R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-03-2008, 07:58 AM   #31
Tech Master
 
shadow102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,441
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

I know in my cyclone I have found rubber tires and low grip conditions the tamiya 3hole 1.1mm pistons with 40wt oil works very well
__________________
Hot Bodies Cyclone - - TeamTekin - - Spektrum - - Team Orion - - Futaba

www.nexusracing.com
www.go-rc.org
shadow102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:07 AM   #32
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
I have seen rp30 tyres blister too (on a low grip track), maybe they only suit certain driving styles? I try not to use them at all now and prefer sorex. For me, Sorex seem to give good consistancy indoors and outdoors.

Tyres are the most important thing when setting the car up, choose the wrong tyre and you simply wont get a good lap time no matter how many other things you change on the car.

My ta05 is 2 years old and probably not in the best condition. It is still capable of putting a good lap time in, all i'm saying is sometimes there is no need for a new chassis, you just need to understand why things are not working well enough
Unfortunately, blistering kind didn't happened with me on last time when using RPs, only with Sorex, but my last race using 32R with A medium insert didn't make feel any good. Off course day-by-day track condition change, we could not compare each tyres with different days. Maybe i have to bring all type of tyres with different conbination of inserts, isn't it?
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:24 AM   #33
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
I know in my cyclone I have found rubber tires and low grip conditions the tamiya 3hole 1.1mm pistons with 40wt oil works very well
It just depends which track condition and brand of oil, mine are Trinity, i need using 50WT with 2 holes to make my car better feel, without foam.
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:57 AM   #34
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Unfortunately, blistering kind didn't happened with me on last time when using RPs, only with Sorex, but my last race using 32R with A medium insert didn't make feel any good. Off course day-by-day track condition change, we could not compare each tyres with different days. Maybe i have to bring all type of tyres with different conbination of inserts, isn't it?
maybe yes but to be honest, any good chassis that is setup well and looked after will put you in the A final with consistant laps.
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:23 PM   #35
Tech Apprentice
 
P956LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 57
Default

Get a baseline setup off somebody. There's bound to be a basic setup you can use from the 415 forum. I used to run on unprepared lots as well, and double diffs were the hot ticket. MSX is an awesome car, how can you get bored with it?

As for tires, I used to run the ING MS-40R (I don't know if they still make it anymore). They were low-profile, and was tolerant to dirt. The X-patterns are useless if they aren't belted, HPI quit making the Advan A038 a long, long time ago.

Sounds like you're overcomplicating some issues... a good baseline setup wouldn't require that much afterthought. Take off any swaybars (they're useless on a tight track), run diffs front and rear, and change the ackerman (run the forward hole on the knuckles). That's what I did to get my TB-02/TA05 dialed on a dirty, tight parking lot. Keeping the tires clean between runs (scrub with toothbrush and water) also helps.
__________________
TL-01, TB-02R, RS4 Pro 3, TA05R, Desert Truck.
P956LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:29 PM   #36
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P956LH View Post
Get a baseline setup off somebody. There's bound to be a basic setup you can use from the 415 forum. I used to run on unprepared lots as well, and double diffs were the hot ticket. MSX is an awesome car, how can you get bored with it?

As for tires, I used to run the ING MS-40R (I don't know if they still make it anymore). They were low-profile, and was tolerant to dirt. The X-patterns are useless if they aren't belted, HPI quit making the Advan A038 a long, long time ago.

Sounds like you're overcomplicating some issues... a good baseline setup wouldn't require that much afterthought. Take off any swaybars (they're useless on a tight track), run diffs front and rear, and change the ackerman (run the forward hole on the knuckles). That's what I did to get my TB-02/TA05 dialed on a dirty, tight parking lot. Keeping the tires clean between runs (scrub with toothbrush and water) also helps.
If you want to talk about those "extinction" tyres, HPI 27R and 33R slick could be fit as well. Unfortunately, i just own a set of unglued 27R.
As well for Pit Shimizu slick tyres, i am not sure if they go well on my track, but from the information of the websites, they fit also on some concrete.
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:06 AM   #37
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Also find out what tyres other people are using. If it works for them it's likely to work for you too
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 21259 Yesterday 10:12 PM
Xray M18 Neil Rabara Electric On-Road 755 06-07-2013 02:38 PM
Pinion/spurs? rsxskyd Electric On-Road 30 09-21-2007 08:33 PM
Warpspeed Racing Art Jensen Electric On-Road 1145 10-03-2003 06:38 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:49 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net