R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-01-2003, 09:11 AM   #16
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Congratulations RoadDog

Quote:
Originally posted by zxracing
Congratulations to RoadDog, he was the winner of the free pack of ZX Racing batteries. Thanks to everyone who entered, watch your email for information on the next free battery giveaway.

John
awww....and i thought i would have a good chance....
disaster999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 05:23 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice

Mike is correct. I am in the process of matching my new shipment which is looking pretty good. Platinum packs are hard to keep in supply due to high demand, but I will be sure to post a notification on this thread when I have some ready.

Quote:
Originally posted by CIVIC91
I was wondering when u expect more platinum packs in?
zxracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 08:10 PM   #18
Regional Moderator

hey john, just one question...do you include stickers or have a box with your batteries?
Old 10-02-2003, 12:46 AM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by disaster999
hey john, just one question...do you include stickers or have a box with your batteries?
The batteries ship in a cardboard mailer box, but each pack does not have their own box. I'm in the process of investigating getting stickers printed up so I can start including them with orders. Once I get them, I'd be more than happy to mail them to all current customers.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:52 AM   #20
Tech Adept

hey
hopefully u get them b 4 u send out my batteries
Check your pm
acid_rain182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 01:18 AM   #21
Tech Adept

Whats everyones opoions on the zx Copper? im kinda poor, yet wanting good packs that will still be very compeditive
adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 06:55 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

Copper Cells are fine to get. They may not be good for Mod Motors but for Stock and maybe 19 turn they should be fine. They have pleanty of runtime to get you through your qualifiers and mains. The Cells I have seen latly have low IR so that means that your car will have more punch..which is good for Stock Racing.
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 07:00 AM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default isn't it the other way around?

Quote:
Originally posted by mike_Webb
The Cells I have seen latly have low IR so that means that your car will have more punch..which is good for Stock Racing.
i thought that higher voltage would be better for stock racing (more punch) and lower IR would be better for mod racing since the lower winds draw a heck of a lot more current?
Euge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 07:59 AM   #24
Tech Elite

You are correct but I was going by what he said about not being able to afford more expensive cells and only looking at the Copper Cells.

For stock if you can get the high end 1.17+ cells that would be best but he can only afford the 1.15. That will be good in stock but not mod since the runtime on those cells is 375sec. I think a high end mod motor will not run well with those packs unless you have a very light throttle finger, then you can maintain a constant feel all the way through. That is why I also said he could run the 19turn class. For me I need the higher runtimes becuase I almost dump 1.17 packs on carpet with 415sec runtime....they start to fade off by the end of the 5min run.

As explained to me..the lower the IR the easier the pack releases the power... so if they release power quicker then you are always going to have good punch and the Mods are going to be able to draw the power from the cells. I have had packs of 1.17 with Med-High IR and my 1.165 with low IR have more punch and grunt on the track with a stock motor and a mod motor. I will run the 1.17 packs on Fast flowing tracks. On very tight tracks I run the 1.16 cells becuase to me they are snappier. Of course Gearing plays a big role.

By all means... if you can afford $10-15 more a pack I would atleast get the 1.16... it is better to get a little better pack now then have to in 2-3 months.....depending on your racing series.

Last edited by mike_Webb; 10-02-2003 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:59 AM   #25
Regional Moderator

Default Re: isn't it the other way around?

Quote:
Originally posted by Euge
i thought that higher voltage would be better for stock racing (more punch) and lower IR would be better for mod racing since the lower winds draw a heck of a lot more current?
i agree with you..you need all the punch and voltage for stock to make the car go faster!!
Old 10-02-2003, 08:08 AM   #26
Tech Elite

I have also heard that if you dump the packs and then dead short them you can increase your voltage and lower the IR of the cells but you sacrifice runtime. Has anyone tried this?
Old 10-02-2003, 09:09 AM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ah, okay, I get what you're saying.....
definitely when you buy cells, don't just look at the voltage.
lower IR is always good.
Higher runtime is good too since your average voltage over the 5 minutes you use it won't drop as much as on a pack with lesser runtime.

I haven't dead shorted any of my cells since I'm afraid of reversing polarity on them.
Euge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 09:52 AM   #28
Tech Apprentice

With regards to runtime on the copper cells, the minimum runtime on them is 375. Some of them are up near 415, with the average being around 400. So if you are concerned about runtime on any of the levels, just let me know what you're looking for and I'll do my best to find you a pack that meets your needs.

If you shoot me an email, I can even send you the exact cell numbers for packs available that fit what you're looking for. That way you'll know exactly what the cells are before you place an order.

Thanks,

John

Quote:
Originally posted by Euge
ah, okay, I get what you're saying.....
definitely when you buy cells, don't just look at the voltage.
lower IR is always good.
Higher runtime is good too since your average voltage over the 5 minutes you use it won't drop as much as on a pack with lesser runtime.

I haven't dead shorted any of my cells since I'm afraid of reversing polarity on them.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:57 AM   #29
Tech Apprentice

I do not recommend dead shorting cells. All the testing I've done has shown the it causes the cells to quickly start degrading.

Here's a thread about it...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=25137

Quote:
Originally posted by mike_Webb
I have also heard that if you dump the packs and then dead short them you can increase your voltage and lower the IR of the cells but you sacrifice runtime. Has anyone tried this?
Old 10-02-2003, 10:12 AM   #30
Tech Elite

After reading that I don't think it is something I would try