R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-30-2008, 03:50 PM   #61
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Luke Hobson

to do EFRA euros then its top 17 (maybe top 18) in final standings for BRCA nationals. plus the top 2 or 3 from the stock divisions get a chance to go.

for IFMAR worlds event then I beleive it is the top 5 get a automatic qualification for it, and then it gets passed down if any of the top 5 do not wish to go (also the same case for the EFRA event)

hope that makes sense

luke

http://luke-hobson.blogspot.com/
Luke Hobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:48 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu

i wonder who is represent Serpent in the World Race.....
Old 10-31-2008, 02:11 AM   #63
Tech Addict

Ok but when you mean top 17 in BRCA , do you mean top 17 guys of modified or prostock or stock ?
top 17 means the first ten of the A final and the 7 rest of the B final ?Am i right
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:21 AM   #64
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hobson View Post
plus the top 2 or 3 from the stock divisions get a chance to go.
Top 17 from modified, which I imagine uses championship position, not the result of one national.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:43 AM   #65
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Pocknell View Post
Top 17 from modified, which I imagine uses championship position, not the result of one national.
Ok so it means that they select the top 17 from mod FROM the championship , not from one national .
So it means that i have to attend all national
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:41 AM   #66
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
Ok so it means that they select the top 17 from mod FROM the championship , not from one national .
So it means that i have to attend all national
You need to attend enough to count......

Anyway, back to the topic..... I've narrowed it down to 5 who could win the TC event. There are many more who have the skill, but perhaps not quite the support needed. Personally, I am expecting to see five different chassis in the A main. I have picked out in my head who I think is going to win it, but won't post it for fear of jinxing it!!
Old 10-31-2008, 07:05 AM   #67
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Anybody there had a chance to check out the hotbodies cars and if they are runnning a new chassis or still running the old car?

www.nexusracing.com
www.go-rc.org
shadow102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #68
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

It is a shame that the USA hasn't been able to get drivers to attend. Is SE Asia that scary a location? It seems that unless it is their own back yard there is no attendance from the USA. A pity really

Racing in Thailand is a cheap race meeting compared to other locations for the racer .. food and accommodation is cheap, the people are friendly, the so called political unrest is non existent. The track is good.

What more do you need .. ahh yes ... friendly locals
Attached Thumbnails
IFMAR 2008 Electric Worlds- Thailand-g2.jpg  
Old 11-01-2008, 05:27 PM   #69
Tech Adept

TC in the USA is not as popular as it once was. That is why the USA companies are not sending their drivers overseas since it cost so much for airfare, hotel, entry fee, tires, food.
Example why would Tamiya USA send anyone when they already have 3 International drivers that could win the worlds. Having potentially 3 guys that could win the worlds is a very good ratio. So, why send more drivers?
Jimmy Jacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #70
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

It is a pity really because accommodation, food etc is cheap in Bangkok.

Yes Tamiya is covered. Still doesn't mean that individuals cant go. Broaden the horizons etc
Old 11-01-2008, 06:22 PM   #71
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i know i have no chance at the worlds, but i would go just to meet cannon!
Old 11-01-2008, 08:41 PM   #72
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

I could be wrong here but i thought the worlds is also partly about representing your country more than just representing your sponsors? In any case, its really a pitty coz thailand is really such a great and worthy venue for this event. The track is great, everything is dirt cheap and there really is nothing scary about the place (dont believe everything you see andhear in the news). And as already pointed out, it will cost less than sending people over to Europe where it will cost way more to send a team ... I recall in the last worlds the USA was well represented..... if you can send racer to Italy, you can probably send 3 to Thailand for approximately the same cost.

Maybe thats partly why TC is not that popular in the USA .... they have less reason to watch the worlds since not many of the hometown boys are there anyway.

Its just kind of a shame not to see all the top guns there since this really is "THE SHOW" ....

Either way though, the Europeans and Asians will really make this an awesome event and I'm sure Paul L. and Rick H. will represent their country well. Cant wait to see how it all turns out!

.. by the way, is Billy Easton going for Serpent?

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #73
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

as Josh Cyrul stated few posts back........

The World Championship has changed a lot.............

The factories put a huge effort on developing stuf specific for the WC track and the tires used for the event, so they go more than once (Did I say ONCE?) during the year to test.........

The guys who test are usually the ones that are really close, if not inside a factory as employee.

Every factory has their reasons to send their small groups of ace drivers and designers to do R&D at the track which will host the WC. Specially in EP, the cars are really easy to modify and adapt, so they have a myriad of possibilities on new (and maybe exclusively for the race) aluminum and carbon fiber parts..........Same goes for electronics............

Well, this is a cascade effect and in the end we just see the same winning faces, of course thanks to their talent, but I think the R/C industry is going to the point reached by Formula1 years ago and now they're restricting about everything to make the things viable..........

There are small companies manufacturing great products for the end user, although due to many reasons they aren't able to test and design parts for a single event like giants HPI/Hot Bodies and Tamiya can do. I won't include Xray because they can't be compared, also Xray releases a new car every year and has great marketing campaigns and I'm sure they're making money from this, and they make high quality products with no doubt. Anyway what I meant if that there are great products that just have a very very small chance of becoming World Champion, but still great and top notch stuff.

Unfortunately the day after everybody will want world champion stuff, but very few people will wonder about why and how something is world champion or not.

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:17 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hope someone can post pics here when the racing starts.....

Good luck to the U.S. drivers and the Filipino drivers attending this race....
Old 11-02-2008, 12:13 AM   #75
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic31 View Post
i know i have no chance at the worlds, but i would go just to meet cannon!
you'd be disappointed!

go tamiya!