R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #91
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
how i wish i has a SEAT to join the World while USA have Seats but no driver attend....wat a waste.......Malaysian only have 2 Seats.....

Australia only had 2 positions but we are now sending 6 I think.. always some spots left before entries close

Last edited by cannon; 11-02-2008 at 06:36 PM.
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:09 PM   #92
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Isn't it like 18 hours of flying to get from Eastern North America to Thailand? That might have something to do with it.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:13 PM   #93
Tech Champion

So it is beyond Americans to travel? Poor attitude The rest of the World has to travel as well
Old 11-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #94
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame

i think a lot of the US drivers would love to go..I think the bottom line is $$$$$ or there lack there of..

My 2 cents..
Old 11-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #95
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Losi pretty much isn't concentrating on the modified sedan class anymore so they will not send any drivers.

Associated has a few drivers going but they are scattered throughout the world and not only from the U.S.

Corally USA, the team seems to have shrunk. Since they are an importer of Corally products in the U.S. they probably feel like they don't have to send their drivers and would prefer to concentrate sales in the U.S.

RC America, another importer of Xray products probably feels the same way.

I would suspect that there are less and less true factory drivers in the U.S. with only Losi and Associated having their roots here. All others are manufactured elsewhere.

This is only speculation on my part.

Either way it doesn't matter the event is going to be a spectacle to watch no matter how many U.S. drivers there will be in attendance.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:09 PM   #96
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

I think maybe lack of preparation is also one reason .... i mean it's a Worlds Year and we the world knew it was a Worlds Year as early as two years ago. I totally understand the economic factors but earlier this year in Feb, the recent economic crash didnt happen yet there were still no strong US contingent to speak of during the TITC (net of Billy Easton) which had all the other top drivers from Europe and Asia present. And many took that opportunity to race because its a Worlds Year and it was the Worlds Track. So makes you wonder if there really was any intent to go at all by many as early as back then .... although im sure it can be argured that there were other big races states side that may have conflicted but hey, its a Worlds Year! oh I think I said that already haha...

Dont get me wrong, I guess the only reason for this is because it would have really been nice to have good representation accross the regions. I suppose its just not meant to be. Regardless the best in the world will still be there and the likes of Masami, Hara, Rheinard, Wilk, Teemu, Hagberg, Naoto, Surikharn, Grainger, Moore, Lemiuex, Howart, etc are sure to make this a very intense and exciting competition and soon enough we'll have a new worthy World Champion crowned.

Cant wait! Hara seems to be in the zone again so he has to be a top bet but would really be good to see Masami take this one since he surely deserves this as a feather on his cap after all the other unbelievable achievements he has had in the RC world!

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:08 PM   #97
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Jacobson View Post
DavidAlford That was funny
You're next up buddy
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:11 PM   #98
mok
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mok Send a message via Skype™ to mok

I really couldnt care any less about the lack of US drivers (but thats probably because I am from Australia)..
I'm just waiting for the Tamiyas to stomp all over the XRays regardless of who is driving hehe
mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:21 PM   #99
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mok View Post
I really couldnt care any less about the lack of US drivers (but thats probably because I am from Australia)..
I'm just waiting for the Tamiyas to stomp all over the XRays regardless of who is driving hehe
US vs Over sea's
Black's vs White
Crips vs Blood's
Peanut butter vs Jelly

This years Worlds is still gonna go on just as life did when the above mentioned items were the talk of the town. Good luck to everyone attending and no matter who wins......I'd personally like to see Yokomo come back into the states. STLNLST HAS SPOKEN!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:36 PM   #100
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mok View Post
hahaha ... im not american either.

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:36 AM   #101
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
It is a shame that the USA hasn't been able to get drivers to attend. Is SE Asia that scary a location? It seems that unless it is their own back yard there is no attendance from the USA. A pity really

Racing in Thailand is a cheap race meeting compared to other locations for the racer .. food and accommodation is cheap, the people are friendly, the so called political unrest is non existent. The track is good.

What more do you need .. ahh yes ... friendly locals
Now I know why Niels loves going over there.
Z
Old 11-03-2008, 01:41 AM   #102
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpoint View Post
Now I know why Niels loves going over there.
Z
Yes, he was a bit surprised at the time
Old 11-03-2008, 01:50 AM   #103
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu

Old 11-03-2008, 11:43 AM   #104
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I just looked up air fare to Thailand.... looks like about $1900 from WI for a round trip... lot of money to come out of a drivers pocket to race a toy car
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:57 AM   #105
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JamesArluck

Sorry to say it, but I think for the last few years the majority of US pros have lagged behind the rest of the world on asphalt. The ones who have shown to be competative on the international level on asphalt are the few who are going, or are stuck without rides and unable to attend. As always there are a few exceptions, but with the state of the US economy and electric TC on the decline in the US, it's tough for companies to send US drivers who don't have a reasonable shot at winning.
JamesArluck is offline   Reply With Quote