R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2008, 11:39 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic
 
vadersing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 935
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Tire recommendations for wet asphalt

It's the rainy season now, and my local races continue even though the track is wet. Need help on tire recommendations please. Currently, we are all drifting around the track.

Thanks
vadersing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:30 AM   #2
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadersing View Post
It's the rainy season now, and my local races continue even though the track is wet. Need help on tire recommendations please. Currently, we are all drifting around the track.

Thanks
small rain can Sorex 28R with JB Foam insert !
more wet need Pit tire with JB Foam insert .
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:08 AM   #3
Tech Elite
 
joe of loath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,857
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

pit shimizu D20's are the choice at my track. a little hard to find though.
__________________
HPI E-Firestorm - Tamiya TA05 racer (carbon chassis, 10.5 brushless etc) - LRP Blast S10 BX - Revo 2.5r truggy conversion (in progress)
joe of loath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:11 AM   #4
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,761
Default

Pit Shimizu's D20's are always popular in the wet, some people fit the 21mm tyres on to 24mm rims to widen the tread pattern.

There is also the 'intermediates' such as;



These are all good in very wet conditions, it's that 'damp' stage that most tyres, including wet's, have a problem.

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:13 AM   #5
Tech Elite
 
joe of loath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,857
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I used 26mm shimizus in the dry once.


now THAT was fun
__________________
HPI E-Firestorm - Tamiya TA05 racer (carbon chassis, 10.5 brushless etc) - LRP Blast S10 BX - Revo 2.5r truggy conversion (in progress)
joe of loath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:16 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic
 
vadersing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 935
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Thank you guys for the recommendations.

Does anyone know where i can buy Pit Shimizu tires online? And which inserts are good for use in wet weather?

Track temp about 18 degrees



Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Pit Shimizu's D20's are always popular in the wet, some people fit the 21mm tyres on to 24mm rims to widen the tread pattern.

There is also the 'intermediates' such as;



These are all good in very wet conditions, it's that 'damp' stage that most tyres, including wet's, have a problem.

Skiddins
vadersing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:17 PM   #7
Tech Elite
 
joe of loath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,857
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadersing View Post
Thank you guys for the recommendations.

Does anyone know where i can buy Pit Shimizu tires online? And which inserts are good for use in wet weather?

Track temp about 18 degrees
RCmart i think, and they come with the right inserts.
__________________
HPI E-Firestorm - Tamiya TA05 racer (carbon chassis, 10.5 brushless etc) - LRP Blast S10 BX - Revo 2.5r truggy conversion (in progress)
joe of loath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:51 PM   #8
Tech Apprentice
 
mmario777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 81
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

They are also available as LRP D20
http://www.lrp.cc/de/produkte/vtec-r...adial/details/
mmario777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:06 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net