R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Alex CE4 Vs. RCLab 7even 6.0 pro (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/25044-alex-ce4-vs-rclab-7even-6-0-pro.html)

PIIHB! 09-28-2003 09:53 AM

Alex CE4 Vs. RCLab 7even 6.0 pro

I'd like to try one of these cars due to the unique layout. Does anybody have any insight on either of these models they could share? Thanks!

wyd 09-28-2003 10:02 AM

You should check out the Alex racing website and also I think SpeedTech has some stuff for the Barracuda and the Alex cars. I wonder if Macky stiff has his older Alex car for sale.

PIIHB! 09-28-2003 10:17 AM

I emailed macky this morning about his car. Do you think it would be worth a try?

BTW, what is alex racings web address?

wyd 09-28-2003 10:31 AM

I mainly think parts might be a problem. I would check the Alex website for parts availabilty and SpeedTech. I think I would look into the Barracuda or the Surikan. The Surikan is nice because RCO carries alot of the parts.

Parts for any of the wild cars are harder to get. Hell even my Yoke is a pain but now RCO is starting to get a bounch of stuff off backorder. If you get more of an exotic car I would buy one new one and then keep your eyes open for a used one for parts.

wyd 09-28-2003 10:42 AM

I checked SpeedTech and they list the RCLab 7 6.0. It is only 199 bucks but I didn't see a listing of parts like they have for the Yoke, Barracuda and Surikan cars.

If you really want an exotic car look into the Barracuda R2. I would also check the Alex site. If you can't get parts at least through order them I would stay away from the car.

I think you could get a Barracuda R2 or Surikan car and be fast. If we wired up you car nice and neat and got your batteries done up nice I think you woulod be a top 5 guy everyweek at RCO. I'm willing to help you out and even come down sometime to your pad and help build your new car with you. I could meet you at RCO on a Friday or I can take off work on a Friday and meet you and follow you to your place and build your car.

If you want to be fast (You are now but you can be even better if you worked a little more on it and really try) you can be a really surprise alot of guys at RCO and some other places when we run. You just need to let me know. Pitting with Travis and Tom won't make you faster!!!!!!:D

SteveM 09-28-2003 10:58 AM

I run an RCLab 7even 6.0 Pro II car and I like it very much. I've run TC3, MR-4TC, Axis 2, Ofna Z-10 but my results are better with the Lab than any of those others.

Parts availability is always a problem, but so was getting Yokomo or Ofna parts. Schumacher stuff was available locally....if you could afford them that is. The only car that had parts support at all of my LHS was the TC3.

On my Lab, I have made several changes. I now use the optional pulleys, longer belts with a second belt tensioner for the front belt, alloy rear carriers, alloy steering knuckles. I have also changed the camber links and moved them off the shock towers and lengthened them to reach the alloy bulkheads instead.

http://members.rogers.com/s.maines/H...Lab/7even.html

Parts are now only available from the UK as I no longer have a Canadian source. Modeltech is the place and Mike has been super to deal with.

The new 7.7 model seems to be an improvement and the car is now even more tuneable. I can't offer any feedback on the Barracude R2, but I have seem the new Tamiya Evo III and the four racers in my club are having issues with stripped gears in the diffs all the time. Seems the fix is to install TC3 gears....?? Go fogure.

seaball 09-29-2003 05:46 AM

rclab

the 6.0 is awesome, but the 7.7 is more adjustable. if you are buying new, opt for the 7.7 it is a more quality kit, that will let you adjust roll center and antisquat. these are big adjustments on any track.

oh, and if you couldn't tell... get the lab. it's a great car and rclab is continuously working to improve the product. visit their hong kong site for the latest info

www.rclab.com

these guys have revised the car what...4 times. and it still has a mid motor. not to make money, but because it works. look at the site. they constantly address any problems with the quality of the car, and make hopups to make it even better. but rest assured, it is extremely capable out of the box.

the ce4 is cool, and i've also looked at macky's car, but i have concerns about the FRONT mounted motor. that's a risk that, if it doesn't work, can't be fixed. before you get that, i'd definately find someone, who's opinion you respect, and find out how it is on the track. i've not ever read about it on the track.

my $.02

Herminator 09-29-2003 05:55 AM

I used to have a Lab and it was a nice car, just never got it to handle like I wanted. Mike at Modeltech is great to deal with and knows the Lab as well as any one out there.
I now run a Barracuda and know Alex Racing makes quality kits, the CE4 looks interesting, but I would be worried about getting parts. Both cars won't be easy to get parts for as going down to your LHS but would you be able to find CE4 parts anywhere? :confused:

JDM_DOHC_SiR 09-29-2003 06:09 AM

Originally posted by Herminator
I used to have a Lab and it was a nice car, just never got it to handle like I wanted. Mike at Modeltech is great to deal with and knows the Lab as well as any one out there.
I now run a Barracuda and know Alex Racing makes quality kits, the CE4 looks interesting, but I would be worried about getting parts. Both cars won't be easy to get parts for as going down to your LHS but would you be able to find CE4 parts anywhere? :confused:

:D depends on where you are for parts :lol: for me most of the parts for the CE-4 are really easy to get...plus the CE-4 is built like a brick...just like the cuda... the only problem that I have with the CE-4 is it`s to light for racing were I`m at...!!:eek: :weird: it comes in at 1410 with body elect. and pana 3000s.. and I have to be at 1520 to race.!!!:sneaky: ...very very fast car and it works really well with modified motors.!!:nod: ..... but I have no comment for the Lab cars since they are rare in Japan..

my 2 bits

-Dave:cool:

PIIHB! 09-29-2003 09:11 AM

I ended up getting macky's ce4. At the track I run at everyone has an x-ray. I just have to be differant. Right now I run a mod'd TA04 that works pretty good.

wyd 09-29-2003 04:49 PM

Let the fun begin real soon with that new ride. :nod:

JDM_DOHC_SiR 09-29-2003 08:43 PM

Originally posted by BoLink Boy
I ended up getting macky's ce4. At the track I run at everyone has an x-ray. I just have to be differant. Right now I run a mod'd TA04 that works pretty good.

If you need set up help with the CE-4 let me know.. I can help... :nod:

-Dave:cool: