R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2008, 03:35 PM   #121
Tech Regular
 
blee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Covina, California, USA
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Huligan View Post
I spoke with Ralph at RC America and they expect to get the T2'009 kits in about 2 weeks. No price yet, but it will definitely not change between 12/31/2008 and 1/1/2009. Also, the first shipment has kits for US and Canada so LHS will get them at about the same time. Follow the link if you want more details.

It's selling in Hong Kong right now..... US$410.

blee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:42 PM   #122
Tech Master
 
RCBuddha's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,939
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know how much shipping usually runs from Hong Kong to the USA? The T2'008 price is pretty tempting to say the least...
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #123
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,494
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Estimated $30-40 or more depending on how fast you have to have it.
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:23 PM   #124
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Mr hudy mentioned he liked black and purple.. Maybe I won't have to get my car anodized myself... mmm all black 009...
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:47 AM   #125
Tech Adept
 
RC Huligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBuddha View Post
Anyone know how much shipping usually runs from Hong Kong to the USA? The T2'008 price is pretty tempting to say the least...
You can use the USPS Postage Price Calculator to get a good idea. Your best bet is to go with the Priority Mail International price. You would get it in 6-10 days.

The T2'008 price is very tempting. It also just won best touring car in the December issue of Xtreme RC Cars. If you buy it in the US, you should be able to get the T2'008 for about $450. RC America does have all 3 versions in stock so your favorite XRAY dealer can get it for you.
__________________
I help run RCXRAY.com, an online store where XRAY fans buy their RC cars & kits.
RC Huligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:35 AM   #126
Tech Adept
 
Gain Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Down on the corner out in the street
Posts: 249
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gain Time View Post
Are there "any" performance differences or is it all cosmetic? Sorry if it has been stated and I missed it but from what I am reading it seems to be the color of the aluminum.
I assume the lack of response means no or no one really knows.

thanks.
__________________
DON'T TAZE' ME BRO!!!!!!
Gain Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:39 AM   #127
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Paris - France
Posts: 399
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gain Time View Post
I assume the lack of response means no or no one really knows.

thanks.
Well, the 009 have just been shipped to RC stores and the first buyers must be building them
I have both cars and they are very similar as they share the same platform, 009 bring minor improvements in parts and the possibility to fit Lipo batteries much easily but I don't expect revolution on the track...
If you don't have the 008, just go with the 009 you won't be disapointed.
Ralf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:43 AM   #128
Tech Adept
 
RC Huligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gain Time View Post
I assume the lack of response means no or no one really knows.

thanks.
I think someone with experience with the T2'009 has to answer this question. I asked Paul Lemieux about his thoughts on the T2'009 before the Worlds in Thailand and he said "Martin Hudy and other Euro drivers did do alot of great testing with it" before taking it to the Worlds. Also, "XRAY did a lot of testing in Bangkok."

I don't have anything definitive to tell you, but it seems to me that testing would not be necessary if the touring car only underwent cosmetic changes. XRAY did their standard thing where they try to reduce rotating mass and part weight. I believe it's also more versatile and flexible (in regards to options).

We just don't know how much of an improvement these changes make to its performance until someone drives it and tells us.
__________________
I help run RCXRAY.com, an online store where XRAY fans buy their RC cars & kits.
RC Huligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:23 AM   #129
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 24
Default

Whats the smallest 64p spur you guys are running with the 1.7 FDR on the 008/009? I will be running 13.5 and 10.5 rubber on a 80 X 50 carpet track. Was looking at 96,98 and 100 RW spurs from Nexus but they are out of stock. I want to get some spurs ordered so I can have them when the car arrives any know where I can get them?

Thanks, Greg
gfarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:28 AM   #130
Tech Master
 
mickrcarver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Marietta Ohio
Posts: 1,466
Trader Rating: 98 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfarb View Post
Whats the smallest 64p spur you guys are running with the 1.7 FDR on the 008/009? I will be running 13.5 and 10.5 rubber on a 80 X 50 carpet track. Was looking at 96,98 and 100 RW spurs from Nexus but they are out of stock. I want to get some spurs ordered so I can have them when the car arrives any know where I can get them?

Thanks, Greg
Im running a 106/42 combo on my us carpet w/57 to 58mm foams and it has good pull and speed for our track and is close to the size of your track
__________________
www.ovrccc.com
www.speedybillsrc.com
mickrcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:31 AM   #131
Tech Fanatic
 
cliferton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NOT JONESBORO or HENDERSON
Posts: 859
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

So if it has shipped to the LHS. whats the bottom line?? Surely they have not shipped without a price agreed upon.
__________________
Forget the small things I'm just here to wheel!!!!

Part of the tripod
cliferton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:41 AM   #132
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 24
Default

Does anyone know where I can get 64p spurs 100t or less that will work on the 008/009? I know nexus has them but they are out of stock.
gfarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:43 AM   #133
Tech Adept
 
RC Huligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliferton View Post
So if it has shipped to the LHS. whats the bottom line?? Surely they have not shipped without a price agreed upon.
If a LHS has received their T2'009 then they know the price. The packing sheet includes the dealer and MAP prices. If they don't know the price they probably don't have the T2'009.
__________________
I help run RCXRAY.com, an online store where XRAY fans buy their RC cars & kits.
RC Huligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:09 AM   #134
Tech Adept
 
Gain Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Down on the corner out in the street
Posts: 249
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Huligan View Post
I think someone with experience with the T2'009 has to answer this question. I asked Paul Lemieux about his thoughts on the T2'009 before the Worlds in Thailand and he said "Martin Hudy and other Euro drivers did do alot of great testing with it" before taking it to the Worlds. Also, "XRAY did a lot of testing in Bangkok."

I don't have anything definitive to tell you, but it seems to me that testing would not be necessary if the touring car only underwent cosmetic changes. XRAY did their standard thing where they try to reduce rotating mass and part weight. I believe it's also more versatile and flexible (in regards to options).

We just don't know how much of an improvement these changes make to its performance until someone drives it and tells us.
Thank you for the response. I guess I need to be more patient but I am getting to a spot where I am ready to sell the 008 and get a new one or opt for the 009. I just couldnt see anything that was different from the pics. This is like Christmas Eve and waiting on Santa.

thanks again.
__________________
DON'T TAZE' ME BRO!!!!!!
Gain Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:15 AM   #135
Tech Master
 
RCBuddha's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,939
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Huligan View Post
You can use the USPS Postage Price Calculator to get a good idea. Your best bet is to go with the Priority Mail International price. You would get it in 6-10 days.

The T2'008 price is very tempting. It also just won best touring car in the December issue of Xtreme RC Cars. If you buy it in the US, you should be able to get the T2'008 for about $450. RC America does have all 3 versions in stock so your favorite XRAY dealer can get it for you.
Thanks for the link to the postage calculator. I think I might go with rcxray.com; as the rcmarket site left me feeling a little leery about ordering from Hong Kong.

To Anyone: The pictures on the RCXray.com site show that the '008 can fit my Orion Carbon 3200 packs w/o modification. Does anyone know if the 3400 and the 3800 are the same size as the 3200 that I have?
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC equipments for Sale ijnek Malaysian R/C Racers 22836 09-09-2009 02:50 PM
Xray T2 009 is here FK05 lover Australian Racing 436 08-02-2009 03:41 AM
RaceCraft TC Challenge Kylelim Singapore R/C Racers 119 07-03-2009 09:08 AM
Brushless touring car Salt Air Electric On-Road 9 04-20-2009 04:45 AM
Mana nak beli Xrayt2'009 tq9911 Malaysian R/C Racers 131 04-14-2009 11:10 PM
Wanna start elec this year, need help gentleman81 Electric On-Road 20 02-21-2009 02:15 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:41 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net