R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #1516
Tech Addict
 
JamesReilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: My Lab
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Whats up Alex,
I was running the hyperdrive plate as well and switched to the xray weights because I didn't like running the lipo pads for the top deck. The front one make that area around the steering pivot 5.5mm thick and the rear brace is 2.5mm thick which is 0.5mm thicker then the stock one which i felt like it hurt rear traction alittle bit. I've also found the car flex's more evenly without the plate under the battery. The xray part is a little more money but i think you gain in several key aspects of car handling overall. In the end, any of the combination's are solid so if you are confident in your choice you'll be more confident on the track and that matters more then any part that you can bolt on.

Best regards,
James
__________________
Reilly Paint ([email protected])
JamesReilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:33 AM   #1517
Tech Regular
 
Catalyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 252
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Alex not sure why you had to add extra ballast to make 1420 when using the hyperdrive 108g plate. I actually am only using the Xray 'L' brackets without the two 30g brass inserts because I had to lose weight. I'm running the SMC 5200 though and it's about 320g alone. As you stated - depending on people's electronics ballast will vary significantly.

I agree with James - I didn't like the graphite LiPo spacers under the top deck and with a taller battery like the 5200 I could barely slide a piece of paper between the raised top deck and the battery. Offsetting the battery allows clearance and you get more predictable torsional flex without the pads. Shifting the battery out without weight on the outer edge also allows for balancing without creating more weight to leverage up when making turns. Keep your weight centerline - never add ballast on the outer edge. Sure it will balance easy but you are actually going to keep your car from transitioning through corners evenly on both sides.
Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #1518
Tech Master
 
Alex C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: On a ship in the warm seas with no sail !!!
Posts: 1,638
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesReilly View Post
Whats up Alex,
I was running the hyperdrive plate as well and switched to the xray weights because I didn't like running the lipo pads for the top deck. The front one make that area around the steering pivot 5.5mm thick and the rear brace is 2.5mm thick which is 0.5mm thicker then the stock one which i felt like it hurt rear traction alittle bit. I've also found the car flex's more evenly without the plate under the battery. The xray part is a little more money but i think you gain in several key aspects of car handling overall. In the end, any of the combination's are solid so if you are confident in your choice you'll be more confident on the track and that matters more then any part that you can bolt on.

Best regards,
James

James, Catalyst,

Perhaps I did not explain myself clearly on my last post ........ my apologies!!!

In both cases I did not use the Xray Lipo Pads with the Xray Lipo Weights,
I use the SMC 6000Mah 28C pack's which fit perfectly without making any modifications to the top plate or L brackets.

When I started to use the HyperDrive 108g Lipo Plates I typically place the Lipo's off to the side, which I find the plate to be at the lowest point of the CG as per the attached photo's below.

And I do agree with both of your assumptions specific to the use of the Lipo Pads, although for my application I am using a KoPropo 2413 Servo with a Ko Propo Brushless ESC.............. understandably everyone's electronics will vary dependant upon on weight of the electronics.

Catalyst,

I also totally agree on placing the weight as close to center line as possible, which truly does effects the handling of the car.

Thanks again .................Alex
Attached Thumbnails
-img00025-20090814-1151.jpg   -img00030-20090814-1211.jpg   -img00027-20090814-1209.jpg  
__________________
Alex Cortez
Thank You to all My Sponsors
Ko Propo USA / RC America - Xray - Hudy / Max Power Engines / VP PowerMaster Fuel / Team Espo - "Lay it down Prop"!!!!

Last edited by Alex C; 08-14-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Alex C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:55 AM   #1519
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex C View Post
James, Catalyst,

Perhaps I did not explain myself clearly on my last post ........ my apologies!!!

In both cases I did not use the Xray Lipo Pads with the Xray Lipo Weights,
I use the SMC 6000Mah 28C pack's which fit perfectly without making any modifications to the top plate or L brackets.

When I started to use the HyperDrive 108g Lipo Plates I typically place the Lipo's off to the side, which I find the plate to be at the lowest point of the CG as per the attached photo's below.

And I do agree with both of your assumptions specific to the use of the Lipo Pads, although for my application I am using a KoPropo 2413 Servo with a Ko Propo Brushless ESC.............. understandably everyone's electronics will vary dependant upon on weight of the electronics.

Catalyst,

I also totally agree on placing the weight as close to center line as possible, which truly does effects the handling of the car.

Thanks again .................Alex
Have you tried flipping the belts so you can move the electronics slightly closer to the centreline, which should in turn allow you to move the lipo closer to the centre...at the front if not at the back?

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #1520
Tech Regular
 
Catalyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 252
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Skiddins I haven't tried the flip yet but don't really have belt clearance issues. This is my 17.5 setup at 1500g. I'll get some pictures this weekend of my 13.5 setup at 1420g.



Primary changes for 13.5 @ 1420g was removing both 30g brass center weights and the 40g LRP fan. Once my Futaba BLS551 half height is here I'll figure out a new fan solution.
Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:01 PM   #1521
Tech Elite
 
FK05 lover's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: somewhere in 1973
Posts: 2,994
Trader Rating: 147 (99%+)
Cool anti-climax

Finished building my first 09 that I'll actually use (two others were sold on)

Went straight from the bench to the track, only needed a trim adjustment..

On a low grip track, TQ'd & won the final (albeit a club event)

Can't ask for better than that now can you...

Though, I'll point out it was no better than the 08's I've used previously
__________________
CastleHill Raceway...
FK05 lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:09 PM   #1522
Tech Adept
 
RFALLON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hiram
Posts: 180
Send a message via AIM to RFALLON
Default

Where have you guys read about an '010 at?!?!?!
__________________
XRAY T2'009
Nexus Racing
KO PROPO
Novak
JR racing
RFALLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:28 PM   #1523
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,561
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

I don't like running batteries at an angle taped to a metal tray, or raising the top deck. I'd recommend people give the Atomic R/C Lipo Battery Plate a try.
http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/index...emart&Itemid=1

I had previously been running a ton of lead down the center of the car along with the Atomic graphite plate to make 1500. I just removed all of the lead down the center except for 5x7g. Conversion to the new weight standard was easy -- yours can be too
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:22 PM   #1524
Tech Fanatic
 
bjs227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Genesis RC Marshall, Minnesota
Posts: 987
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

tech question:
I pretty much understand mostly everything on the xray setup but one thing. I cant find any info on "ECCENTER." its on the setup sheet but i cant find writings on it in the setup book? What is this?

It had a "Standard" option and a "1" option. Whats it for and or represent?
__________________
Brandon J. Skewes A.K.A "Skittles"
genesisrcraceway.com - skewesjewelry.com - race-rewards.com
bjs227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:59 AM   #1525
Tech Elite
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium
Default

i am pretty sure that refers to the optional diff eccentrics. they are a finer adjustment for raising and lowering the diffs than the stock pieces.
__________________
Wes

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:30 AM   #1526
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFALLON View Post
Where have you guys read about an '010 at?!?!?!
they were testing it @ 2009 European Championships....
I reckon this new one gonna be the Carbon Copy of the Blue car LOL
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #1527
Tech Elite
 
LOSI123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Gold Coast-Australia
Posts: 2,616
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default

Anyone who knows:

I just got my T2 009 EU and my diff outdrives are black?

Are they still the same alloy as what the box and website show? (greyish colour alum diff outdrives)

Last edited by LOSI123; 08-15-2009 at 05:48 PM.
LOSI123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:18 AM   #1528
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,405
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSI123 View Post
Anyone who knows:

I just got my T2 009 EU and my diff outdrives are black?

Are they still the same alloy as what the box and website show? (greyish colour alum diff outdrives)
They are the same, just with a black anodising They are anodising the smaller parts black now. Like the servo posts and the centre layshaft

Antoni
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:22 AM   #1529
Tech Regular
 
Mr. MR4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Malta, EU
Posts: 297
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Maybe the '010 will have black anodising
__________________
Xray T4'16 HobbyWing Xerun 120A V3.1
Xray X1'16 HobbyWing Justock
Yokomo R12C3 HobbyWing Xerun V3.1
Mr. MR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:39 AM   #1530
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

easy to make black color !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC equipments for Sale ijnek Malaysian R/C Racers 22836 09-09-2009 02:50 PM
Xray T2 009 is here FK05 lover Australian Racing 436 08-02-2009 03:41 AM
RaceCraft TC Challenge Kylelim Singapore R/C Racers 119 07-03-2009 09:08 AM
Brushless touring car Salt Air Electric On-Road 9 04-20-2009 04:45 AM
Mana nak beli Xrayt2'009 tq9911 Malaysian R/C Racers 131 04-14-2009 11:10 PM
Wanna start elec this year, need help gentleman81 Electric On-Road 20 02-21-2009 02:15 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:52 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net