danke Schön Reto !!!

So if my understanding is correct regarding 9.5t with the SPX stock and Lipo, I should run a gear ratio of around 6.0 instead of 5.3 for a big TC track configuration ?
Hi, my experience with SPX stock is that you have to drop about 2 teeth to get enough punch and safe motor temp - at least for 10.5t
Old 04-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Regular

ok Thanks !
Old 04-09-2009, 01:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oh forgot to say - that's for 48P not for 64P - there you have to drop more teeth.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I picked up a 7.5 for some mild mod practice with my sedan. These are the nicest motors I've ever seen. The build quality seems exceptional compared to other brands. It's a shame there's no spec version, I'd run them in a second.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey

I got my self a Vector x12 4.5 and a x11 10.5.

Just wondering if they need to be broken in and how should i do it?
Old 05-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by agressive1
Hey

I got my self a Vector x12 4.5 and a x11 10.5.

Just wondering if they need to be broken in and how should i do it?
No need to break-in. Check there's not too much play on the magnet shaft (0.2mm is fine) and add a lube drop on the ball bearings. You're set.

To finish, make sure you have the right timing insert on your X12 4.5T. It must be used with the -10° insert. Check out the manual if necessary for how to do.

Good luck racing
Slide
Old 05-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ralf
Danke Schön Reto !!!

At the track I use to race, the tallest I go is 6.5.........straight is 55m long.......

I use profile 7 on the SPX with a LRP Lipo pack........
Old 05-21-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slideaway
No need to break-in. Check there's not too much play on the magnet shaft (0.2mm is fine) and add a lube drop on the ball bearings. You're set.

To finish, make sure you have the right timing insert on your X12 4.5T. It must be used with the -10° insert. Check out the manual if necessary for how to do.

Good luck racing
Slide

Thanks mate will check the manual.

So i guess the x11 is plug in and go no need for inserts?
Old 06-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi Burito,

Just installed a brand new X12 8.5T and had a major problem, the motor spins for 2 secs followed with a major spark. Motor stops running thereafter.

So I dismantled the motor and to my surprise, the rotor shattered!

Please advise why such thing could happen and how do I claim the warranty?

Thanks
Old 06-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

hi guys, just another FDR question,
we have a very large outdoor track with quite good traction and very fast turns,
i have decided to run x12 4t on this track for the next leg of turkish nationals,
we are using 2s lipo and race 7 minutes,

total length is 350 mt
1st straight is 40 mt
2nd straight is 70 mt (actually you can go on full throttle after this one around another 20 mt)

can you suggest me a starting point for FDR, and motor timing?
Old 06-21-2009, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Gey guys i had my LRP 4.5 X12 sintered rotor split and break into pieces today. It broke in half and some small other pieces. It happened 3/4 of the way through the race i was going down the straignt.

It didnt make any noise but i soon found out as i hap no brakes. The motor came off at 89 degrees celcius, not sure what the problem is. I know this is reasonably hot, but i have run other motors alot hotter and never had this problem. And this motor does naturally get hot. I hope the motor is still okay, as i have a 13mm rotor that i can replace it with.

The motor was geared at 8.3 on a large outdoor track. What do you think this was caused by? If my gearing was off, could someone else give me some other gearing suggestions for the motor gearing? Today was the first time i really got some good speed out of the motor, at that gearing. I was recently at 9ish and the motor was not as fast and it was coming off very hot.

Let me know what you guys think,

Thanks Antoni
Old 06-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
Gey guys i had my LRP 4.5 X12 sintered rotor split and break into pieces today. It broke in half and some small other pieces. It happened 3/4 of the way through the race i was going down the straignt.

It didnt make any noise but i soon found out as i hap no brakes. The motor came off at 89 degrees celcius, not sure what the problem is. I know this is reasonably hot, but i have run other motors alot hotter and never had this problem. And this motor does naturally get hot. I hope the motor is still okay, as i have a 13mm rotor that i can replace it with.

The motor was geared at 8.3 on a large outdoor track. What do you think this was caused by? If my gearing was off, could someone else give me some other gearing suggestions for the motor gearing? Today was the first time i really got some good speed out of the motor, at that gearing. I was recently at 9ish and the motor was not as fast and it was coming off very hot.

Let me know what you guys think,

Thanks Antoni

the reasons of rotor breakage are most likely very hard braking, over reving (this could be one as you mentioned the track is large and you geared short previously), or bumpy tracks also can ruin the rotor because of sudden stress under power or braking through bump sections........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.