Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago show

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Chicago show

Anyone have chicago hobby show pics other than the lame coverage by RC CAR ACTION. Or was the show just lame?
Old 10-18-2004, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well since the near-90 things RCCA posted were so lame...what specific things were you interested in seeing or hearing about??
Old 10-18-2004, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Well i am not too sure as I didnt go to the show. However I felt the coverage lame due to all the pictures looking like pree releases not actual pictures from the show we didnt get to see any MFG's booths or anything neat. And the new products werent that great. Maybe it was just me.

thanks
Old 10-18-2004, 02:26 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I have photos. I dunno if I'll have time to post them. I'm actually trying to get one of my buddies down here to start helping me with that sort of thing, since I never have the time to post all the stuff I get/do/take any more.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Hobby Show pics...

Here are some pics from this weekends past Hobby Show....Courtesy of Hurricane Motorsports

http://www.teamhurricane.net/iHobby_Chicago/

some things to note...
  • images 32-34 - pretty trick 40Mhz NO crystals radio system. he demo'd it for me and it was cool to see how the system searches out for the open frequency.
  • image 41-43 - the famous or infamous futureal and mike velez of Xtreme R/C Cars and a nitro engine dyno that was reviewed in the magazine...pretty trick.
  • image 51 - the new xray M18T under covers
  • image 62 - new brushless motor technology from LRP/Reedy
  • image 64-71 - AE TC4 with pic of Air Induction System - image 67 Tony Phalen....very helpful and informative regarding the TC4. in stock plastic form the chassis seemed to have some flex in it. i'm sure the graphite upgrades will be perfect for a stiffer setup
  • image 73-80 new Losi JRXS - the car was more impressive in person then in pics. the 3mm chassis was very stiff.
  • image 83-85 - Tamiya TRF415MS - supposed to be a limited edition i believe.
  • image 86-88 - New Corally RDX - i don't remember if that was all 3 pics....but one or all of them is the prototype 3.5mm chassis! thickest and stiffest chassis i've seen to date
  • video 81 - cool rollercoaster that you can put together
  • IMG_5732 side view of TC4.

Thanks for viewing

Last edited by Nexus; 10-18-2004 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Hobby Show pics...

Originally posted by Nexus
Here are some pics from this weekends past Hobby Show....Courtesy of Hurricane Motorsports

http://www.teamhurricane.net/iHobby_Chicago/

Thanks for the link!! some nice close up shots there

-Dave
Old 10-19-2004, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

Thanks guys
Old 10-19-2004, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

I take that back those pics are awsome!!!! Now thats coverage. see the difference?
Old 10-19-2004, 07:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Chicago show

Originally posted by RandyB
Anyone have chicago hobby show pics other than the lame coverage by RC CAR ACTION. Or was the show just lame? ...However I felt the coverage lame due to all the pictures looking like pree releases not actual pictures from the show we didnt get to see any MFG's booths or anything neat.
Just curious what you think was "lame" about the coverage we provided. We drag along a photographer and set-up a temporary studio so we can get the best possible pictures of new products. This is in no way meant to take anything away from the people shooting with regular gear, but I can't imagine you would prefer dark and out-of-focus pictures over pictures that are clear and crisp where you can see every detail. If that's the case, then we can save TONS of money by just bringing along a little point-and-shoot digital. I guess just shooting product pictures doesn't show the exhibitors booths, but I don't think you'll find much of that anywhere on the web either because the people attending the show with cameras are also primarly interested in the new products. I've been doing this for 20 years and this is the first time I've had anyone suggest they prefer poor quality pictures over studio-quality shots, and a desire to see pictures of manufacturers booths. To each his own I guess, but it's a first for me.

I'm glad we went to the effort and expense to provide coverage of the show. The word "lame" just seems to make it all worth it.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:05 AM
Regional Moderator

You can find some additional pictures here: http://photos.hobbytalk.com/showgall...t=500&ppuser=1

This is Hanksters photo album from hobbytalk. He went to the show on Thur and Fri I believe.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

SteveP

Your coverage is excellent. Keep up the good work.

By the way, would you have some photos of the new V2 Fantom motors it would be nice to see.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

SteveP, I'd have to agree with John Doucakis on this one.

I think your coverage of the show is excellent. And what is even better is that we don't have to buy your mag to see all the photos you take! We can just log onto the zone and see all of them!

If I had to think of something to say, it would be not so much a complaint, but a request. For highly anticipated new products, like the JRX-S, perhaps a few more studio quality shots, only from more angles, and showing more parts/sides of the car. That is, unless you have a Losi rep standing over you making sure you don't get to detailed of a shot....I don't know if that is the case or not.

In any case, PLEASE keep up the fantastic work. It's mucho appreciated!

EDIT: Nexus and UnderDaHill, thanks for sharing your shots as well!! Great stuff!!

Last edited by cartmen34; 10-19-2004 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Agreed on both of the last two posts, and I do have more images but it was a pretty busy show and I'm still sorting through some of the images. I'll get both of those items posted as soon as possible. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by SteveP; 10-19-2004 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'll post some pictures here that we shot at the show. I don't have the write-ups complete yet, but here are the pics. They may be a little too clear and detailed for some of us, however.

Old 10-19-2004, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Chicago show

Originally posted by SteveP
Just curious what you think was "lame" about the coverage we provided. We drag along a photographer and set-up a temporary studio so we can get the best possible pictures of new products. This is in no way meant to take anything away from the people shooting with regular gear, but I can't imagine you would prefer dark and out-of-focus pictures over pictures that are clear and crisp where you can see every detail. If that's the case, then we can save TONS of money by just bringing along a little point-and-shoot digital. I guess just shooting product pictures doesn't show the exhibitors booths, but I don't think you'll find much of that anywhere on the web either because the people attending the show with cameras are also primarly interested in the new products. I've been doing this for 20 years and this is the first time I've had anyone suggest they prefer poor quality pictures over studio-quality shots, and a desire to see pictures of manufacturers booths. To each his own I guess, but it's a first for me.

I'm glad we went to the effort and expense to provide coverage of the show. The word "lame" just seems to make it all worth it.
Sorry Steve I in no way intended to discredit your efforts at the show and you guys do great photography. It just doesnt capture the feeling of being their. Look at the photos on the link Team Hurrican photos they have a bunch of pictures of the new sedans not just one magazine quality shot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.