R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-06-2008, 08:32 AM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemike View Post
very true the bmi crew seems to be an internet racing team. They don't travel, they don't put in the money and resources to goto big races and there car will always be a "toy" as jason stated when he called "dumper" a national "toy car" champion.

The guys on here that spend there time and money to goto big r/c races are the same guys who don't buy bmi.

BMI is not a national championship car. Nor do they have drivers or setups for that level of racing. If that is what you want look for another car like speed merchant, corally, crc or associated

You will see in about 3 weeks in cleveland who makes the best.

Jason if you ever want people to take the car serious make it do something, get a real driver, and a couple of big wins, not just in the main
Schreffler runs the car, so he certainly has a "real" driver, actually one of the best. I've seen the car and it is gorgeous to look at, I've just never seen anyone but Schreff have any success with it on high-bite carpet. Must be some form of CRC sabotage in the carpet construction.

Most of the current 12th scale cars are very competitive, but some are still better in some ways than others. Buy whichever car looks coolest to you that you can actually get parts for locally or through common on-line dealers.

It doesn't matter which car you buy first, you'll end up trying a different one sooner or later anyway.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:38 AM   #62
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastforward View Post
I think all the top cars are capable. As I see it there are two issues;

1) support - in my experiance, Jason at BMI is the most availalbe (on rc tech or email) to answer questions and help out. I have a Speedmerchant car and it drives nice but in my experiance, I can never get ahold of anybody to ask questions or order parts. If you look at the Speedmerchant thread you will find similar comments.

2) parts availbility - The Bmi does have some specilty parts like the flex plates but I have a set of spares and have never needed them. The newer CRC cars have front end parts specific to their cars.
I can't remember the last track I was at that didn't have Pro-Strut front-end parts on the wall. Of course, by your logic on the flex plates, you could just keep a few CRC spares on hand. Only front-end bits I've ever had to replace is a set of kingpins, and lower arm pivot balls, but you'll need those for any front-end.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
Old 11-06-2008, 08:53 AM   #63
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Look, I have no problem with frank or dumper for that matter. I do not dislike anyone at CRC. On occasion things get blown up between us on here. Alot of the time it's frustration caused by comments like Bigemike's comments. My point is this, if you make a good car and it sells really well, sell them. I dumped a ton of money into my company in the last few years and you think coughing up a couple grand for going to big races is a problem? I just dont have the time. If RC was my only business i would look further into it. Nothing against frank for doing that. He does it and it helps sell his cars. Frank,Bruce AE,Serpent, Myself and who evever else all make good cars that can win big events. The guys who win are the ones who go and invest in big races. That doesnt mean that there cars suck if they didnt go. Everyone needs to relax and realize that this is a thread that was started by a guy looking for a 1/12th car. People voiced there oppinions and got blasted for it. There is no reason for any of this. If i offended dumper or anyone else, i appologize.

Get the car you like and have fun with it buddy. You cant go wrong with any of them.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:03 AM   #64
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Schreffler runs the car, so he certainly has a "real" driver, actually one of the best. I've seen the car and it is gorgeous to look at, I've just never seen anyone but Schreff have any success with it on high-bite carpet. Must be some form of CRC sabotage in the carpet construction.

Most of the current 12th scale cars are very competitive, but some are still better in some ways than others. Buy whichever car looks coolest to you that you can actually get parts for locally or through common on-line dealers.

It doesn't matter which car you buy first, you'll end up trying a different one sooner or later anyway.
You guys have a pretty damn lethal 1/12th team that is very hard to beat. I have 1 guy at that level and he is doing well with our car. I think all the cars out there are excellent and the top dogs prove that. I respect the team that CRC has and i dont question there ability. They do a great job for the company. What alot of people dont seem to understand( not you guys, the public) is that when drivers run for a company,they are no longer on the market. If all of the top guys run for a company already, its not easy to build a top dog race team. I have 1 top guy and am very pleased with his performance.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:13 AM   #65
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
You guys have a pretty damn lethal 1/12th team that is very hard to beat. I have 1 guy at that level and he is doing well with our car. I think all the cars out there are excellent and the top dogs prove that. I respect the team that CRC has and i dont question there ability. They do a great job for the company. What alot of people dont seem to understand( not you guys, the public) is that when drivers run for a company,they are no longer on the market. If all of the top guys run for a company already, its not easy to build a top dog race team. I have 1 top guy and am very pleased with his performance.
Yeah, Schreff is one of the best for sure, and a damn good guy. You couldn't ask for a better rep for your products.