R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #616
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

another little concern. i set the boost in the hotwire software but it doesnt seem to work if i turn off turbo. with turbo set to zero or off, it runs like blinky mode, but setting the turbo it seems to ramp normally?
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #617
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by waswadener View Post
Does anybody know if the LRP x12 17.5t motor has an onboard temperature sensor, whose output feeds out through the sensor cable?

Wondering because I acquired an ESC that has the capability of reading motor temperature via the sensor cable but only with motors that have a temperature sensor. I know Novak Ballistic motors have a built in temperature sensor but I'm not sure about the LRP x12 17.5t motor.

Bill S.
Yes the X12 has a temp sensor, which the GM ESC will pick up.
daleburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:26 AM   #618
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
another little concern. i set the boost in the hotwire software but it doesnt seem to work if i turn off turbo. with turbo set to zero or off, it runs like blinky mode, but setting the turbo it seems to ramp normally?
Can you post your setup Valk, and a screen shot like so

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #619
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

When i get home i will post screenie. Its just weird. Car seems
To run as if blinky with 35 boost but adding a little turbo it rev like a rocket.

Maybe i should direct my questions directly your way redbull. You seem to have the answer for most of them so far =)
Old 04-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #620
Tech Adept

Does anyone know if x12 stockspec 13.5 will be replaced by a x20 13.5 stock version?
Thanks for help
NItrox416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #621
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NItrox416 View Post
Does anyone know if x12 stockspec 13.5 will be replaced by a x20 13.5 stock version?
Thanks for help

Mr LRP himself has said that a Stock Spec X20 is in the works, but not any time soon -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo-HS...a_tYoiIoCz8%3D
Losiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #622
Tech Elite

this is what im set at now as per your suggestions earlier. the start rpm is a loose starting point.
i messed with the timing settings and the boost does seem to come on, but the turbo seems to be a lot stronger than the boost setting.

havent had it on the track to test the differences but just on the bench, 35boost gives a slight increase to revs where even 1 in turbo makes a much bigger improvment.

forgive my noobness. car was fast enough in blinky mode. i still won my race dispite it. just nice if i can figure out this boost business.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #623
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys my 21.5 x-12 is making a clicking sound when I turn the rotor... Is it still alright ? It ran hot quite a few times but never to astronomical temps. I can take a video and post it if neccesary.

Thanks.
narcotiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #624
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
this is what im set at now as per your suggestions earlier. the start rpm is a loose starting point.
i messed with the timing settings and the boost does seem to come on, but the turbo seems to be a lot stronger than the boost setting.

havent had it on the track to test the differences but just on the bench, 35boost gives a slight increase to revs where even 1 in turbo makes a much bigger improvment.

forgive my noobness. car was fast enough in blinky mode. i still won my race dispite it. just nice if i can figure out this boost business.
Get back with results after you've had it out to the track
Bench testing with boost is not recommended

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcotiks View Post
Hey guys my 21.5 x-12 is making a clicking sound when I turn the rotor... Is it still alright ? It ran hot quite a few times but never to astronomical temps. I can take a video and post it if neccesary.
Is the motor mounted with pinion installed ?

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #625
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Is the motor mounted with pinion installed ?[/QUOTE]

No. It is un mounted with no pinion on the shaft.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #626
Tech Elite

ill see how this saturday goes. i only get one trackday every two weeks =\ just moving the amount of timing up the rpm range is probably where ive had the problem. i ran 35 boost 10 turbo in my 2s car with boost coming in at 7000 rpm and the car FLEW. came off kinda hot, 200f but car was fast and consistent the whole race and people have said these motors dont mind the heat.

just seems like with those settings id be going over 60degrees with the built in timing. thats where im hitting the brain road block.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:14 AM   #627
Tech Regular

can anyone answer my question above ?
Old 04-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #628
Tech Elite

raced the car last night with my x12 17.5 with the following rs settings;

boost 45
start 3900
end 8100

turbo 5
ramp2
delay .3

rollout 79. car was quite fast and consistant toward the end of the event, but in the first two qualifiers the car lost power. i thought maybe it overheated but a marshall touched it and said was only just warm. so im not sure if it was a sensor board, sensor wire or bad connection as the power only seemed to go if i did a little tap. came back at the end of the race..

changed the sensor wire and it didnt do it again, but i didnt tap cause i was more used to the track by then. so not sure what caused that gremlin but the car was as fast in the main as anyones duo powered car. bumped to the amain and still finished last, but only one lap down to the leader instead of like.. 3. lol.

pretty happy with the cars performance and my own as its still the first year for me. sadly, it was also my last 12th scale race of the season. =(. unless i wanna run outdoor open 12th =O
Old 04-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #629
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcotiks View Post
can anyone answer my question above ?
The motor should be hard to turn by hand but there shouldn't be a clicking noise.... Have you took it apart to inspect it?
Boca Bearings - www.bocabearings.com
UrabusDenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:20 AM   #630
Tech Regular

It's pretty strange , with turning the rotor , the click is only coming from a particular part like, I'll turn it 1/4 of a turn , then again, then again and THEN it makes a click.
I've taken it apart, blew it out with a compressor, and cleaned and re lubed the bearings and it's still there.