Wiki Posts
Search

Tire Warmer Machine "Muchmore"

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Default Tire Warmer Machine "Muchmore"

Worth it, or Over-rated?

Good for getting rubber to hook up on both asphalt and carpet, or just asphalt?

opinions please
Old 11-01-2008, 01:10 AM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

tyre warmers are definately worth it, on both surfaces
Old 11-01-2008, 03:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

They are great i really want to get one. i have the basic unit with the cups and the controller but i used one of these and it kicks azz in comparision
Old 11-01-2008, 03:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DJ919
Worth it, or Over-rated?

Good for getting rubber to hook up on both asphalt and carpet, or just asphalt?

opinions please
Depends how quick you are, and depends on how suited the tyre is to the surface.

If the tyre hooks up from cold on the track within a lap, tyre warming will only save a few tenths. If it takes a few laps or even a couple of minutes to get to operating temperature, it can save a few seconds, which depending on your level of competition can mean quite a few places. Of course, on the first lap of a final, any grip disadvantage can mean 2 or three places.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sosidge
Depends how quick you are, and depends on how suited the tyre is to the surface.

If the tyre hooks up from cold on the track within a lap, tyre warming will only save a few tenths. If it takes a few laps or even a couple of minutes to get to operating temperature, it can save a few seconds, which depending on your level of competition can mean quite a few places. Of course, on the first lap of a final, any grip disadvantage can mean 2 or three places.
Yeah, even though it would be a cool tool to have, I'm "thinking" its real talent would only be shown during those cooler Fall or Spring season racing on asphalt. During the late Spring / mid to late Summer I'm thinking it wouldn't make that much of a difference due to the surface temps already warming the tires quickly. I'm also wondering if it would make for a good for baking any kind of rubber conditioner or tire grip into the tire.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

I assume you mean these;

I used to own the Eagle wrap around warmers, but these are much better, no guessing the temp and you know that the warmers hold the temp constant right up until you take them off.

Skiddins
Old 11-01-2008, 06:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I really want to order these, I have for the past 6months, But unfortunatly most online stores only have them in Blue or Purple, And I like all my Muchmore gear in Black hehe.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by [[john]]
I really want to order these, I have for the past 6months, But unfortunatly most online stores only have them in Blue or Purple, And I like all my Muchmore gear in Black hehe.
I ordered some black ones a couple weeks ago, from rcmarket. They are great, but not sure if it is worth buying them now with the Aussie dollar so low, and postage is also a lot. They are pretty heavy. I think if you looked around that you could get them for a similar price from the LHS.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, the one in the pic is the exact model and color I was looking at. It also dubs as a car stand. I think I'll go ahead and add it to the Christmas list. Hell it wouldn't hurt having it, and when its time to gain an extra edge by having warmer tires, this is definitely the animal to have.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Addict

dug up this thread...looking for some help. Looking at this unit and the cheaper cups & controller also. I'm fairly new to rubber tires and when looking at the cups only, not the IC unit.... they list different cup sizes... much more's web states these fit sorex...these fit Rp, takeoff, tamayi's slicks.

We are running spec tires.. jaco blues. which are approx. 62mm diameter. I can't find any info on the other brand tires diameter. I'm concerned the cups may be too large or too small and either not fit or be loose and not heat evenly.

Does anyone know the inner diameter of the cups for the MM IC control unit? Are all the cups (black, purple, blue model) all the same ID? Or can tell me how the jaco fit on the IC unit's cups?

Thanks for any help.

Linky to the choices
Old 06-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i use the Much More cheep ones with the controller

awsome kit

saves me a few 10ths and its good to cook the adative into the tyre
Old 06-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

do you know which cups? and what tires are you using and their diameter?

Thanks.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
do you know which cups? and what tires are you using and their diameter?

Thanks.
large cups

i use , sweep , Vtec , sorex ,

basicaly any tyres going

just just a cloth over the additive so it doesnt damage the warmers
Old 06-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks.

sauce a problem w/ the alumium cups? Hum....didn't think that would be an issue w/ the alum. I know what I use just degrades plastic easily...but haven't see any issues w/ any type of metals. Simple enough to remedy if I see it causing damage...I saw the tissue thread! LOL.

Thanks again. think I'll order it.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
Thanks.

sauce a problem w/ the alumium cups? Hum....didn't think that would be an issue w/ the alum. I know what I use just degrades plastic easily...but haven't see any issues w/ any type of metals. Simple enough to remedy if I see it causing damage...I saw the tissue thread! LOL.

Thanks again. think I'll order it.
not a problem but i do it just in case but it also insulates the tyre more

i just use kitchen tissue folded in half and cut , does 2 tyres nicely

toilet roll is a bit too small

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.