R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #631
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Well, I ran the car for the first time Sat. night and after a few changes , the car felt great. No broken parts , which wasnt' too bad considering I've run carpet all of 5 times in the last year.

I've checked all I can on the car and everything looks good. Hubs are 1l, 1r , however I did notice one hub had an "H" on it , obviously for 'hard'. As for slop in the hubs, Iv'e got the worst case of OCD and make sure my cars dont' have slop in them. And, being an Xray, they already have the tightest tolerances of any company out there.

It's quite possible it's the setup station, and when I race again, I'll have someone else check it on their station.
K.Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:13 AM   #632
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
No, but have you tried the asphalt top deck, which is thinner and more flexible?

Skiddins
Yes i have the thin top deck, but i built a display kit T2R Pro for my LHS, and the finished chassis feels very supple, much like the original Scythe, where it was a weapon on low grip tracks.

Has anyone seen the T2R Chassis for sale online anywhere? The Aussie importer has not ordered any yet, thinking that if anyone broke the chassis plate they would want to update to graphite, not downgrade to fibreglass
Old 03-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #633
Tech Rookie

Sorry this may be an old question but I can't find the answer anywhere.
Can I buy the option parts ie chassis brace + cell/lipo posts in orange to match the rest of the alu bits for the 09.
(sorry for hijacking the thread)
smiffys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #634
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Hey Xray fellas. Been out of the game for about 6 years and have decided to make the new Xray my new TC. I hope to purchase it tonight or tomorrow (rcmarket a good place?) My question is simple, and I couldn't find a simple answer:

They make the asphault "EU" edition, and the carpet "US" edition. What the heck is the difference? I take it they are not simply meant to be released on two different continents? Is one (Eu) simply optimised for rubber/asphault, and the other (us) optimised for foam/carpet? Different top plate? What else? I was looking for a basic explination, and coudlnt' find one. Thanks for the info!

(btw, I plan on picking up two, one for me and one for the misses that wants to get into TC racing )

-Cpt.
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #635
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Hey Xray fellas. Been out of the game for about 6 years and have decided to make the new Xray my new TC. I hope to purchase it tonight or tomorrow (rcmarket a good place?) My question is simple, and I couldn't find a simple answer:

They make the asphault "EU" edition, and the carpet "US" edition. What the heck is the difference? I take it they are not simply meant to be released on two different continents? Is one (Eu) simply optimised for rubber/asphault, and the other (us) optimised for foam/carpet? Different top plate? What else? I was looking for a basic explination, and coudlnt' find one. Thanks for the info!

(btw, I plan on picking up two, one for me and one for the misses that wants to get into TC racing )

-Cpt.
EU...thinner chassis and top deck, long axles, and spool

US....thicker chassis and top deck, short axles and diff front and rear

Old 03-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #636
Super Moderator

1) So safe to assume that if I am going to be primarily racing on asphault/rubber, I should order EU editions?

2) Why do they call them EU and US versions, and not asphault and carpet editions?

3) Is Rcmarket not a US company? Good place to buy from? What kind of shipping times should I expect?

Thanks fellas !
Old 03-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #637
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

1) So safe to assume that if I am going to be primarily racing on asphault/rubber, I should order EU editions?
If you are going to run rubber tires on carpet or asphalt the EU edition is most likely the one for you.

The U.S. edition is designed for foam tires on carpet, thus the thicker chassis pieces, harder arms, dual diff's and different lengths of drive shafts between the two version's.

2) Why do they call them EU and US versions, and not asphault and carpet editions?
The million dollar question.

3) Is Rcmarket not a US company? Good place to buy from? What kind of shipping times should I expect?
No they are not. I believe they are in Hong Kong. Shipping, depends on how much you want to pay.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:33 PM   #638
Super Moderator

i WANT to pay as little as possible Are they a reputable retailer? Anybody here purchase from them? Any issues? Shipping speeds relativly acceptable? Anywhere else you recommend to purchase from that has good prices on the 009?
Old 03-28-2009, 10:56 PM   #639
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

if your looking for a American company i would recommend Stormer hobbies, i had my stuff within the week to Australia and they have good prices.

Last edited by l337; 03-29-2009 at 01:46 AM.
l337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:15 PM   #640
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

2nd the stormer plug very good place and good prices
Rdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:04 AM   #641
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
The million dollar question.
Because in Europe, where people are not so lazy, we also run indoors carpet and rubber tires. More of a setup challange and more realistic. Having thinner chassis allows more flex thus more grip on carpet.
Logika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:15 AM   #642
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logika View Post
Because in Europe, where people are not so lazy, we also run indoors carpet and rubber tires. More of a setup challange and more realistic. Having thinner chassis allows more flex thus more grip on carpet.
uuhmm... what?
Old 03-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #643
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
uuhmm... what?
I`ve tried foams out of curiosity on 1/10 electric touring. It`s so easy to set the car up. Traction all over no understeer or oversteer it was too easy. But nitro is impossibe without foams, too much power.
Logika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:16 AM   #644
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logika View Post
I`ve tried foams out of curiosity on 1/10 electric touring. It`s so easy to set the car up. Traction all over no understeer or oversteer it was too easy. But nitro is impossibe without foams, too much power.
You have no idea what you are talking about. IMO, foam cars are more difficult to set up than rubber cars.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:36 AM   #645
Tech Addict

That's an easy generalization to make, but it's wrong.

Foam seems easy if you're just throwing them on the car and running it once. It's got way more grip and feels better than the best rubber car. However, when you start to compete, you realize even with all your grip, other guys are putting 4 laps on you. There's a lot of little tricks in foam to be fast, maybe even more than rubber. The work required to keep it there is what's driving people back to rubber tires.

A 13.5 foam car will do significantly faster laps than a 6 cell mod rubber car. I think that's part of the reason mod isn't as popular in the states. Here's an example from IIC 2008. (13.5 foam | mod rubber)
Adam? is offline   Reply With Quote