Current 1/12 models?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current 1/12 models?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Hey I will plug our car the FTR 12 it is a complete kit and has some neat new features and comes with optional front ends.

Go to our website and check it out www.teamfullthrottle.net
Old 11-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

PRC is coming out with a new car called The Torch.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

Yokomo has the RC12L4Y.

http://www.yokomousa.com/kits/index.html
Old 11-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feynman
I'm back into RC after a long time away. Some friends of mine talked me into 2WD offroad to get back into it, so I have been having fun with that for a few weeks.

However...my real love is these zippy little machines. I'd like to pick up a 1/12 again. My last onroad car was an RC12LS, so it's been awhile.

I'd like to get back to some onroad 1/12 driving, but I'm afraid I have lost touch with what's out there.

If it's not too much trouble, could I get a quick list of the cars to look at these days?

Thanks.

-mitch
Still have the old RC12LS? Bust it out like we did my buddy's RC12L:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ease-help.html

BTW -- big Feynman fan here! He's my #1 hero of all time.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Adept

All current cars are capable of winning any race, what you need to look at is what other drivers at you club will be running so they can help you out.

BMI DB12R Excellent build quality and very easy to set up with apparently no tweak! Hmmm not sure on that but an awsome car.

Corally sp12x Excellent build quality great car but a little bit fragile

CRC GenX Excellent car build quality not quite upto the standard of BMI or Corally but an awsome car to drive, i'm currently am racing this car car.

RC12L4 Well proven car great build quality, a little old now but still very competative.

CRC T-Force Excellent car build quality not quite upto the standard of BMI or Corally but an awsome car to drive.

These are the only cars that i have experience of, my advice would be to get a BMI DB12R
Old 11-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I think the reason that people that are fast are big fans of the db12r is that it is not as consitant as the other designs. I owned one, gave it a full try, ran it at two big races and was never happy, the car would get good then go away. I like jason and what he does for the hobby, so don't think I am bashine him. I would say get the gen x, the car is by far the easiest car out there to go fast with. The other good cars right now are the cefx, corally and speedmerchant. But I would say gen x all the way, by far the largest showing of cars at all major races.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

There's also the new Kawada M300RSX V2.0.

http://www.kawadamodel.co.jp/kit/m300/rsx.html
Old 11-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigemike
I think the reason that people that are fast are big fans of the db12r is that it is not as consitant as the other designs. I owned one, gave it a full try, ran it at two big races and was never happy, the car would get good then go away. I like jason and what he does for the hobby, so don't think I am bashine him. I would say get the gen x, the car is by far the easiest car out there to go fast with. The other good cars right now are the cefx, corally and speedmerchant. But I would say gen x all the way, by far the largest showing of cars at all major races.
The car does and has done well in all conditions. Dont always be so quick to blame the car. All of the cars work off of basicly the same principal so a statement like that is not correct. The car has done well on all surfaces. That can not be argued. Setting these cars up isnt the easiest thing to do to get the car just right. Im glad you found a car that suits you better than ours. But it is rather humerous for you to say that the car was not capable being that it has already accomplished what you say can not happen against all of the cars you claim to be a better choice.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Associated is coming with a new car too. It's for vintage 1:12 racing.

We owe alot to the early 1:12 scale designs.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Lord

Agreed. I have dropped to one knee and have paid respect.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by protc3
But it is rather humerous for you to say that the car was not capable being that it has already accomplished what you say can not happen against all of the cars you claim to be a better choice.
I did not know that the db12 has won or even been in many A main events. If you have won, snowbirds, cleveland, or any other big 1/12th scale carpet event, I would like to know, because I have not heard that. Maybe the car got better, I have seen some upgrades since I drove it, so that could of made the difference. BTW I am racing TC5 sedan, after running the BMI I didn't try anything else, gave away all the tires I had and never looked back. lipo, brushless all day long. I did look at your db10r last night and it looks very nice.

I
Old 11-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Tech Lord

The 12R made the A main at snowbirds as a prototype and almost won it last year and took 2nd. As i have stated, i dont push much for big races because i can not leave the shop to travel that much and support a big race team. I support my product by having parts available to the customers and setup/tech support when needed. Having friends and customers do well at big races doesnt make my car good, it makes them good drivers. Having people buy it and do real well with it means alot more to me. Happy customers are what i want.

Thanks for the compliments on the 1/10th.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

no problem jason, If the class takes off in a brushless lipo form at my track I might be interested in getting one. Have a good day.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Tech Lord

Old 11-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by radio_car_racer
BMI DB12R all the way

forget the rest
BMI +1 more

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.