Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T2’009

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
Glad that Steve was able to help. He has been a great help to me as well. How did you do at Ripon?
Do you race around norcal?
Old 10-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 147 (99%+)

Originally Posted by LOSI123
Help needed,
Near the end of my t2009 eu build manual it shows putting the front shocks on the car and it has a note saying to space out the shocks as an option and it will make the car easier to drive/less steering. my ? is that it says do this for the "FRONT " shocks next to the rear & also the front shocks.
Anyone know what it does for the back end / front end.
surly its a bit of a typo, maybe?
Have used (top+bottom) of front shocks spaced on low/med grip successfully, it was nicer to drive
Old 10-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Do you race around norcal?
No, I am in SoCal and so is KingofBMain. What are you doing in the XRAY thread?
Old 10-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

No, I am in SoCal and so is KingofBMain. What are you doing in the XRAY thread?
Ohhh. Your no fun

Haha thought id stop by. Your car looks sick BTW. Those black wire markers are sick. I got me a few
Old 10-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks, I told you that they are legit. Your new body is sick, as well as your new car.

I have been lurking in the Mi4 thread a lot
Old 10-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

That's XRAY's fault, not mine. I can't rotate the shaft 90º and reinstall. My issue with the ECS is the fact that mine are binding. The couplings are binding in the shaft. Thread lock is not the culprit either... I am going to send them in to Hudy America as I just purchased the units.
The ECS' can't be assembled "out of phase". Yours aren't out of phase either. Assuming you rebuilt them and greased them properly with Hudy graphite grease before installing them, you should pull them out and disassemble them, clean all parts thoroughly and reassemble one piece at a time checking for binding at every step. If you find the couplings are binding, try interchanging them to see if they have a better fit in a different position.
Also, looking at your pics, are you aware there are two different length pins? Each shaft takes one short and one long. It looks to me like you have both long pins on one shaft... an easy mistake to make if you reassembled them at the same.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
The ECS' can't be assembled "out of phase". Yours aren't out of phase either. Assuming you rebuilt them and greased them properly with Hudy graphite grease before installing them, you should pull them out and disassemble them, clean all parts thoroughly and reassemble one piece at a time checking for binding at every step. If you find the couplings are binding, try interchanging them to see if they have a better fit in a different position.
Also, looking at your pics, are you aware there are two different length pins? Each shaft takes one short and one long. It looks to me like you have both long pins on one shaft... an easy mistake to make if you reassembled them at the same.

Lutz to the rescue!
Old 10-02-2009, 01:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FK05 lover
Have used (top+bottom) of front shocks spaced on low/med grip successfully, it was nicer to drive

thanks

Also anyone know is the muchmore shock oils are rated the same as xray shock oils.

i know they are both in the hundreds and not tenths eg: 300 350 400 etc.....

kit setup of my 009 eu has 350 oil and i noticed a lot of pro driver setups stating 600 and 700 shock oil?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LOSI123
thanks

Also anyone know is the muchmore shock oils are rated the same as xray shock oils.

i know they are both in the hundreds and not tenths eg: 300 350 400 etc.....

kit setup of my 009 eu has 350 oil and i noticed a lot of pro driver setups stating 600 and 700 shock oil?
CST ratings for oil, 350, 500 etc are linear, meaning 600 has twice the viscosity of 300 etc.

Where as the 'W' ratings are not 'tenths' of the CST ratings, they are a different system of measurement (not a very good one) and are not linear, has no known standard, and subsequently varies from manufacturer to manufacturer

Yes, I believe that the CST ratings should be virtually the same between Much More and Xray
Old 10-02-2009, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

[QUOTE=LOSI123;6418967]thanks

QUOTE]

They are close but not exactly the same. Ive got all the muchmore oils cause they are just as good as the xray oil And alot cheaper. They arent the same though because the xray 350 is alot thinner than the muchmore 350 They are the only ones i can compare...

Antoni
Old 10-02-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
I have already done that and assembled them one at a time. Remember, I have three of these. The steel coupling is binding inside of the shaft. I tried to switch them and same result. I am sending them back to Hudy America and hopefully they can take care of the problem.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

I need help!!

I rebuilt my diffs but they are still gritty. I have rebuilt them many time before and this has never happened. I sanded the rings on the thrust assembly and diff rings.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by gonzo416
I need help!!

I rebuilt my diffs but they are still gritty. I have rebuilt them many time before and this has never happened. I sanded the rings on the thrust assembly and diff rings.
Change out the cone washers. Best bet is to just get a new diff next time.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gonzo416
I need help!!

Most of the time it's the thrust bearing, you may need to replace it.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

That's XRAY's fault, not mine. I can't rotate the shaft 90º and reinstall. My issue with the ECS is the fact that mine are binding. The couplings are binding in the shaft. Thread lock is not the culprit either... I am going to send them in to Hudy America as I just purchased the units.
100% garantee you the problem is that loctite touched your graphite grease. If it touches at all, it spreads around to all the grease and turns it into like a glue. Iv done it myself, and have fixed the exact same issue on other xrays who had the same problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.