R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-21-2009, 09:16 PM   #826
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcterp View Post
I love my 009, but if you like the Corally why switch? It's actually great to have some variety of cars on the track. If you're fast with the RDX there's no need to switch.
I agree 100% .. but I have to say, out of all the RC cars i have built over the years, the precision and quality of the Xray 009 is just amazing. The only thing I DON'T like about Hudy and Xray... is how painfully overpriced all their products are. Don't get me wrong.. they are top shelf quality, but certainly marked up more than any other brand out there.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:52 PM   #827
Tech Master

Well just to add my two cents..The whole stock team meaning 17.5 and 13.5 foam guys all ran the same setup on the car and had great results from the Roar carpet nats..If you want a good setup for 13.5 carpet check mine out from the carpet nats at teamxray.com it seems to work well everywhere...If you chose to buy and T2009 fill free to contact me and I will help you with the car..Our team support is one of the best out there..The thing about the price is you get what you pay for..The only car that has us beat on price is the TC5..Everybody else is really close or more...So like I said you get what you pay for...But I'm sure you know that...Later Drew
Old 04-22-2009, 12:54 AM   #828
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Are you sure it's the crappy shocks or the crappy builder building the crappy shocks? But seriously, there's nothing wrong with them. What problem are you having with them?

I think it was the crappy builder LOL !! I rebuilt them last night and think I have got it sorted. Took some time though
FLAT OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:16 AM   #829
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Xray has the best manufacturing tolerances out of any company out there. Quality, fit and finish are top notch.
K.Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:48 AM   #830
Tech Adept

I Have LRP SPX Speedo and a 13.5 Duo. The track is 100' x 60'. This is for rubber tire on asphalt. Where should I start with a FDR?

Also what timing on the Duo 0* or 10* should I use in profile 7 on the speedo

Any help would be greaty appreciated.
Thanks
noline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:33 AM   #831
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
Well just to add my two cents..The whole stock team meaning 17.5 and 13.5 foam guys all ran the same setup on the car and had great results from the Roar carpet nats..If you want a good setup for 13.5 carpet check mine out from the carpet nats at teamxray.com it seems to work well everywhere...If you chose to buy and T2009 fill free to contact me and I will help you with the car..Our team support is one of the best out there..The thing about the price is you get what you pay for..The only car that has us beat on price is the TC5..Everybody else is really close or more...So like I said you get what you pay for...But I'm sure you know that...Later Drew
Thanks Drew I appreciate the offer. Actually You helped me with my '007 set up at the 2007 Grand Finally at The Gate in Cleveland. You and some of the other guys were really helpfull. I do agree that Xay has great support and the team is a great bunch of guys. I actually won another '007 at the raffle there. So I made out when I sold them both for the PHI(LOL) I know the only way to know is to just buy one, but I am scared to fight with set-ups like I did with the 007 and then lose money when or if I decide to sell it.
Another thing is if buy one it won't be until carpet season starts up again in October, but won't there be a new car shortly after that? I mean Didn't the 009 come out in December or somewhere around there?
kobiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:43 AM   #832
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 98 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noline View Post
I Have LRP SPX Speedo and a 13.5 Duo. The track is 100' x 60'. This is for rubber tire on asphalt. Where should I start with a FDR?

Also what timing on the Duo 0* or 10* should I use in profile 7 on the speedo

Any help would be greaty appreciated.
Thanks
4.20 and I run 0 timing, I have the same layout
Old 04-22-2009, 05:03 PM   #833
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

FWD Motor Position Conversion Set (300943)

I looked into this front belt tension issues that some of you are reporting with the FWD Motor Conversion (This conversion uses 38T diff pulleys, as well as dedicated top decks and belts). With the standard (0) eccentric bearing holders, rear belt tension is normal; however, with the standard (0) eccentric bearing holders, the front belt IS excessively tight. So much so that I would hesitate to use this tuning option in spec or limited motor classes (17.5, 13.5, 105. etc) due to the tension. I have determined that correct front belt tension can be achieved by using optional (+1) eccentric bearing holders (part no. 302077) on the front diff pulley.

I hope that some of you will find this info helpful.

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:04 PM   #834
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For your info I call RC Americaabout the fwd conversion, it does convert it to a 1.9
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:07 PM   #835
Tech Master

While I am on the subject of FWD motor position, if you want to 'optimize' the most out of testing a forward motor position, be sure you are using the largest possible spur (to achieve your desired gearing). This will ensure that the motor will be mounted as far forward as possible. (Conversely, the smaller the spur gear, the more rearward the motor position will be.)

Old 04-22-2009, 05:10 PM   #836
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat View Post
For your info I call RC Americaabout the fwd conversion, it does convert it to a 1.9
Thanks. The optional parts, both the 300943 and 3000944, each use the 38T diff pulleys in conjunction with the 20T idler pulleys, achieving a 1.9 internal drive ratio.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #837
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
I agree 100% .. but I have to say, out of all the RC cars i have built over the years, the precision and quality of the Xray 009 is just amazing. The only thing I DON'T like about Hudy and Xray... is how painfully overpriced all their products are. Don't get me wrong.. they are top shelf quality, but certainly marked up more than any other brand out there.
Aren't Corally and Tamiya just as expensive?
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:11 PM   #838
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Filipow View Post

I looked into this front belt tension issues that some of you are reporting with the FWD Motor Conversion (This conversion uses 38T diff pulleys, as well as dedicated top decks and belts). With the standard (0) eccentric bearing holders, rear belt tension is normal; however, with the standard (0) eccentric bearing holders, the front belt IS excessively tight. So much so that I would hesitate to use this tuning option in spec or limited motor classes (17.5, 13.5, 105. etc) due to the tension. I have determined that correct front belt tension can be achieved by using optional (+1) eccentric bearing holders (part no. 302077) on the front diff pulley.

any ideas to soften the beltbecause this would be tight for mod
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #839
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Filipow View Post

The rear belt is too tight as well, but after running them on the bench for a while, I don't think they are quite so tight anymore, but still a bit too much for my liking.

I will hopefully try the 1mm eccentric bearing holders at the weekend, that should do it.

Can't help but feel that the motor position change could have been thought through slightly better in the first place to allow better fitment of belts

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #840
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to c1 racin Send a message via AIM to c1 racin Send a message via Yahoo to c1 racin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Lets see .... What do you say are the best three TC ..... I'ld say these:

from NeXus Racing
XRAY T2'009 ~ $499.95 / $489.95 @ Stormer IN STOCK on BOTH SITES!!

from Speedtech
Tamiya TRF416 World's Edition ~ $489.99 / $599.99 @ Tower Hobbies OUT OF STOCK on BOTH SITES!

Hot Bodies Cyclone TC Competition ~ $389.99 / $419.99 @ Tower Hobbies OUT OF STOCK on BOTH SITES!

I get so tired of reading that ....
c1 racin is offline   Reply With Quote