R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #2461
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilks View Post
Hello everybody,

As I am fairly new with electric onroad (only going into my 2nd season now), I don't have any experience with re-building ball-diffs. Does anybody have any advice? And what grease to use?
Hudy diff grease 106212
yellowshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:10 PM   #2462
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to bigb11

anyone has a t2 009 for sale eu version
PHAT QUAD RACING, HPI/HOTBODIES, RATZAS, DARKSIDE MOTOR SPORTS, PARMA, Brown Engineering, ROBITRONICS, RC AMERICA, PANTHER, TEKIN, TEAM HOLY ROLLER, Rev Tech/Epic, RC AFRICA, HITEC www.browneng.org, DE wheels
bigb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:43 AM   #2463
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay m View Post
iv converted to 20 tooth middle and 38 tooth diffs my my oo9 and the belts are the same as my t3 belts hope that helps a little
Thanks, after much searching I found the same. I ve ordered some cheap belts form south korea to test. Also I think you can also do this using a TCX front belt and std cylone rear belt, no idea why you would want to use HB stuff but if you got stuck for some reason!!! 171tooth front and 63tooth rear. Yoke BD may also fit.
michael.branth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:50 AM   #2464
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb11 View Post
anyone has a t2 009 for sale eu version
Hi Marvet,

I have a brand new one here;

http://www41.instantestore.net/merch...xray-t2009.cfm

Thx, M

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:17 AM   #2465
Tech Addict

Quote:
Another question:

I am trying to flip the belts, but I have a slight problem. I am using the original Xray LiPo Balancing Chassis Weights (#309860), and the inner weights are in the way of the main belt if I try to flip the belts.

Have anyone tried flipping the belts with the original chassis and the LiPo Balancing Chassis Weights?
Anyone?
Nilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:35 AM   #2466
Tech Adept

Hi, has anyone tried the xray 009 EU ashpalt top decks (not just the main asphalt top deck, but the rear asphalt top deck as well) for indoors. I'm lacking overall grip on a low/medium grip indoor track and want to try it. Can anyone give me a good idea if its worth using both decks, rather than just the main asphalt deck and the standard EU rear deck? Thanks
maxg123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:28 AM   #2467
Tech Adept

Quote:
Anyone?
Hi, I have not done this but the T2's were never designed to have there belts flipped, it just happens that you can. The other thing is you can do it with 38t pulley's as well as the 34t. TBH I have my belts flipped but it does'nt gain a great advantage as the top deck is so low any way,( the T3 designed to have flipped belts has a higher top-deck) it may be just what you need to get the balance right but I would not do it because it is automatically better, just another option.

hope that helps
michael.branth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #2468
Tech Initiate

Hi, am new in xray... Just got some un answered question from the track member...

I am running a foam spec T2 009, soo far am happy with my car setup and hop up parts.

My question is what are the benefit or diffrences of running an internal ratio 1.9 using 38T pully front and back i.e T3 internal ratio, comaprison with the stock 1.7 34T front and back ie: T2 internal ratio, and most of the track mamber says it produce more speed.. Which i think no diffrence if i got same fdr, please some one need help
Duckster Brunei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #2469
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckster Brunei View Post
Hi, am new in xray... Just got some un answered question from the track member...

I am running a foam spec T2 009, soo far am happy with my car setup and hop up parts.

My question is what are the benefit or diffrences of running an internal ratio 1.9 using 38T pully front and back i.e T3 internal ratio, comaprison with the stock 1.7 34T front and back ie: T2 internal ratio, and most of the track mamber says it produce more speed.. Which i think no diffrence if i got same fdr, please some one need help
FDR is all that matters when you are trying to compare gearing from one car to another... the exact size of the pullies/internal ratio doesn't really matter. The only real difference, is that a 1.9 car will have a different motor position than a 1.7 ratio on the same car. (motor slightly more forward with one, and slightly more rearward with the other)

Some say they can actually feel a difference, something like it feeling "smoother", but I call BS. its a placebo affect only. But.. the motor position will have an affect on how the car handles.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #2470
Tech Initiate

Thaks for that explaination soo there is no difference between 1.7 and 1.9 coz the T3 have made 1.9 just to shift the motor position inward and more centre of chassis, lengthen the belt drive and oversize the pully soo that ther position of the bulkhead and pully will still have the same position as T2... Am i right ... thats is what i can think of right now
Duckster Brunei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #2471
Tech Regular

What are the 009 eu with a citrix 17-5 combo,air 737 servo one new rcgt mus.bod and a dodge,mazda bodies used and quite a few parts going for,Thanks!
tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #2472
Tech Addict

How often do I have to change diff plates? I saw the videos with Jilles Groskamp, and he changes them everytime. But I just took a look on mine, and they look good (without ever having seen a diff-plate before )
Old 09-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #2473
Regional Moderator

Quote:
How often do I have to change diff plates? I saw the videos with Jilles Groskamp, and he changes them everytime. But I just took a look on mine, and they look good (without ever having seen a diff-plate before )
Unless they have a deep groove worn in them, just sand, clean, and re-use them. Sure, sponsored drivers can afford to change them every time.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #2474
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
Unless they have a deep groove worn in them, just sand, clean, and re-use them. Sure, sponsored drivers can afford to change them every time.
Picture is attached. My diff-plates feel smooth - despite the black line.
Attached Thumbnails
-img_0115.jpg  
Old 09-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #2475
Regional Moderator

Quote:
My diff-plates feel smooth - despite the black line.
Just sand them with 400 or 500 grit sandpaper until you can't see the black line anymore. Clean them with motor spray and re-build the diff.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote