R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #61
Tech Initiate
 
tomato18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: QC
Posts: 20
Send a message via Yahoo to tomato18
Default

Is there a X12 13.5?
__________________
Steady Lang!
tomato18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:22 PM   #62
Tech Addict
 
cyclone speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato18 View Post
Is there a X12 13.5?
Ive been told that there will be no 13.5 motor , only up to 8.5 .

I have a question wich is abit off topic but instead of starting a new thread i thought i would ask the question here : what will be the recomended gearing for a medium track and for a medium-tight track with a NOSRAM 3.5 X11 ?
I am mainly looking for runtime .
Thanks in advance and sorry for the off topic question .
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:57 AM   #63
mok
Tech Master
 
mok's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mok Send a message via Skype™ to mok
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
Ive been told that there will be no 13.5 motor , only up to 8.5 .

I have a question wich is abit off topic but instead of starting a new thread i thought i would ask the question here : what will be the recomended gearing for a medium track and for a medium-tight track with a NOSRAM 3.5 X11 ?
I am mainly looking for runtime .
Thanks in advance and sorry for the off topic question .
i used to run the LRP x11 3.5, here's what i was using *rough guides only*

large (250m) outdoor asphalt track, geared around 9 FDR
medium (140m) technical asphalt track i used around 11 FDR
short (80m) technical carpet track geared around 12

all adequate for runtime, usage varied from around 2700 to 3800mAh in 5mins

maybe pick something conservative but not overgeared (10.5 FDR) then temp the motor after a couple minutes of constant driving..
IMHO temps 60-70 are safe, 70-80 performance end of the stick.. over 100 you're prob going to kill the motor

but then you havent said if you're just bashing around or racing mod etc?
__________________
XRAY T3'2011 / TEKIN RS PRO / LRP X12 / HYPERION SWIFT G3 RACE PACKS / FUTABA S9551 / SPEKTRUM DX3R
www.epracer.com - www.precc.org.au - www.westcoastmodelrallyclub.asn.au - www.onroadrccarclubbunbury.org.au
mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:11 AM   #64
Tech Addict
 
cyclone speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mok View Post
i used to run the LRP x11 3.5, here's what i was using *rough guides only*

large (250m) outdoor asphalt track, geared around 9 FDR
medium (140m) technical asphalt track i used around 11 FDR
short (80m) technical carpet track geared around 12

all adequate for runtime, usage varied from around 2700 to 3800mAh in 5mins

maybe pick something conservative but not overgeared (10.5 FDR) then temp the motor after a couple minutes of constant driving..
IMHO temps 60-70 are safe, 70-80 performance end of the stick.. over 100 you're prob going to kill the motor

but then you havent said if you're just bashing around or racing mod etc?
12 how am i going to gear this , i have no space for my spur .
Still , thanks for the gearing i will try them .
Thanks
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:47 AM   #65
mok
Tech Master
 
mok's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mok Send a message via Skype™ to mok
Default

Burito:

I know this is off-topic, but still LRP related

What is the lipo cut-off voltage on the LRP TC Spec ESC ??

I have ran my packs (LRP Comp 5300s) until the cutoff has triggered a couple of times and when charging, the packs start at 5.25V....

Is this a faulty cutoff or is this what the voltage should be reading?

-Mark
__________________
XRAY T3'2011 / TEKIN RS PRO / LRP X12 / HYPERION SWIFT G3 RACE PACKS / FUTABA S9551 / SPEKTRUM DX3R
www.epracer.com - www.precc.org.au - www.westcoastmodelrallyclub.asn.au - www.onroadrccarclubbunbury.org.au
mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:49 PM   #66
Tech Adept
 
Slideaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sinceny, France or Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 218
Default

To Burito,

I would like to know when the 12.0mm diameter magnet will be available.
I would need for replacement as the magnet of my X12 4.5t (geared around 8.4 with 6 cells in RCS Bangkok) recently exploded for unknown reason. Motor temperature measured around 99°C/105°C.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Tschüss.

Slide
__________________
Ludo
Thai Ride Tech Support.
Slideaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #67
Tech Apprentice
 
1rcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 76
Default

Hey Guys....

First of all...... LPR X12 is one sexy looking motor...heheh

ok... now.... i run at a medium sized track geared at about
8.5 fdr i used to run a 4T x11 i have now the 4.5 x12.

at a recent race meet the guys were killing me down the straigts and in the tighter sections i was not much quicker anyways. i tried upping the profile on the Tc speedo ?

any ideas...
__________________
___________________________________
Team Novice!!
TEAM CORALLY RDX Φ - ZA
1rcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:25 AM   #68
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,405
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rcracer View Post
Hey Guys....

First of all...... LPR X12 is one sexy looking motor...heheh

ok... now.... i run at a medium sized track geared at about
8.5 fdr i used to run a 4T x11 i have now the 4.5 x12.

at a recent race meet the guys were killing me down the straigts and in the tighter sections i was not much quicker anyways. i tried upping the profile on the Tc speedo ?

any ideas...
I ran a FDR of 10.2 with the 4.5 this weekend on a small to medium ashphalt track. You might be a bit overgeared. All my settings on the speedie are low.

Hope this helps
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:59 PM   #69
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,880
Default

x-12 4.0 gearing start? 8.8?

5 min races

2s lipo
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:32 PM   #70
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
Ive been told that there will be no 13.5 motor , only up to 8.5
Can anyone confirm this?

My SPX stock spec keeps killing novak motors 10.5s (I've done 2, and everyone I know that runs the SPX with other brands has killed at least one motor) so I want an LRP but the vector stock spec doesn't pull as hard as the novaks do. I figure there is bound to be an updated 10.5 sooner or later, just wondering if I should be expecting an X12 or if I should just get rid of the SPX
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:19 PM   #71
Tech Addict
 
burito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 511
Default

@JayL: 8.8:1 will be too high gearing for X12 4.0t when using 2S LiPo most likely! Our recommendations for this setup vary from 10.0 to 8.7:1 depending on track size, what track are you racing on?


@CraigM: I can confirm that there will be no X12 StockSpec series released anytime soon, so no 13.5T for the moment.
Please make sure you have gearing & mechanical motor timing set correctly when burning stock motors using a stock brushless speed-control!
__________________
Reto Koenig
burito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:07 AM   #72
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burito View Post
@CraigM: I can confirm that there will be no X12 StockSpec series released anytime soon, so no 13.5T for the moment.
Please make sure you have gearing & mechanical motor timing set correctly when burning stock motors using a stock brushless speed-control!
Thanks Reto. I don't touch the timing on my motors but there's something about profile 7 on the SPX stock spec that makes other brand's motors overheat exponentially. The same thing happened with both my novaks - profile 7 and geared to mid 60degC, I picked up a little more speed (e.g. a couple tenths) with setup changes and they fried. After I did the last motor I dropped back to profile 5 and the next motor temped below 60. Go figure. A similar thing has happened to 3 other people I know, their motors have temped well below "hot", they've got up 1 tooth (normally worth about 10degC) and their motors have cooked. The one person I know running SPX and LRP 10.5 is fine, drives his motor harder than all of us with no probs

Anyway, sorry for the thread hijack, I was hoping an X12 10.5 would be on the horizon but I guess I'm stuck with the old stock spec for a while
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #73
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,880
Default

burito: Speedworld, the 2009 REEDY race track, my home track. I am also running the lrp tc esc if you have a profile suggestion
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:46 PM   #74
Tech Addict
 
burito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 511
Default

@JayL: I would suggest using X12 4.5t on Speedworld track, if you plan using it with 2S. We also ran 4.5t at the Worlds in Thailand, which was used with 6-cell NiMH cells, this was already "lots" of power and I do think X12 4.0t with 2S LiPo will not be a good choice.

On Worlds track we ran following settings:
- battery: 6-cell NiMH (same goes for 2S LiPo roughly!)
- motor: X12 4.5t
- gearing: ~8.6:1
- timing: "oooo" insert (lowest timing)
- speedo profiles: 2-3-1-1

I'd say start similar at Speedworld, if anything you should run slightly lower gearing there as straightaway is shorted (e.g. something like 9.0:1).

If you really want to run X12 4.0T, then I'd recommend following settings:
- battery: 2S LiPo
- motor: X12 4.0t
- gearing: ~9.8:1
- timing: "oooo" insert (lowest timing)
- speedo profiles: 2-3-1-1
__________________
Reto Koenig
burito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #75
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burito View Post
@JayL: I would suggest using X12 4.5t on Speedworld track, if you plan using it with 2S. We also ran 4.5t at the Worlds in Thailand, which was used with 6-cell NiMH cells, this was already "lots" of power and I do think X12 4.0t with 2S LiPo will not be a good choice.

On Worlds track we ran following settings:
- battery: 6-cell NiMH (same goes for 2S LiPo roughly!)
- motor: X12 4.5t
- gearing: ~8.6:1
- timing: "oooo" insert (lowest timing)
- speedo profiles: 2-3-1-1

I'd say start similar at Speedworld, if anything you should run slightly lower gearing there as straightaway is shorted (e.g. something like 9.0:1).

If you really want to run X12 4.0T, then I'd recommend following settings:
- battery: 2S LiPo
- motor: X12 4.0t
- gearing: ~9.8:1
- timing: "oooo" insert (lowest timing)
- speedo profiles: 2-3-1-1


Thank you sir! I appreciate the info. I will try it out Sat.
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
‘FWR Racing Season’ FWR Northwest Racers 11302 08-23-2015 07:38 PM
LRP VECTOR 8 1/8 SCALE SYSTEM B.A. Racer Electric Off-Road 25 09-27-2010 10:12 PM
Hacker Brushless Motors 4.5, 6.5, 7.5, 17.5, 10.5, Tekin 10.5 hemi4me R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 06-22-2009 08:43 PM
Futaba Servos (BLS451, S9351, S9451) and Hacker, Novak and Tekin Motors hemi4me R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 06-13-2009 05:49 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:15 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net