Wiki Posts
Search

Trouble With my Transmitter/Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Trouble With my Transmitter/Receiver

Hello there.

I'm new to you're forum and i come from Canada, Quebec. I speak french but i can also speak a little bite English.

About a month ago i bought a TT-01D form Ebay. The main chassi work really well. I purchased a servo, transmiter + Receiver from my local Hobby Store. I didn't wanted to spend hundred dollar on a transmitter so i took one that was quite cheap.

I got it for 50$ CAN with receiver. I'm on 75,590 Mhz (it's written 70 on the receiver crystal). When i turn on the transmitter in my house, then my RC car. Everything seem's to work well. But once i go away from the car, about 15 feet. The ESC deos a "BIP" sound and then the RC car go forward, reward and turn. It deos all he want exept what i want.

When i'm outside my house, in a parking for example. Sometime it work well, and other time it deos the same thing as when i'm inside my house.
I thought at first it was because i were using 1.2V rechargable batterie instead of 1.5V like it's written in the transmitter. So i bought 1.5V non-rechargable batterie but it's not better at all.

Someone told me it was because this transmitter is Actually Too-cheap so it get interference from many object arround me.

Should i consider buying a better transmitter? Someone said Associated XP2 27mhz Transmitter was a good one. Should i bought it? Is there something else i can do ?

Pleas help me someone. I want to play with my car
Old 10-31-2008, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Hi , i speak french also .
I think as you said that your transmitter is cheap and i think its AM modulation .
I remember i had a TT-01 with a cheap radio AM modul also and i had the same probleme .
And when i went to FM expensive radio it didnt have this probleme so i was racing and sudenly one day i was racing and i had this probleme even with my FM expensive radio , so i checked the connection , clean them and clean the car and it fixed this probleme , so i guess you could give it a try , but the main thing will be to get a FM radio , not AM.
Hope it helps
Old 10-31-2008, 02:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Your car will definatly perform many times better on an FM radio than it would on AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

a.m. transmitters run on the same signals as computers t.v.s etc.... you really need an f.m. transmitter
Old 10-31-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here you go buddy. 3PM FM is a good radio and only $109
Matt

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXGAG2**&P=ML
Old 11-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Rookie

It's quite strange because when i play with one of my friend. He use a Traxxas TQ-3 transmitter. And it's acctually quite cold outsite where i live (between 2 degree to 12 degree C). When we start playing if i just get out my RC car from the house i can play like 10-15 minutes before i start having trouble. And my friend who is Using 27 mhz "AM" can play as long as he want without interferance. If i go back in the house or in the Car (with is actually hot) and i wait maybe 5-10 minutes i can start playing again for another 10 minutes.

Could cold temperature also affect transmission?

I'm using 75,59 mhz AM.

When i got my car about a month ago (maybe 1 1/2) the temps outside was hotter. Between 12-20. And my car was Alway working fine. Never add any interferance, exept when i'm in an house (wich i think is normal with AM frequency).

It's quitte anoying because when the RC car start doing this it can go anywere, it could even jump out of the parking and go in the street. The only way i found to stop it is to turn off transmitter. Doing this the car stop and the ESC do a BIP noise.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Nobody as any idea?